GPS/MAG V2 for Vector! - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 13, 2015, 05:40 PM
New Product

GPS/MAG V2 for Vector!

All, we are pleased to announce the GPS/Magnetometer V2, for our popular Vector Flight Controller/OSD.

Features

The GPS V2 simultaneously receives and monitors both GPS and GLONASS satellites, in addition to other improvements, which can provide the following benefits:

* Improved position accuracy for more precise hovering and tracking
* Improved RFI rejection – especially with noisy video transmitters and cameras
* Faster fix time
* Up to 24 satellites in view

Availability

The GPS V2 is included with all Vector systems shipped from Eagle Tree since November 1, 2015.

The GPS V2 is also available for separate purchase (p/n VEC-GPS-V2) at the same pricing as the prior module.

Identification

The GPS V2 is identified by a label (shown below) on the BOTTOM of the GPS module.

This label is also placed on the side panel of V2 equipped Vector system retail packaging, for easy identification.

Compatibility

The GPS V2 is compatible with all Vector systems, after firmware update.

Vector software version 11.78 or higher is required for correct GPS V2 operation.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2015, 05:52 PM
A rebate for customers with the earlier version would be nice.
Nov 13, 2015, 06:16 PM
I just bought a new vector from Tower Hobbies a few days ago and it's the old one any way with new systems just bought will we be able to change them out?
Nov 15, 2015, 10:33 AM
Can you tell us something about the better accuracy ? There are some dual GPS receivers on the market with down to a few inches of accuracy.

thx

Jens
Nov 16, 2015, 11:18 PM
is it worth to upgrade ? i am a quad pilot
Nov 16, 2015, 11:31 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Stxshadow - the only thing that can achieve that accuracy with commercial gps is rtk gps, using two gps receivers one on the ground and one airborne that are talking to each other to achieve a position fix relative to the ground gps. Commercial gps is still +/- 10m for pretty much everything
Nov 16, 2015, 11:43 PM
Plus minus 10m is a bit high IMHO. MN8 keeps my 680 quad in a 6 foot box pretty easily (less than 2m). Usually less than 1m.
It is still new for me, but this is my experience so far.
Nov 16, 2015, 11:52 PM
Yup, but that's the fc making sense of it of it all though. 10m doesn't mean it's always 10m out, but it can be depending on bunch of stuff.
Nov 19, 2015, 10:17 AM
.... I got my Vector from HK at Oct... is it possible for me to replace it with V2?
Nov 19, 2015, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by init
.... I got my Vector from HK at Oct... is it possible for me to replace it with V2?
Just open up a support ticket they exchanged mine I believe it said if bought within 30 days.
Nov 26, 2015, 01:18 PM
But what happens if like me you own 3 ET Vectors, none of which have been purchased within the last 30 days, i would be more than happy to return my 3 gps modules if i could receive a decent rebate.... just seems a bit unfair to have to purchase 3 extra units for full price especially as i am such a loyal customer of ET products..... anyone from ET care to chime in????
Nov 26, 2015, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4wzy
But what happens if like me you own 3 ET Vectors, none of which have been purchased within the last 30 days, i would be more than happy to return my 3 gps modules if i could receive a decent rebate.... just seems a bit unfair to have to purchase 3 extra units for full price especially as i am such a loyal customer of ET products..... anyone from ET care to chime in????
ask them directly
Nov 27, 2015, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4wzy
1) When we designed the Vector, we used a GPS that we considered to be state of the art at that time. We compared the perf of the V1 GPS to some of the "leading brand" units out there under a variety of locations and conditions, and found ours to be the same as or better than those.

However, as we know, GPS perf varies due to location, time, terrain, and especially RFI. From what we've seen, the vast majority of users have a good experience with the GPS V1, though if your own GPS is not working well, this doesn't mean much, I realize! Folks who post on support forums generally are posting because they have an issue, not because things are working perfectly.

2) Dual system GPS has recently become available/affordable, and certainly is a step forward in terms of performance, especially with poor signal conditions or RFI. We started prototyping/testing the GPS V2 in May of this year, with good results. As an aside, DJI announced a switch to dual mode in the Phantom 3 around the same time. We almost beat them to market.

After some worldwide beta testing, we began production, and received the first production run last month. We then transitioned to shipping the V2 as quickly as practical.

So, are you having issues with your current GPSs? If so, please open a support ticket and we will help you get it sorted.

Regards, John
Nov 28, 2015, 09:01 AM
Hi John,

I am completely New to the eagle tree Brand. I do have much experience with all the otter big brands. Some provide excellent service and some provide no service at all.

The last years I have noticed that the most succesfull companys are:
Very cheap with the items, or:
Provide exellent service.

Imho it would be a good service if eagle tree Let People send in their old gps sensors and give 75% discount on the New.

Why would any body be happy with 8 sats when he knows hè can have 20.

Sent from smartphone
Nov 28, 2015, 02:49 PM
Because 8 sats work fine....