Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 14, 2016, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsey
Can anyone provide the pinout for this connection (ext. mic + usb power and/or usb data)?
It is the same as for a GoPro Hero 4, best diagram I've seen is:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...5/#post-223841

" Important: if you want stereo sound you must use a 330K resistor "
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2016, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyonlds
Because slow memory cards can create issues. The same is true of fake memory cards, many of which are low grade (slow). The market is awash in fakes. It's gotten so bad, the only way to guarantee a genuine card is to buy it from a large, established retailer.
So the bad quality is confirmed ? Because i dont know if you see my videos from git2 which i post here yesterday. The card was bought from true stone shop in my country, i dont believe that i should have fake card.... Are my videos bad or its normal ? Yes or Not ?
Feb 14, 2016, 08:51 AM

SD card read write test

Hi All,

So found this little program called "speedout" to test the speed of SD cards.

https://sites.google.com/site/mbentefor/documents

I have a Samsung Class 10 card.

With it in the camera plugged into my computer I get read 20 wrote 14 MB/s so maybe not so great.

With the card removed from the camera and put into a SD card reader I got 37 and 26MB/s so a lot better. Not sure what what is required but I would think 26 is plenty. Not sure why the speed is so much less when going through the camera. Maybe just the USB port out of the camera is limited. Or maybe the camera itself cant write to the card fast enough??

I'm sure someone that knows more will have something to say.

Would be interested if anyone wanted to download that simple little app and post there replies as well.

Cheers
Feb 14, 2016, 08:53 AM
Mtz
Mtz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrazauberer
Thanks. I really like the tricopter from rcexplorer..
If you are beginner you will crash it too many times.
Buy something which is flying by itself, for example the great XK X380.

enjoy,
Mtz
Feb 14, 2016, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb103
Not a nice comparison. 60fps+gimbal vs 30fps no gimbal And still I like the Möbius :-)

I again see the stuttering on the Git2 (have seen that before).

And for the color shift is a kind of trick which works pretty well. Just lock your exposure and WB to the level you want https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQm7_8JbpZ0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTradioman
I agree that the möbius is smoother and that the Git2 is out of focus, washed out colour, stuttering on the pan shot of the city.
Thanks both that is kinda what I was expecting people to say. I didn't want to prompt any kinda response with my original post.
I must say the more I use this camera the less I am impressed with it. The main reason I went with this one was,
1) I needed a Gopro format camera for my gimbal and didn't want to spend as much as a gopro for messing about at my level.
2) I like the idea of wifi
3) Was interested in the Gyro stabilization.
4) Had 2+ k video capability.
5) 240 fps interested me in some high speed stuff I wanted record.

What I like about it.
A1) The Gyro stabilization seems to work very well but not tested a lot. Thing is my Tiny 2 Gimbal is so good just dont need it in the quad. Will come in handy for hand held filming im sure.
A2) There are a bucket load of features and the menus are all fairly easy to use.
A3) Gitup seem very proactive in fixing problems. Hopefully after they get back from holidays they get back involved and start to work on firmware upgrades.
A4) The remote is great for when its in my quad with the gimbal booted up I can start the recording without disturbing the gimbal trying to push buttons.

What I dont like.
B1) There are hot pixels but really only found them after looking hard only a very small issue for me
B2) The Panning jitters or shutter on the video is awful. Impossible to use higher than 1080 as the 60fps is better but still bad. Way worse than the mobius at 30 fps.. At 2160 you feel like you are about to have an epileptic fit when panning. Maybe this is the biggest problem for me.
B3) The colour change is massive when lighting changes. I am fairly sure I can get around this with fixing the white balance. Need to study up on it.
B4) The wifi is too slow to be useful. 10 sec to download a 4mb file to my ph... Maybe its just because they dont have the right app. I have tried final cam bu just too hard. When you have 200 pics and no preview and it takes that long to download. Forget it. Wait till I get home.
B5) 240 FPS is a myth. Cant get more than 120.
B6) Its just doesn't seem that sharp. I took a heap of pics today. Some outside in the snow which were ok. Some indoors where about 50% were really blured. Maybe check these 2 pics and let us know if you think worth while refocusing.

I also saw a video comparison on the 94deg lens. Looks like a big improvement maybe? The super fish eye look I think died with Gopro 1. Is this doable now or do we have to wait for them to release a compatible lens? Maybe someone has found something that already works? Happy to sacrifice some angle for quality.

Cheers
Feb 14, 2016, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
If you are beginner you will crash it too many times.
Buy something which is flying by itself, for example the great XK X380.

enjoy,
Mtz
Why? I already have experience with a little quad, but it's not suitable for outside, it has not much power so the wind is difficult to handle.

Btw. I just uploaded the video:
Gitup Git2 - 1440p 4:3 to 16:9 Superview (21 min 2 sec)

Again a superview test. Wait for high quality on youtube. I uploaded a 3.8GB file, the original looks really nice.
Feb 14, 2016, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrazauberer

Also the trick with the import Git2-video-files into GoPro Studio without reencode worked well. I will upload today new footage.
I missed that, can someone be a star and tell me what page that was on....
Feb 14, 2016, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spasi
https://mega.nz/#F!JEUAlDwA
key: !oJFO1gLl7HyzREDDHWAmdQ

Can someone confirm the quality of videos from my git2 with others videos from git2 cams which look like much better ? Is this the normal quality and i had just bad light condition or there is something wrong with my camera ? FW 1.3
Someone downgrade to FW 1.2 because bad video quality and low sharpnes, could this be the reason ?
Yours looks much better than mine does, wanna swap?
Feb 14, 2016, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaddness500
B6) Its just doesn't seem that sharp. I took a heap of pics today. Some outside in the snow which were ok. Some indoors where about 50% were really blured. Maybe check these 2 pics and let us know if you think worth while refocusing.
On the 1st pic there are quite difficult light conditions. It looks bad because camera is oversharpening the noise. It's not the best cam for indoor.
But the 2nd photo is almost perfect for me. Your Git2 gives sharpness from edge to edge, which is not obvious. Image is a little bit oversharpened. That's because the Normal sharpness setting is too strong and Soft is too soft.
Feb 14, 2016, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoaliphant
I missed that, can someone be a star and tell me what page that was on....
Here is the post from MTZ: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1760

Now 1080p is available on YT. But it's blocky. :-( I attached a snapshot from the video for comparison.
Feb 14, 2016, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pevly
My review of GIT 2
http://pevly.com/gitup-git2-review/
Still not 100% finished, but should provide answers to some of the questions asked all the time.
If you find any errors, let me know, I kinda rushed it.
According to this review th Git2 camera on the latest firmware should have these video resolutions
2880x2160 @ 24fps
2560x1440 @ 30fps
1920*1440 @ 30fps (4:3)
2034x1296 @ 30fps
1920x1080 @ 60fps
1920x1080 @ 30fps
1280x720 @ 60 fps
1280x720 @ 120 fps
1280x720 @ 30 fps
768x480 @ 30 fps
640x480 @ 240 fps

Can someone tell me why I only seem to have the following on the video resolution screen:
WVGA
VGA/240FPS
2180P/24FPS
1440P/30FPS
1296/30FPS
1440P4.3
1080P/60FPS
1080P/30FPS
720P/120FPS
720P/60FPS
720P/30FPS

Now , I am a noob with this camera but which of this is which?

Also when the FPV cable is plugged in what are the "default" FPV settings on the camera that the cable triggers for recording and AV out?

So as promised I took the camera out today on stock settings (default) with the gyro on and in the waterproof case. I am interested to see if anyone thinks the images are OK or fuzzy and under exposed. In particular at 4 to 5 mins.
Git2 Default Settings 1080p60 (6 min 14 sec)
Last edited by BigTradioman; Feb 14, 2016 at 12:15 PM.
Feb 14, 2016, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaddness500
B4) The wifi is too slow to be useful. 10 sec to download a 4mb file to my ph... Maybe its just because they dont have the right app. I have tried final cam bu just too hard. When you have 200 pics and no preview and it takes that long to download. Forget it. Wait till I get home.
Wifi is really slow on every single (action)camera, and not a real option to download pictures with, let alone videos. Use it to set up your camera or for preview, but move files when you can put your card in a reader.

BTW: I think those 2 pictures look pretty good. I guess the lighting indoor wasn't very bright, so the camera might have chosen a slow shutterspeed and/or high(er) iso-setting to compensate.
Feb 14, 2016, 12:11 PM
Dave
Quote:
According to this review th Git2 camera on the latest firmware should have these video resolutions
2880x2160 @ 24fps
2560x1440 @ 30fps
1920*1440 @ 30fps (4:3)
2034x1296 @ 30fps
1920x1080 @ 60fps
1920x1080 @ 30fps
1280x720 @ 60 fps
1280x720 @ 120 fps
1280x720 @ 30 fps
768x480 @ 30 fps
640x480 @ 240 fps

Can someone tell me why I only seem to have the following on the video resolution screen:
WVGA
VGA/240FPS
2180P/24FPS
1440P/30FPS
1296/30FPS
1440P4.3
1080P/60FPS
1080P/30FPS
720P/120FPS
720P/60FPS
720P/30FPS

Now , I am a noob with this camera but which of this is which?

Also when the FPV cable is plugged in what are the "default" FPV settings on the camera that the cable triggers for recording and AV out?

So as promised I took the camera out today on stock settings (default) with the gyro on and in the waterproof case. I am interested to see if anyone thinks the images are OK or fuzzy and under exposed.
https://youtu.be/1o-DbBYMM5o
Can you give us a hint which resolution you are looking for, because they seem to be very similar in what they say and what you have
Feb 14, 2016, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Yours looks much better than mine does, wanna swap?
I would be happier when you told me you have much better quality than me, so now i know this quality have all of us, but i still dont underantd all of this happy customers post this FULL PRO HD videos on youtube which looks like from camera which cost 1000€....
Can someone else confirm that quality ?
Feb 14, 2016, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
BTW: I think those 2 pictures look pretty good. I guess the lighting indoor wasn't very bright, so the camera might have chosen a slow shutterspeed and/or high(er) iso-setting to compensate.
Agreed, the focus seems good.

I'm seeing a lot of jpeg compression on the indoor one which is spoiling it, I guess I'm not seeing what came out of the camera, if I am then I suggest using 16 or 12 MP resolution and reducing it on your computer if you need it reduced.

In these low light conditions, I always try to mount the camera on something to avoid camera shake. A Selfie stick or mini tripod is good, a fence or lamp post is better. The camera on its own is so light that it doesn't damp out hand shake like a larger camera does.

"indoors where about 50% were really blured" does suggest camera shake as the camera focus is fixed so should not change.

Quick Reply