Nov 16, 2015, 01:17 PM
Modern MacGyver
Thread OP
Help!

1/8th nitro to 20 Volt drill rc?

Hello I'm new to all this I've been building this truck for about a month now I have everything mounted including the trigger, battery and motor from the drill on my rc(exceed rc madstorm was a nitro). The motor in the drill is brushed and I believe it's a standard size for 1/8th Scale. My question is will it be too powerful I've never seen a 20 volt powered RC I don't want to destroy my truck. will this brush motor have too much torque or will it be spot on. the spur gear on my truck I believe is a 62t I don't know much about gearing but I was planning on using a 13 tooth pinion I don't want ludicrous speed it's meant for off road and bashing what pinion gear should I go for is this going to be a waste of time you see I'm not rolling in dough so buying a ESC, motor and all that other stuff is out of the option the drill I have is a skill 20 volt with a lithium ion battery (I broke it trying to drill a hole through a four inch thick piece of steel) so instead of tossing it and buying another I decided to salvage it the battery and trigger is mounted where the nitro engine used to be the electric motor is where the gas tank used to be I'm using my throttle servo to push the trigger in and out I have a mini solar servo that I'm going to hook up 2 channel 3 so I could switch between forward and reverse I just need an outside input on what pinion I need and if this is going to hurt my dog bones or differentials
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2015, 03:07 PM
Duplicate thread of what you have already posted in the electric power cars forum.

Quick Reply