Nov 15, 2020, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
I can turn on wifi in airplane mode, android. You have to, most airplane entertainment is over wifi these days.
I can access my DJI drones over WiFi on airplane mode but, not the RunCam2 😡
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2020, 12:03 AM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Not sure if anyones posted this but I designed a Lens Cap for the RC2, works great! Why RC doesn't supply a Lens Cap I'll never know
No Supports, and may require light sanding to get snug fit but not too much!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4652414
Nov 21, 2020, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
Not sure if anyones posted this but I designed a Lens Cap for the RC2, works great! Why RC doesn't supply a Lens Cap I'll never know
No Supports, and may require light sanding to get snug fit but not too much!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4652414
Iíll buy one 👍
Nov 24, 2020, 03:19 PM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Dan
Iíll buy one 👍
really?? LMK I can customize if like
Nov 24, 2020, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
really?? LMK I can customize if like
No customization required. How much shipped to 91387?

Dan
Nov 30, 2020, 06:45 AM

PWM remote control

PWM remote control can be obtained by recycling an old servo circuit :
- Remove the potentiometer and replace it by two 2,2KOhm resistors (for max resistor of potentiometer roughly 5KOhm)
- plug the +5V wire of the servo (the one that powered the small brushed motor) on the usb control pin (white wire of the runcam usb cable)
- plug the standard 3 servo wires (GND-5V-PWM) on a PWM out of the receiver
- Configure the channel to maintain 5V on the remote usb pin of the camera. Briefly switch to 0V to start/stop recording or take 1 photo (low 0V level during 100ms). To switch mode, generate 2 inverted pulses with period=100ms (5V>0V(100ms)>5V(100ms)>0V(100ms)>5V)
- I tested this method with firmware v1.2.1
- Generate 100ms inverted pulses is easy with opentx : "chrono" function with (V1=0,1ms,V2=0,1ms) activated on logical condition (for example SA High with 0,2ms duration for start/stop and SA Bottom with 0,4ms duration for switching mode)
Last edited by mric3412; Dec 05, 2020 at 02:06 PM.
Dec 22, 2020, 05:37 AM
I recently bought a runcam 2 4k camera.
Do you guys think that is expected to have this live fpv feed from the runcam 2 4k compared to an old fpv camera?
WDR leave a lot to be desire...
Dec 25, 2020, 10:41 PM

This is the manual? Really?

Hi all.

Opened up my RunCam 2 today, and this manual blows.

It lists what the LEDs under the buttons indicate, but then refers to a bunch of menu items and states that obviously aren't displayed anywhere because there's no screen or video output on the camera itself.

There's no way to connect to the camera because thus far the Wi-Fi button does nothing. I've pressed it and long-pressed it, and it never lights up. This is not addressed by the manual. Plugged into a Mac via USB, the RunCam isn't listed as an image source (in Apple's Image Capture, anyway). So it's unusable as a computer image source or Webcam.

Is this documentation supposed to be acceptable? What's the workaround to its incompleteness?

Thanks!
Dec 27, 2020, 05:07 AM
turbovich
Bin it . It really is a POS.
Dec 27, 2020, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokestack
Hi all.

Opened up my RunCam 2 today, and this manual blows.

It lists what the LEDs under the buttons indicate, but then refers to a bunch of menu items and states that obviously aren't displayed anywhere because there's no screen or video output on the camera itself.

There's no way to connect to the camera because thus far the Wi-Fi button does nothing. I've pressed it and long-pressed it, and it never lights up. This is not addressed by the manual. Plugged into a Mac via USB, the RunCam isn't listed as an image source (in Apple's Image Capture, anyway). So it's unusable as a computer image source or Webcam.

Is this documentation supposed to be acceptable? What's the workaround to its incompleteness?

Thanks!
Although the Android app is really really bad, and it demands the usual ccp spyware rubbish like accessing your location with the phone requiring access to the internet, once connected you can get through the setup stuff pretty easily before it crashes (which it does regularly). Just be aware the menu choices are pretty abstract and follow no real proper design layout, its all over the place, but you can get it functional with some perseverance.

There is a trick to getting the camera into wifi enabled mode. First fit a suitable card in the camera, turn camera on and wait until power button is solid blue. Then press the wifi button for 2 seconds until the power button goes green, then release and re press the wifi button once and the led in front of the wifi button will flash blue. It is then waiting for connection. In your phone, be sure the app is set to the Runcam2 option, location is on, internet is available and hit connect camera. It may take a few seconds but it will connect. Also, the wifi range is terrible, you need to stay well within 1 metre to keep solid connection.
Hope this helps.
Dec 28, 2020, 07:03 PM
Wow, that's pathetic. First of all, there's no card in it because I don't need to record. And the other requirements you mention are unacceptable. I appreciate you taking the time to type all that out though!

I already got an RMA and this junk is going back. I needed live POV from an RC truck. Recording would've been nice, but not required. Is there some similar product that doesn't suck?

Thanks for the info.
Dec 28, 2020, 08:11 PM
I agree, and you're not missing anything with the live output either. It (for some inexplicable reason) is severely cropped in size making it utterly useless, unless you want to watch a tiny underscanned image in your live feed.

Good luck with the refund...
Jan 05, 2021, 12:40 AM
RunCam2 4K Lens extension

RunCam2 4K Lens extension (1 min 55 sec)
May 31, 2021, 11:21 AM
Looking for some help on editing videos from the Runcam 2 4K.

Got this as an upgrade from a Polaroid Cube to film flights but I'm running into a problem when trying to load the videos into my editing program.
I get an error message saying either the video format is not supported or that the file is corrupt but it want say which.

Was curious what others were using to edit their videos and if there's any other special steps I need to take with the files before importing into the editing program?

Been using Vegas Studio now for a couple of years and this is the 1st time I've this issue.

I have noticed that the files are a lot bigger and that the format is MP4 but the manual says MOV. Maybe those are the same? Don't know.

Anyway. Any tips or thoughts would be appreciated and if this was already covered and answered my apologies for asking again. Lot of pages in this thread.

Thanks, Matt
May 31, 2021, 11:29 AM
See if you can play them with video lan (free)

Make sure you copy the files to your pc before playing.

Quick Reply