Nov 15, 2015, 06:01 PM
Thread OP
Contest

South Bay Soaring Society November Thermal Contest

WHAT: South Bay Soaring Society November Thermal Contest

WHERE: Brigantino Field, Hollister, CA

WHEN: Nov 29 @ 9:00am

ROUNDS: 4

CLASSES: OPEN (expert (e), sportsman (s), fledgling (f))

RES (e,s,f)

2 Meter woodie

Electric Thermal Duration (ETD)

COST: $5.00 per class (correct change appreciated)

For LSF compatibility: All pilots will fly the same tasks (5, 9,12 and 14 min) in order. Pilots will be broken into two groups without regard for class. Each group will fly MoM style. We will use a fly one-time one mode of operation.

DIRECTIONS: Take 101 south past Gilroy to Hwy 156. Take 156 East toward Hollister. When 156 turns Northward, follow signs toward Hollister (right turn). Field is on the right about 1 mile further on
rdemattei is online now Send a private message to rdemattei Find More Posts by rdemattei Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2015, 12:05 PM
NorCal Electric Soaring (NES)
Weather-permitting I'm going to try and make this one. I really like the Hollister field...

Chris
Nov 18, 2015, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude
Weather-permitting I'm going to try and make this one. I really like the Hollister field...

Chris
Great, bring some SVSS friends with you. I plan to make this one too. A number of us not so regular attendees are talking about it. Weather permitting, it should be a good event.

As always, its Man on Man scoring with tightly sequenced launches.

Bob
Nov 30, 2015, 12:28 AM
Had a great time earlier today at the contest. Beautiful calm weather (if not a little chilly early), a fantastic turnout, and a darned good challenge too . Your Hollister field is a great place to fly, thanks for your hospitality.

Chris
Nov 30, 2015, 11:10 AM
Yes the light air was a real challenge. I wish we had conditions like this more often to practice. It makes us better.
Nov 30, 2015, 04:43 PM
Congrats Bob on your #1 finish and esp. your flying in the last round. You just can't fake 14 minutes. You and I were the only planes in the air, we both headed to the same quadrant off launch and we both struggled early, but you were able to ride an incredibly weak low level thermal back to launch height over the hills. Really impressive thermaling skills.

Quick Reply