Nov 13, 2015, 09:41 AM
Trader Rating: 215
Village Wizard
Thread OP
Discussion

Shipping after item is paid for

I've been doing this online buy and sell R/C stuff for 15+ years.

When I am selling I always get the item shipped the same day as payment or the next day at the latest.

Is it wrong for me to expect/assume that other sellers would do the same when I buy from them?

I ask because I am in a deal here now where it was a simple purchase and it is 5 days now that they have had my payment and still no shipping...because they say they 'have a lot of orders'.

I have requested a refund due to their lack of action.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2015, 10:00 AM
Trader Rating: 172
I wonder if it's the same guy I'm dealing with. Asked to let me know when he shipped and he said he would, but so far nothing. He was paid a week ago!!
Nov 13, 2015, 10:04 AM
Trader Rating: 160
Sometimes life happens. I try to ship the same day or the next at the latest. If I cannot communication is the answer. Most folks are understanding as long as they know what is going on.
Nov 13, 2015, 10:04 AM
Trader Rating: 169
Build a scale plane already!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Chernosky
I've been doing this online buy and sell R/C stuff for 15+ years.

When I am selling I always get the item shipped the same day as payment or the next day at the latest.

Is it wrong for me to expect/assume that other sellers would do the same when I buy from them?

I ask because I am in a deal here now where it was a simple purchase and it is 5 days now that they have had my payment and still no shipping...because they say they 'have a lot of orders'.

I have requested a refund due to their lack of action.
Well every situation is different, but in general,, Yes,,, never expect someone to have the same free time or ability to ship right away like you have.

Now when 5 days goes by,, that's much slower than one would expect, you're not totally out of line for asking for a refund,, but I might have given it a week depending on the situation..

good luck
Nov 13, 2015, 10:11 AM
Trader Rating: 194
i have been late shipping things but i usually try to get it out the next day. if i am late i do tell the buyer, but the next day shipping is the best way.

gives me time to get it ready to ship, get the box and so on communication is the best way to handle it

Mike
Nov 13, 2015, 10:29 AM
Trader Rating: 76
W4BYE, FAA 107 Certified
I'm habitually on time, it bothers me to be late. If I tell someone I'm shipping today or the next and I can't, I'm bothered buy that and will make a point to communicate it to the buyer. Unfortunately not everyone is like that. 5 days is plenty.
Nov 13, 2015, 10:50 AM
Trader Rating: 14
I guess judge based on their rating. Sometimes stuff gets in the way. For example for me I'm a highschool junior without a drivers license yet so sometimes it's really difficult for me to get to the PO before the weekend
Nov 13, 2015, 11:09 AM
Trader Rating: 76
W4BYE, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganj13
I guess judge based on their rating. Sometimes stuff gets in the way. For example for me I'm a highschool junior without a drivers license yet so sometimes it's really difficult for me to get to the PO before the weekend
That would be OK with me, if you told me that up front and if there was a problem to send me a PM stating that. Communication is the key most people understand we have lives outside of RCG
Nov 13, 2015, 11:16 AM
Trader Rating: 585
Suspended Account
I gave the refund and am sorry for being such a slow shipper. I have bad manners for not telling people it has been shipped. USPS has been slow and sometimes not happy when they lose my stuff. Like I said I'm sorry and doing my best to get things out .
Nov 13, 2015, 11:25 AM
Trader Rating: 108
Gene, maybe because you did the math for him he realized he wasn't making any $ off you on his Harbor Freight stuff so he decided not to ship?
My guess is his next ad. will be $25 for 25 shipped.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post33182957
Last edited by Brian VT; Nov 13, 2015 at 12:00 PM.
Nov 13, 2015, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldofDreamsFlyer
I gave the refund and am sorry for being such a slow shipper. I have bad manners for not telling people it has been shipped. USPS has been slow and sometimes not happy when they lose my stuff. Like I said I'm sorry and doing my best to get things out .
C'mon Mike, it's because you're drop shipping straight from Hobby King right? you can't send out tracking numbers until they ship right?? or are you tell us you have all that stuff you're selling in stock there in San Pedro?
Nov 13, 2015, 11:29 AM
Suspended Account
Sorry
Last edited by Mikey 68; Nov 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM.
Nov 13, 2015, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldofDreamsFlyer
No I'm just to stupid and dumb to use my brain .
that's helpful,,, tnx
Nov 13, 2015, 11:33 AM
Trader Rating: 215
Village Wizard
Thread OP
The bottom line here is that if you choose to buy/sell simply communicate so everyone is on the same page...it's REAL easy to do that.
Nov 13, 2015, 11:34 AM
Suspended Account
Sorry

Quick Reply