Mar 18, 2017, 07:21 PM
Manual says 5-17v.....
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2017, 07:42 PM
s'like freakin' NASA in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
Manual says 5-17v.....
Yep, which is why I tried it in the first place...
Mar 19, 2017, 04:53 AM
ESCs tend to cause voltage spikes when braking hard, which can very well exceed 17v.
Mar 19, 2017, 09:54 AM
Vids: YouTube.com/FyreSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon View Post
ESCs tend to cause voltage spikes when braking hard, which can very well exceed 17v.
Wow, I learned something today! Thanks for the tip.
Mar 19, 2017, 07:32 PM
Well my runcam2 killed a 32gb memory card. Was not recording and freezing up. Reformatted, reinstalled firmware, tried everything. Switched to a new card and all is good now. Not sure what happened.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Mar 19, 2017, 08:56 PM
And it's the Runcam's fault the card went bad...
Mar 20, 2017, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rups63 View Post
Bad Camera....Bad !!

Mar 20, 2017, 08:11 PM
Upstanding Member
Just ordered a RC2 with 32gb card off Amazon for $79. Hard decision RC2 or Mobius Mini, but Wifi and worries about the Mini overheating tipped the scales to the orange brick.

Been using an 808#16 Lens D cam on RC planes for over 5 years and a Mobius 1 wide angle as a hat-cam for over 2, but battery life on both are getting low (will replace batteries at some point) and the RC2's wifi ability seems really cool.
Here's a short video I took last weekend with the M1. Even with a cracked lens the M1 still takes very nice video IMO. Hopefully the RC2 will do as well or better.

With a little kid running around I haven't had as much time as I used to to fly, but soon he'll be old enough to join me
2017 3 18 Bruce bike ride Land Rover spotting (2 min 7 sec)

Youtube editor's "image stabilization" level 1 adds some minor, occasional distortion but overall results looks pretty good IMO.
Mar 21, 2017, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rups63 View Post
Yep. New card. All is good. Only issue I have had with the camera. It takes a beating. Would like to get a tpu protective cover/mount.
FPV: One year later (2 min 50 sec)
Mar 21, 2017, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrbojangles View Post
Yep. New card. All is good. Only issue I have had with the camera. It takes a beating. Would like to get a tpu protective cover/mount.
https://youtu.be/J_tZJtBRUf0
I guess my point was that if you feel your Runcam 2 is eating perfectly good SD cards, why are you putting more perfectly good SD cards in it?

I think the SD card that went bad wasn't the fault of the Runcam 2.
Mar 21, 2017, 11:56 PM
Yeah, there's a lot of fanboys in this thread that will try justify any of the flaws in the rc2... but I'd have to say it's pretty unlikely that it killed your SD card.
Mar 22, 2017, 05:47 AM
JefFPV
Ordered a new PCB for the rc2... Not going to run off flight battery as the manuals voltage specs are obviously incorrect. Just going to purchase a couple more batteries since it's just used to record video. Not an actual fpv camera.

Was looking forward to the rc3 but some reviews lately have me second guessing... Than again... What do you expect really for $99... Really I guess you can't go wrong. I just like the flat profile of the rc2 so much better.
Mar 22, 2017, 08:30 AM
Just tap off 3 cells from a 4S battery.....
Use the balance plug. (ebay for 4S balance connectors etc. They are cheap and useful to have.)
Mar 22, 2017, 08:54 AM
FPV really is fun.
Or put a small voltage regulator in to power the camera. I think they are under a buck.
Mar 22, 2017, 09:49 AM
s'like freakin' NASA in there.
5v Bec works well.