This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 28, 2015, 03:16 PM
For you

Dont Forget some People have some very expensive equipement in the air wich is depending on the gps
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2015, 10:19 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerbeanNL
For you

Dont Forget some People have some very expensive equipement in the air wich is depending on the gps
If you are relying on GPS to keep your "expensive equipment" in the air, you are doing it very wrong

GPS is never 100%, if you are trusting it 100% on ANY flight controller, you can gaurantee tears.

The original vector GPS has the same performance as a Neo-6, which was the standard for many years on lots of hobby-grade FC. When a facelift model of the car you drive gets released and features a better parking sensor, do you complain to the manufacturer that your older model should get replaced?
Nov 29, 2015, 02:31 AM
I would like to see a side by side with the state of the art gps of the time the vector v1 gps came out. Although mine works better than some, it is very slow, and occasionally does strange stuff even with 11 sats, I think this is the issue many have with V1, and I would argue it is more of a defect than an older model issue. I think many would agree, keep in mind I was usually a bit more positive about V1, but never had full confidence in it because of the occasional weirdness. When a car has an issue that is potentially dangerous recalls do happen
Nov 29, 2015, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
If you are relying on GPS to keep your "expensive equipment" in the air, you are doing it very wrong

GPS is never 100%, if you are trusting it 100% on ANY flight controller, you can gaurantee tears.

The original vector GPS has the same performance as a Neo-6, which was the standard for many years on lots of hobby-grade FC. When a facelift model of the car you drive gets released and features a better parking sensor, do you complain to the manufacturer that your older model should get replaced?
On the first part i do agree, but then again, gps is used for RTH. If the v1 gps brings the aircraft back 95% at the time, and the v2 100% at the time. It is still worth the upgrade.

I have 3 vector osd's now, so with all discount EX shipping and customs 150 usd. I think that is a lot of money.

Please dont compare this hobby with cars. That is a totally different item.
Or do you have a forum chat with your car manufacturer too ?

Apparently the v1 is old(er) or/and doesnt work as well as the new version.
Just let people send in their v1 gps + small payment and give them a new v2. Happy customers = more money then people that sell all their gear because they dont beleive in it anymore.
Just my 2 cents.

@ Goojah: +1!

sorry for my bad english =)
Nov 29, 2015, 08:33 AM
I think a half price coupon for current owners is the golden ticket. ET would not be taking a bath, and there would be allot of videos up in a hurry touting how much better the Vector is than Naza now that the GPS is at M8n standard. IE all us faithful users will be your best marketing for the new crowd that will jump on board. You could even Just offer the coupon till Christmas or something like that to limit the exchanges to diehard's that follow your products progress... ie your core supporters.
Nov 29, 2015, 06:22 PM
Spot on.

I coulnt have write it myself, and yes i am serious
Nov 29, 2015, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=KillerbeanNL;33305753]Hi John,

Why would any body be happy with 8 sats when he knows hè can have 20.

I regularly get 10 on my V1 while In flight.
Nov 29, 2015, 11:54 PM
I get an average of 11, but it is not the sat count that is the issue, it is the quirkiness.
Nov 30, 2015, 09:07 AM
Hello,

Before reposting the below, I want to stress a couple of points;

- The amount of GPS/loiter issues reported to us in comparison to the amount of Vectors sold is very very (did I say very?) small. The V1 GPS works perfectly fine for most users. If there was a defect, this would not be the case.

- The vast majority of issues reported to us about loiter/GPS is corrected by addressing setup, install and RFI issues. (Moving it away from power wires, moving it away from RFI sources such as GoPros, performing a compass calibration etc)

- Yes, it is possible to have a bad GPS. We issue RMAs for bad GPSs. FYI, the majority of GPSs received from RMAs shows crash damage not initially reported.

So, if you are having GPS/loiter issues, ]we want to help! If you are having GPS/loiter issues, please open a support ticket!

1) When we designed the Vector, we used a GPS that we considered to be state of the art at that time. We compared the perf of the V1 GPS to some of the "leading brand" units out there under a variety of locations and conditions, and found ours to be the same as or better than those.

However, as we know, GPS perf varies due to location, time, terrain, and especially RFI. From what we've seen the vast majority of users have a good experience with the GPS V1, though if your own GPS is not working well, this doesn't mean much, I realize! Folks who post on support forums generally are posting because they have an issue, not because things are working perfectly.

2) Dual system GPS has recently become available/affordable, and certainly is a step forward in terms of performance, especially with poor signal conditions or RFI. We started prototyping/testing the GPS V2 in May of this year, with good results. As an aside, DJI announced a switch to dual mode in the Phantom 3 around the same time. We almost beat them to market.

After some worldwide beta testing, we began production, and received the first production run last month. We then transitioned to shipping the V2 as quickly as practical.

Regards, John
Jan 24, 2016, 03:50 AM
Sorry for bringing up this less active thread but how are people feeling about the V2 gps vs V1?
I cant seem to find much info or reviews on it anywhere and if its decent then it'll surely sway myself and others to go for the Vector as every other feature on it sounds freaking cool and it sounds very tunable but not overly complex like the open source FC's around.
Jan 31, 2016, 10:30 PM
Hi JohnET , I bought an eagle tree flight control from Hobbyking , can i open support ticket here?
Feb 01, 2016, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong david
Hi JohnET , I bought an eagle tree flight control from Hobbyking , can i open support ticket here?
Hello,

You must go to our website to open a support ticket;

http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com/

Regards, John
Feb 14, 2016, 03:05 PM
STEM+C

GPS altitude Limit

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what GPS chip the GPS/MAG V2 uses? We are conducting a high altitude project and want to make the switch from our old OSD system to the Eagle tree OSD system. Our projects typically fly up to 100,000ft so we need an unrestricted chip. Does anyone know the altitude limit of the Eagle Tree GPS?

Thank you!
Feb 15, 2016, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnET
Hello,

You must go to our website to open a support ticket;

http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com/

Regards, John
i have one coming on transit yet and since i saw ( REV 2 ) on the gps module picture thought that it was version 2 .

what would a support ticket offer JohnET ?
thanks

UPDATE : for got to say that the vector ordered came with the V2 GPS although it was not listed as such
Last edited by Nora; May 29, 2016 at 08:45 AM.
Feb 17, 2016, 01:46 PM

Loose pieces?

Hi John ET,

I just received my V2 GPS module today and i noticed that when shaken lightly it sounds like something is loose inside. I installed it anyway and it appears to work fine and got a record number of satellites even while indoors. I was just wondering if the rattling is normal...

Thanks, Calvin