Nov 19, 2015, 02:28 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Hi All ,A little help please ?

Hi All. I am pretty new to building a setup from scratch. I am hopin some here with knowledge would throw some my way. I have a 33" delta force hull that i am building up.

I have 2x 5s , 4000maH 30c batteries (plan on parallel)
160A turnigy aquastar. , i know its a little small
4074 1050Kv motor low Kv i know

Anyway, i bouht them as a package , its done now....
i was planning on running the 1050 but unsure of a prop size. I figure i want a speed of about 25mph. I figure it should run forever on the batteries with this motor. Does that seem a fair call without stressing the setup ?

Question 1 . What prop size for the 1050 ?

I am also looking at pushing the boat a fair bit faster. I have searched the web all over and keep getting conflictiong comments. I want to push the boat to around 50mph or more. I realise my esc will die eventually pending on prop. I have found that for 5s i will need somewhre between 1750Kv and 2200Kv.

Question 2 . Can anyone narrow the gap in Kv rating for 5s anymore than that.

Question 3 . What prope can i start with on the motor from question 2

Cheers All, i look forward to your advice

Doc
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2015, 03:42 AM
5s ? 2200kv is way high for a mono

1700-1900kv more suitable i think

a 4074 will get it close to 50 mph , a size bigger would be better
starting with a 41 mm or 43 mm 1.4 p depending on the kv

i use cnc props , hate the balancing....
Nov 19, 2015, 03:49 AM
Thread OP
Thanks mate. So if i can find something in the 4074 can size around 1750/1850 kv range it should go pretty well with a 41 to 43 prop ? .

I am guessing the 1050kv is not much good for anything on this boat
Nov 19, 2015, 04:59 AM
yep , but buy a motor with some quality
Tp , leopard....
bigger budget :lehner ,neu...
if you still got to buy ; pick a size 4082 would be my recommandation

1050 Kv : a least 8s to get some power out off it
Nov 19, 2015, 05:43 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Hi D,

Check out this build thread, it should answer a lot of your questions:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2443662

Regards, Jan.
Nov 19, 2015, 07:49 AM
I don't know where you are located.
If it was me with this boat I would run a 4s setup strictly because it's a racing class in most areas. If/when the bug hits you can go run with other people without the issues of running different power.
Running alone is fun, running with a bunch of other boats is a blast!
Not saying change your plans, just something to think about for down the road, racing classes stick to even numbered battery setups. 4s,6s.....
Plenty of people have had very good luck with TP or Leopard motors in this exact boat, good quality middle of the road motors for a good price. Not in there with Neu or Lehner but nowhere near the price.
If you did decide to go 4s I would really suggest a Castle 1515 1y motor, very good motors, more $ than a Leopard but less than a NEU. They don't have a proper kv motor in this size for anything but 4s now I think.
I would also look at a Turnigy marine or Hobbywing (same thing) 180 esc, possibly an Aquastar 200 which is a Swordfish, had good luck with their 120, never used their 200 amp.
Nov 19, 2015, 03:09 PM
Thread OP
Thanks everyone . I am in Australia. We only have a couple of choice for decent shops here. I have considered going 4s. I just had these 5s sitting around as they are a bit big fo my buggy. I will look into the 1515 and 4082 size cans. Like i said, its pretty limited around here for anything of quality. Off to read the thread now and see what new questions that raises. i know i should have gone 180a esc but until it blows up im kinds stuck with it
Nov 19, 2015, 09:00 PM

Hi Docktor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docktor
Thanks everyone . I am in Australia. We only have a couple of choice for decent shops here. I have considered going 4s. I just had these 5s sitting around as they are a bit big fo my buggy. I will look into the 1515 and 4082 size cans. Like i said, its pretty limited around here for anything of quality. Off to read the thread now and see what new questions that raises. i know i should have gone 180a esc but until it blows up im kinds stuck with it
I deal with this supplier in Australia for some of my RC boating needs, they have been very good with their service, they are in South Australia, hope this helps, http://shop.rcboatbitz.com.au/

John.

Quick Reply