Jan 11, 2016, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK1G4V
Interesting plans for a waterproof case..

I noticed some vent holes in the side of Runcam2 hinting It might run warm.. Would a waterproof case not effect cooling?
There are a few aftermarket mobius cases that have built in heat sinks so its possible to handle the thermal issues of the RC2 in a similar way. I would note that the mobius already exposed heat sinks which made it much simpler. I hope they figure something out thats supported.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2016, 02:36 PM

25/50fps

sin that has not 25/50fps ... I can not take this camera because it does not fit with artificial 50hz light ...

Jan 11, 2016, 03:26 PM
Uhm.. you can set the light frequency in the android app. It's called power supply frequency.
Jan 11, 2016, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon
Did you try letting it charge for some time? If the battery is far too low, it may refuse to turn on. Alternatively, take the battery out and try turning it on with only an USB power supply.
thanks for reply Arakon, i let it charge for a few hours until the orange light went out and while charging i cant turn it on with or with out battery, and tryed 2 memory cards too did put new firmware on one, but doesnt turn on to update
Jan 11, 2016, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Uhm.. you can set the light frequency in the android app. It's called power supply frequency.
ok,

but I ask myself ...is this function (light frequency) a palliative or works well ?

the camera takes 60 frames per second... how it can synchronize 50 with 60 ?

Jan 11, 2016, 08:18 PM
Sent by Touch Typing
Normally light frequency is set to synchronise with the frequency of the power supply of the country in which you live, so that they don't cause any flicker on the video, I have not tried it indoors as yet so cannot comment further.

Another hot day, another early start, sadly it was quite windless, so I ended up abandoning flying for the morning due to the curse of sweaty eyeballs, still a better run for the camera today without the cirrus cloud that was around the other day.

RunCam 2 @ St Kilda (5 min 30 sec)
Last edited by Heppy Ket; Jan 11, 2016 at 09:22 PM.
Jan 11, 2016, 09:35 PM
Born for RC Fanatics
Thread OP
Quote:
https://youtu.be/KVSpjEp0TRE
Center Metering on, Digital IS on. Exposure setting was at 0, white balance on auto. As you can see, it strongly overexposed and the sun is sometimes drowning out half the image.
Very last clip wasn't filmed on the runcam, just as a note.
Thanks a lot : )
Jan 11, 2016, 09:51 PM
Born for RC Fanatics
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_mcfly
thanks for reply Arakon, i let it charge for a few hours until the orange light went out and while charging i cant turn it on with or with out battery, and tryed 2 memory cards too did put new firmware on one, but doesnt turn on to update
If you fail to update firmware and can not turn on the RunCam 2 any more, no panic.

1.Please install the Teamviewer https://www.teamviewer.com/, inform us your user ID and password, and fix a time for live help.
2. Remove the battery, long press the WiFi button, connect to a Windows 7 32bit/ Windows XP 32bit PC with a USB cable.
3. We will do the rest.
Jan 11, 2016, 10:09 PM
Born for RC Fanatics
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by autograder
I uninstalled and re-installed the app - no luck. I can connect to the Runcam WiFi but then the app never connects. This is with a Nexus 5.

I also updated to the latest firmware, still no luck
Are you using the right APP? RunCam HD and RunCam 2 use the different APP.
Jan 11, 2016, 10:19 PM
Born for RC Fanatics
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mct75
Can the wifi be used as a client/station or is it limited to being an access point only? Can you download videos over the wifi? If it's AP mode only, is there a web browser/Windows interface? I want to keep one in my car and have the videos backed up over my wifi overnight.
There is no web browser/Windows interface.
You want to use RunCam 2 as dashcam then get the video via WiFi? Sorry, can not to be done.
Jan 12, 2016, 03:09 AM
Born for RC Fanatics
Thread OP
New Features of RUNCAM2 V1.3 Firmware:
1. Optimize sound recording
2. Fix the bug of invalid G-sensor after rebooting the camera
3. Reset to factory settings: in standby mode, press the power button 3 times in quick succession
4. Loop recording is off by default
5. Add the function of firmware file automatic deletion (valid upon a second upgrading of 1.3 version firmware or above.)

http://www.runcam.com/download/
Jan 12, 2016, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_mcfly
Did you actually hold the power button long enough? You have to hold it for like 4 seconds to turn on.
Jan 12, 2016, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunCam
New Features of RUNCAM2 V1.3 Firmware:
1. Optimize sound recording
2. Fix the bug of invalid G-sensor after rebooting the camera
3. Reset to factory settings: in standby mode, press the power button 3 times in quick succession
4. Loop recording is off by default
5. Add the function of firmware file automatic deletion (valid upon a second upgrading of 1.3 version firmware or above.)

http://www.runcam.com/download/
Nice, I will test soon.
Jan 12, 2016, 04:21 AM
@Runcam:
Why is time lapse applied to both video and photo mode? It makes no sense to trigger a video every i.e. 3 seconds. It would be nice if it was at least seperate between photo and video mode, not applying to both. Also, burst shot gets disabled when time lapse is enabled. I'd prefer if it was possible to i.e. take a burst shot of 3 images every 3 seconds. And not having to go back into the app to turn it off for video if I want to record afterwards.

Quick Reply