Sep 19, 2019, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganLR
WBPU and 3/4 once cloth, very light and strong, plus not hard to do. There are several posts here on RCG and other sites on how to do this. Aerotetris also does a paper finishing system that is super strong and light!

R Morgan
Vaguely remembered someone here long time ago mentioned newspaper and something like wood glue?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2019, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303
Shush... that is the secret I have been promoting for years here lol....

The jigsaw puzzle of Aerotetris is a challenge, yet still easier than scratch build from balsa and glue and film. Can't imagine doing scratch build in my garage lol... Did zero progress in any of my repairs or builds/mods over the summer, over 80 F (average 85 F) every night in the garage.

Where can I buy that super light 18gr
Or 25gr Glass fiber cloth nowadays?

Seems Hobbyking is no longer have it anymore .
:-(

Sep 19, 2019, 03:17 AM
Google is your best friend: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/glass-fi...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
The picture looks different from before, so not sure this is the new batch or else...
Sep 19, 2019, 06:46 AM
For all your fiberglass cloth needs:

www.thayercraft.com

They are in Highpoint N.C.
Sep 19, 2019, 07:03 AM
There are videos on the Aerotetris site and YouTube showing the paper method used on their awesome Saab Viggen and Draken. Most of their jets are per model 80 through 120mm edf size. Check them out they have some great stuff, even an awesome 90 and 120mm Skyray and many more. You can sit and watch TV in the house and build 80% of the airframe with no mess! It is a 3D puzzle with full instructions. I am looking at the 120mm Yak-130 as soon as it is released!
Sep 21, 2019, 05:40 PM
Not sure if FW will produce a Tetris plane, will it?
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter
Sep 22, 2019, 12:31 AM
You meant FW make the same model Aerotetris has already made as 3D jigsaw kit?

It is almost due for the major players to put forth models for Holiday shopping season
Sep 22, 2019, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303
You meant FW make the same model Aerotetris has already made as 3D jigsaw kit?

It is almost due for the major players to put forth models for Holiday shopping season
Actually it was a hint that the Aerotetris build discussion is neither FW nor poll-related
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter
Sep 22, 2019, 07:12 AM
I would like to see Freewing produce some of the cool stuff like Aerotetris , and do it Freewing style. We will see?

Richard
Sep 22, 2019, 07:35 AM
If people like what Aerotetris offered, FW would haven known
Sep 23, 2019, 07:46 PM
Just have my thoughts on what I would like to see Freewing do, right or wrong. Plus, I doubt the makers of Freewing products know everything there is to know about what everyone in this hobby likes! By the way, the only reason I brought up Aerotetris is because a fellow edf enthusiast likes an model aircraft they make, that Freewing obviously does not; the Saab Gripen! So I beg pardon for offering this as possibility.

Richard
Last edited by MorganLR; Sep 23, 2019 at 09:01 PM.
Sep 23, 2019, 11:00 PM
I thought Motion was the "window" to the Freewing deign team... Things seem to be quiet there..Only new Helis and balsa/ply planes lately Nothing new from Freewing.??
Sep 24, 2019, 08:02 AM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier
I thought Motion was the "window" to the Freewing deign team... Things seem to be quiet there..Only new Helis and balsa/ply planes lately Nothing new from Freewing.??
Motion is a pretty small company compared to companies like HH and HK. So, I am sure it has taken a bit of their resources launching the balsa lineup as well as all the supporting components for that BH line. The F18 and F35 are still pretty new as well. I'm sure we'll see some new FW and FL products before too long.
Sep 24, 2019, 11:44 AM
Mach One
BH line?
Latest blog entry: ESC and BEC Steup
Sep 24, 2019, 11:46 AM
Fly as high as the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo
BH line?
Black Horse line

Quick Reply