Nov 27, 2015, 02:23 AM
Looks like a better deal!
Better quality for less money. 70$ only.
http://www.surveilzone.com/Foxeer-Le...ee-Lens-g-1435

Since Runcam doesn't reveal chipset and sensor model I assume that Foxeer has a better ones. Foxeer can be also tweaked with the scripts like Xiaomi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon97239
Thanks for the answers. I've been flying RC for a few years, but the aerial video bug is brand new to me. Much to learn.

So for my purposes (taking panoramic footage from a small quad), the Runcam 2 would just be a better quality camera than my present 808 #16 (B lens) - and less weight/bulk than the higher quality GoPro (which is too much for the little 200QX).

Sound about right?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2015, 03:00 AM
Sent by Touch Typing
An FPV flight at last, the video is a mash up to show you a comparison with the Mobius, so as we are apples to apples, it's rendered in 30fps. The Raw RunCam2 video is available for you to download at pCloud, mentioned in the video description.

RunCam 2 @ Noarlunga (8 min 23 sec)
Nov 27, 2015, 09:09 AM
The Sum of all Evils
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunCam
NO, the price will stay at 99USD.
For all those who have purchased RunCam 2 http://www.runcam.com/runcam2/ during our pre-sale period(from 25 November to 7 December 2015), please take notice of your ORDER NUMBER.
If it ends with 0, you will get a 10 USD coupon for all products in our shop http://shop.runcam.com/
If it ends with 99, you can be refunded for one RunCam 2.
If you are the lucky guy, please share it in our group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1644052049143610/
bah, my order number ended with 89
Nov 27, 2015, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashie
bah, my order number ended with 89
Unfortunatly my ends in 22.
Nov 27, 2015, 11:04 AM
Side by side comparison of Heppy Ket shots:

fast moving shot:

slow moving shot:

Last edited by ortego; Nov 27, 2015 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Fix missing image
Nov 27, 2015, 11:17 AM
Team Drone Art
slow moving shot:
Nov 28, 2015, 02:39 AM
Fly it like you stole it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortego
Do the RunCam 2 reviewers (the people who got RunCams 2 to test) agree on the following:

We need advanced video controls (like saturation, filter/cooler/warmer like in the original RunCamHD) which we can change from the app.
More than just .mov files as outputs (ex. .h264)
Microphone (if intentional add an option to remove the filter)

Rest seems OK to me
Yep I'd like to see more controls so I can tweak it to how I like it/conditions.
Nov 28, 2015, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZa_AU
Yep I'd like to see more controls so I can tweak it to how I like it/conditions.
Yes that would be great because image seems to be oversharpened and if I could dial it back just a little it would be great.

I think those will be added .. the product isn't officially out yet so who knows what firmware will it have and maybe some updates on the way.
Nov 28, 2015, 10:22 AM
Team Crash
Has anyone seen a head to head comparison between the RunCam 2 and the Foxeer Legend? I'm undecided as to which to buy, but I would hope the RunCam 2 out performs as I really like my RunCam HD.
Nov 28, 2015, 10:34 AM
Can you fly bobby?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook62
Has anyone seen a head to head comparison between the RunCam 2 and the Foxeer Legend? I'm undecided as to which to buy, but I would hope the RunCam 2 out performs as I really like my RunCam HD.
Runcam HD2 compared with Foxeer Legend 1 (sample video) (6 min 41 sec)
Nov 28, 2015, 10:59 AM
Team Crash
Thank you. I saw that one and it definitely looks like the RunCam 2 comes out ahead, I was just wondering if there were any others. Curious to see in fast flight if there is smearing and what the two look like flying closer to the ground and in and out of light and dark.
Nov 28, 2015, 03:11 PM
so would anyone consider flying with the live out to goggles with this thing on a 250? im no charpu so flat out flying isnt a possibility. just wondering if the latency is to the point that i wouldnt notice?
(just rebuilding my quad so moving things around, wondering if i can not use my fatshark cmos camera)
Nov 28, 2015, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook62
Thank you. I saw that one and it definitely looks like the RunCam 2 comes out ahead, I was just wondering if there were any others. Curious to see in fast flight if there is smearing and what the two look like flying closer to the ground and in and out of light and dark.
I'm still wondering if $99 for the RC2 or $53 for the RC1 ? I think for 1/2 the price, the RC1 is still a good option ? Any thoughts ?
Nov 28, 2015, 03:41 PM
Can you fly bobby?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeskin
so would anyone consider flying with the live out to goggles with this thing on a 250? im no charpu so flat out flying isnt a possibility. just wondering if the latency is to the point that i wouldnt notice?
(just rebuilding my quad so moving things around, wondering if i can not use my fatshark cmos camera)
I doubt if latency would be an issue at all with this unit ..It looks very good in that respect. But as for actual Image quality I am yet to see any live out footage..
Nov 28, 2015, 03:50 PM
Team Drone Art

All about RunCam 2

I fly a 350 size like Phantom. With the video out from my Yi action cam.

The image rendered looks better than from a HS1177 camera IMHO.

Others at the local FPV meets comment on how my video looks the best out of all the ones they have connected their goggle to.

The latency doesn't affect me when flying up higher.

The Runcam2 suppose to have even better latency. So I suspect it will be a non issue unless you're flying low and fast and trying to dodge trees or make it through gates.

Quick Reply