This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 16, 2015, 07:53 AM
Thread OP
Video

Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) - Yak/Pitts Prop with 3000KV Motor Flight

A second take on using my new Action Cam Head Mount for my iPhone 6, I decided to take out my Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus" out for a Test Flight. She had been recently upgraded from her Eflite 2500 KV Motor and GWS 5043 Prop to a new Eflite 3000 KV Motor and Eflite 5.75 x 2.5 Prop (same Powerplant combination of the Eflite UMX Pitts S-1S, hence the title of the video).

Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) - Yak/Pitts Prop 3000KV Flight (6 min 56 sec)

With this variation of her setup, the Icarus has ample thrust and speed, able to perform all of her previous aerobatic maneuvers, but also enhances her ability of slow flight, demonstrating the scale presence that is unmistakable of a Cub. Flying her this way was very enjoyable!

A few things to consider when using this setup - You will need to upgrade your wheels to "Bush/Tundra" size wheels (2" and up) to provide clearance for the longer Prop. With that being said, landings will also need to be a little on the smoother end, as prop strikes will happen more frequently if you come in at too steep of an angle.

Using the Action Cam Head Mount took some practice keeping the plane in view with the narrow field of the iPhone 6, but was much easier to predict after a few angle adjustments and practice sessions.

Target Aircraft: Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus"
Sacrificial Plane: Eflite UMX Carbon Cub SS

RC Groups Initial Build Write-Up: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2461097

CONVERSION PARTS

Motor: Eflite 3000KV (Pitts)
Module: UMX Carbon Cub SS
Lighting: UMX Carbon Cub SS LED
Prop: Eflite 5.75 x 2.5 (Yak/Pitts)
Adapter: UMX Carbon Cub SS (Long)
Landing Gear: Dubro 2"Custom Bush/Tundra Tires

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6
Lipo: Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C
Timer: 5 Minutes

Camera: iPhone 6 - 1080p at 60fps with Action Cam Head Mount Strap

Thanks for watching and please hit the Like Button if you enjoyed the video!
Last edited by Blaze0021; Jan 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply