Nov 18, 2015, 03:57 PM
Launch the drones ...
Discussion

Trickle down economics ... The lie that won't die ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-...b_8527636.html

This is arguably, the most dangerous lie, today. Trickle down economics. Why are the rich so successful, at getting the rest of us, to go along?
Nov 18, 2015, 03:58 PM
Tu ne cede malis
You mean the truth that won't die. That's why it won't die.

It's not 're'-distributing wealth to *not* take what isn't yours to begin with.
Nov 18, 2015, 04:06 PM
Real Time Recon
"most dangerous lie"? compared to what ? these ? http://www.infowars.com/252-document...-cronyism-etc/
Nov 18, 2015, 04:07 PM
Real Time Recon
But wait theressssssssssss more https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpres.../15/obama-252/
Nov 18, 2015, 04:08 PM
Redbilly Band Member
Why won't they just print more wealth and give it all to the poor people? Then the poor people would be the rich ones and we could tax them @90%. That should fix it.
Nov 18, 2015, 04:11 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Why would it matter if everyone who didn't have capital had a lot of money? Nothing using any appreciable capital would be around because it would have never been produced.

Here's their theory for wealth. seize it and send it to be spent, seize the spent money before it gets to the top again, and again send it to be spent...then intercept it again before it gets to the top, and send it to be spent, again...ad infinitum.

What it will be spent upon after they cripple capital formation, is another matter.
Nov 18, 2015, 04:15 PM
University of Cambridge.... no agenda there
Nov 18, 2015, 04:25 PM
Redbilly Band Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
Why would it matter if everyone who didn't have capital had a lot of money? Nothing using any appreciable capital would be around because it would have never been produced.

Here's their theory for wealth. seize it and send it to be spent, seize the spent money before it gets to the top again, and again send it to be spent...then intercept it again before it gets to the top, and send it to be spent, again...ad infinitum.

What it will be spent upon after they cripple capital formation, is another matter.
Honestly, I didn't think that far ahead. But my intentions are good, and so I think we should do it anyway. As we move forward. Think of the children!
Nov 18, 2015, 04:30 PM
Trickle down economics has been a failure. It was presented to the public by the repub scam artists wishing to give the wealthy a large tax break which would "trickle down" and make everyone below them that much better off, BS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trickle-down_economics
Nov 18, 2015, 04:33 PM
WAA-08 Survivor
The most dangerous lie today is that the rich have something you think you deserve.

Besides, I'd love it if someone could explain the myth that trickle down doesn't work. How could it NOT "work" ? The only possible hypothetically way I can think of where it doesn't work is if the rich made lots of money and destroyed it. Otherwise, they spend it on goods and services. The only people who don't benefit from those jobs are libs on welfare.
Nov 18, 2015, 04:33 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
Trickle down economics has been a failure. It was presented to the public by the repub scam artists wishing to give the wealthy a large tax break which would "trickle down" and make everyone below them that much better off, BS.
It's a 'scam' to let people keep their own property?

that says more about the ideas in play than anything else
Nov 18, 2015, 04:35 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin
The most dangerous lie today is that the rich have something you think you deserve.

Besides, I'd love it if someone could explain the myth that trickle down doesn't work. How could it NOT "work" ? The only possible hypothetically way I can think of where it doesn't work is if the rich made lots of money and destroyed it. Otherwise, they spend it on goods and services. The only people who don't benefit from those jobs are libs on welfare.
This is precisely the issue. The money doesn't sit under mattresses or in a mason jar. It is still in the economy, and in fact, as capital it is being used to accelerate wealth creation.

And note the other innate issue...people pushing these inverted economics nearly always treat trade as a one way thing, and avoid the fact that goods, as well as money, are wealth.
Nov 18, 2015, 04:40 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Another leftist college professor spouting leftist lies to further their leftist agenda. I invested in the years that Reagan's policies affected... and I made money. I invested more and made more. Here lately... not so much... This guy is utterly full of BS.
Nov 18, 2015, 04:51 PM
Launch the drones ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman
Another leftist college professor spouting leftist lies to further their leftist agenda. I invested in the years that Reagan's policies affected... and I made money. I invested more and made more. Here lately... not so much... This guy is utterly full of BS.
Leftist? Is that a bad word, in your mind? And he was educated too. I guess that counts against him too, in your world?

Anyway, the guy is right. Leftist or not. If we tax the rich less, the rich will get richer, not us.
Nov 18, 2015, 04:54 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green
Leftist? Is that a bad word, in your mind? And he was educated too. I guess that counts against him too, in your world?

Anyway, the guy is right. Leftist or not. If we tax the rich less, the rich will get richer, not us.
The guy is wrong. You don't create wealth by stealing it.

Quick Reply