Nov 18, 2015, 12:25 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

MR Aerodesign DHC-2 Beaver Engine???

I think this fits in the "Giant Scale" section...

Well I did something crazy the other day. I bought a DHC-2 Beaver kit from MR Aerodesign. I got the whole kit with the floats and regular gear as well as the instrument panel.

It's a little crazy when I think about how long it will be before I get to building it! I have a lot to learn and a lot to practice before I will consider myself skilled enough to tackle such a beast of a project!

Anyway, I have one main question. It's the thing I think about the most when I think about building this plane! The engine! What to use for an engine?!

I would like to use a radial engine, but it appears that the cowl mounting configuration would require some modifications.

Does anyone have any experience with this plane? Anyone ever put a radial engine in one? I've looked around but I haven't been able to find any info from anyone who has used an actual radial engine in this plane.

Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead!

I was thinking though, that perhaps like I did with the kit, I should buy an engine sooner rather than later that way when I get around to building the plane, I will have the engine to work around when it comes to the nose section.

Any radial engine info in general would be great!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2015, 06:52 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
I can't help with the engine choice but I can say this plane is also on my wish list. Everything I read about it said its a winner. Best of luck on your build.

Jim
Nov 18, 2015, 07:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm
I can't help with the engine choice but I can say this plane is also on my wish list. Everything I read about it said its a winner. Best of luck on your build.

Jim
It is a very nice kit! There are so many parts! It's quite daunting really!

But I have heard nothing but good things about the kits! Everything seems to be very nice quality!

I'm sure you would be happy with one if you got one!

Quick Reply