This thread is privately moderated by Rob Knox, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 18, 2015, 07:41 AM
Captain Coolite
Thread OP
Discussion

An Early Christmas Gift

Today, one of the guys at work gave me another crashed model aeroplane. It's an1100mm Park Zone F4U corsair.
I brought it home and fixed up the tail, then put in a receiver. Once I'd bound it, I ran it up. The Electronic Speed controller burned out straight away. The model filled with very dense, white smoke. I quickly disconnected the battery and pulled it out. Luckily, I had a spare 40 amp ESC, which I quickly tested and then installed.
I called my friend Kyla, who I am teaching to fly RC, and asked her to come over.
You see, Kyla's favorite war bird is the corsair, and I told her I had a surprise for her.

Once she turned up, we went to the park for the test flight. I fully expected the model to be twitchy and difficult to fly. Boy, how wrong I was.
This model is just an absolute JOY to fly.
It was gentle to fly, and performed all of the usual loops, rolls and inverted flight.

Once I'd landed the model, I handed it to Kyla and said, " Merry Christmas, it's yours".
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2015, 12:42 AM
Calm before the storm
Nice Rob! Merry Christmas to you as well! Reading this story is awesome! Two Thumbs Up!
Nov 19, 2015, 06:00 AM
Captain Coolite
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy81
Nice Rob! Merry Christmas to you as well! Reading this story is awesome! Two Thumbs Up!
Thank you Sir.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Rob

Quick Reply