GPS/MAG V2 for Vector! - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 29, 2016, 08:22 AM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
What is the minimum required separation between the GPS sensor and a 1258/1280 MHz video Tx? I'm installing a Vector on my TBS Discovery and am hoping that it will have enough distance. GPS will be on the back, and the vid Tx antenna will be up front, which equals about 9" of separation. Maybe 10"-11" if I re-drill a hole for the antenna mount. Video Tx is an ImmersionRC 200mW.
I can't locate the source, but I think you should be aiming for 18 inches minimum.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2016, 01:05 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Well that's a bummer.
Dec 29, 2016, 01:36 PM
because rust never sleeps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Well that's a bummer.
Well I have had another look, and although I am sure I have seen this written down somewhere on the web, I cannot find it. So if I were you I would treat it as unverified until you get some more input on your question.

This filter is supposed to help though if you do have problems
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Low-Pass-...1.3GHz-TX.html
Dec 29, 2016, 03:11 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
I have one of those actually and planned on using it. I can, if necessary, swap to 5.8 GHz for video. But I really was trying to build this for long range. So 1.3 GHz is the logical choice. But I'll have to see if the separation is enough for GPS lock or not.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Jul 13, 2017, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskyone
Hey guys,

Does anyone know what GPS chip the GPS/MAG V2 uses? We are conducting a high altitude project and want to make the switch from our old OSD system to the Eagle tree OSD system. Our projects typically fly up to 100,000ft so we need an unrestricted chip. Does anyone know the altitude limit of the Eagle Tree GPS?

Thank you!

I'm looking for the same information....or at least somebody who has gotten a different gps unit to work with the Vector (ET said only their GPS would work with the Vector)
Jul 19, 2017, 06:07 PM
Im running the RMRC 1.3Ghz 800mW on my mini Talon.
VTX on the nose and GPS at the rear, no problems so far.

Oh and my GPS is a v1.