May 04, 2016, 05:24 AM
pete05
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro
Hard to beat my good old Starmax, "F-16", so far one of the finest out of china, and the best investment in my fleet, 5 years on, 300+ flights and still zooming along like a new model, of course with few little improvements. Mate of mine got one ahead of me still haven't touch his stuffed in the box, wouldn't mind to put my hands on it. Where are those good old days? $274- Aus. all up inc. motor, ESC and the bits. Greedy idiots want these days close to thousand bucks for a foamies, no wonder they all go bust!
Yep I recently looked at the freewing f15 and it was going to cost me just over $600 delivered for the air frame with servos and retracts.
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2016, 06:06 AM
Epoxy flyer extraordinaire
Whatever they have in the pipeline I wish they'd just announce it already.

I have finite hobby funds, as do most I suspect, and have to prioritise my spending. Although the Mig21 is a great looking model and there are several.of Freewing's existing models that I also like, there are several others currently unavailable that I would prefer to wait for.

If I knew what's coming up in the next couple of months I'd be able make a choice of which one to buy or wait for for this flying season. Freewing would be getting my money anyway.

As it stands I just have to wait for the other two models to be announced before making a decision. And it's killing me...
May 04, 2016, 06:50 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundBound1
Whatever they have in the pipeline I wish they'd just announce it already.

I have finite hobby funds, as do most I suspect, and have to prioritise my spending. Although the Mig21 is a great looking model and there are several.of Freewing's existing models that I also like, there are several others currently unavailable that I would prefer to wait for.

If I knew what's coming up in the next couple of months I'd be able make a choice of which one to buy or wait for for this flying season. Freewing would be getting my money anyway.

As it stands I just have to wait for the other two models to be announced before making a decision. And it's killing me...
Most of us are in the same boat as you. I have a finite hobby budget as well and will just have to wait to see what MotionRC announces. There's not really anything else out there right now that I *must* have - so I'm happy to wait. Well, not happy... but you know what I mean.
May 04, 2016, 07:19 AM
Augermeister
GB1,
With you. Hankering for the Mig-21 but if suddenly they announced an A4 or twin 80 warthog or a even a refined Phantom, my priorities would change.

I guess that's part of the Marketing strategy. Don't flood the market with a bunch of new models all at the same time. Some will get lost in the process. Groom the audience one at a time. Keep the attention focused. I get that.

Hawk
May 04, 2016, 11:42 AM
Motion NEEDS to get some friggin parts in stock for the planes they already have...

They really dropped the ball hard this season as far as prepping for part inventory needs. It's been like two months already and they're still dry on a lot of important things.
May 04, 2016, 03:46 PM
Dont forget the velcro straps
yeah, they were short on some t45 parts I needed
May 06, 2016, 09:18 AM
I could definitely get behind a 90mm F-105, or A-4!! Two of my favorite aircraft along with the F-104 Thundercheif and F-4 Phantom. A good 80-90mm Phantom would be an immediate buy for me too.
May 06, 2016, 09:33 AM
Would really like a twin f-22 done right freewing style, like their f-14. A superb f-35 is in order as well. The foamy production has made leaps recently and now it's time to do these planes justice!
May 06, 2016, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifann
Would really like a twin f-22 done right freewing style, like their f-14. A superb f-35 is in order as well. The foamy production has made leaps recently and now it's time to do these planes justice!
Meh, twins are always such dogs though. Plus, the extra weight of a huge pack or dual packs makes it even harder to get them going...

Singles are much easier to mod and make better EDFs
Last edited by Alpha10; May 06, 2016 at 06:09 PM.
May 06, 2016, 03:36 PM
EDF Balance GURU and RC addict
the new 10+ blade fans are going to change everything! They are able to move the air that the previous 6 blade fans could not. A twin 80mm with a 12 blade set up has been proven to work well in the F-14! I would be all over a Mig-29, Su-27 or something else in that range!! I am itching for a 80mm A-4 though...
May 07, 2016, 11:28 PM
The f14 is far from a dig, and has all the extra weight of tge wing mechanism...which is not light. They work well...if anything, most of the singles with split exhaust perform worse imo
May 07, 2016, 11:29 PM
Not that singles dont work...but this wouldnt be some 6 blade fans, out of balance on cheap/crappy outrunners. The fw 80s are killer little fans. I love them....sure, you get a little more weight, but thats about it. Far less ducting losses with twins vs 1 larger single
May 08, 2016, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha10
Motion NEEDS to get some friggin parts in stock for the planes they already have...

They really dropped the ball hard this season as far as prepping for part inventory needs. It's been like two months already and they're still dry on a lot of important things.

I hope this doesn't become a trend. It's one thing about the Chinese foam models particularly distributed by banana hobby and nitro planes that really pissed me off. You buy them but in order to keep flying them you needed to buy the whole kit if a part was damaged. With the prices charged for just a vertical stab as an example it can't be that they don't make money. I realized stocking the inventory is difficult but keep up with the better selling planes at least. There are a lot of T-45's, F-16's, and f-14's currently flying as are others I'm sure. I still buy FMS Corsair parts with some regularity.
May 08, 2016, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YLFlyer
I hope this doesn't become a trend. It's one thing about the Chinese foam models particularly distributed by banana hobby and nitro planes that really pissed me off. You buy them but in order to keep flying them you needed to buy the whole kit if a part was damaged. With the prices charged for just a vertical stab as an example it can't be that they don't make money. I realized stocking the inventory is difficult but keep up with the better selling planes at least. There are a lot of T-45's, F-16's, and f-14's currently flying as are others I'm sure. I still buy FMS Corsair parts with some regularity.
Yup... Servos, Mirage parts, F-86 parts... You name it. They've been out for way too long.
May 08, 2016, 03:10 PM
I just want to go fly!
Maybe it's just me but I would really like to see the stinger 90 with a better paint job and canopy design. I know park flyer plastics make a full canopy but wish it came that way. Let's see a more serious realistic paint job and not this busy crazy 80 s era circus stuff. Please?? Maybe?? IMHO of coarse. Walt

Quick Reply