still trying to get it right
Thanks, I will look forward to that
to remove ads between posts
Dec 22, 2015, 08:02 AM
Cumulus Altimus
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakhakker
Just put in an order for the kappa 20 with Hyperflight in the UK but at present on back order so have time to sort out a power train etc. I can't seem to find much info on this model re setups and flying qualities etc so any tips would be gratefully accepted.Why did I buy one?, Cant resist a beautiful bird!
Leomotion has it in stock.
Dec 22, 2015, 03:03 PM
still trying to get it right
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBEN
Leomotion has it in stock.
Sorry to say that they are out. Had a mail from Urs and he tells me that he stops to stock them so I am having a slight rethink at the moment and checking out possible alternatives.
Dec 22, 2015, 07:32 PM
Cumulus Altimus
Thread OP
Wow,
Dec 26, 2015, 10:12 PM
W0X0F
Has anyone found a suitable motor for the Kappa 20 besides the Turnigy 2826 10?
Dec 27, 2015, 11:33 AM
Not used the Turnigy 2826.
I have tried several Hacker A20 motors but did not have one to suit. Either too light and lacked power or too heavy and made balancing the model awkward.
I now use this one:
http://www.reisenauer.de/artikeldetails.php5?aid=1097

On 2s 1000 lipo and a 12 x 6
Dec 27, 2015, 02:10 PM
I use A20-20L in my Taser on a 3S 950 nanotech on my Taser. It's actually semi-hotlinerish and you get a couple minutes of motor run. If you used a 450mah I think it would be a pretty powerful but light setup good for ALES or 5J. I've tried 2S setups on both this model and my Blaster and although lighter, they feel really anemic.
Dec 27, 2015, 03:15 PM
Looking back at my notes, the A20-10L was one of the motors I tried.
I did not find it powerfull enough for the Kappa.
Although more or less the same wing span and area as the Taser, Kapper is about 10oz heavier.
And although Blaster is about 6 oz lighter than Kapper, it is 1.5mtr span which has an affect on the clime rate.
In calm conditions I found the best prop 3s was a 10 x 6 and this got my Kappa to about 190mtrs in 30sec. But if there was any sort of wind (there usually is in the UK) then probably only 150/160 mtrs was possible. Especially if you wanted to also get up wind of your launch point.
My motor got very hot on this prop, even hotter and less pull on a 11 x 6.
Dec 27, 2015, 04:05 PM
What's the auw? My taser goes vertical, pretty hard on RFM 10x8. About 220W, 520g auw.
Dec 27, 2015, 04:23 PM
Yes when I had one, my Taser was also about the same as yours, but I never found it useful to use 3s.
On 2s it weighed 485g
Kappa is 35% heavier, auw 650g .

ps. just re read my notes and changed the numbers here.
Last edited by Mitch-air; Dec 27, 2015 at 04:32 PM.
Dec 27, 2015, 11:28 PM
Hi Folks,

I have this Skorpion +MicroEdition combo.
I found this one is even better

http://www.reisenauer.de/artikeldetails.php5?aid=2068

Good enough for a 2.5 t0 3m light F5J around 1000g.

The range of combinations on props and batts is very wide too!

André

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch-air
Not used the Turnigy 2826.
I have tried several Hacker A20 motors but did not have one to suit. Either too light and lacked power or too heavy and made balancing the model awkward.
I now use this one:
http://www.reisenauer.de/artikeldetails.php5?aid=1097

On 2s 1000 lipo and a 12 x 6
Dec 28, 2015, 02:19 AM
W0X0F
Thanks for the recommendations. I've checked out the Reisenauer website and they want my bank acct # and bank routing # so they can extract funds from my account. I've never done business w/ Reisenauer before and know nothing of them and quite frankly have a problem w/ handing out bank account numbers.

What has been the experience of those of you that have dealt w/ them in the past?
Dec 28, 2015, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWALT
Thanks for the recommendations. I've checked out the Reisenauer website and they want my bank acct # and bank routing # so they can extract funds from my account. I've never done business w/ Reisenauer before and know nothing of them and quite frankly have a problem w/ handing out bank account numbers.

What has been the experience of those of you that have dealt w/ them in the past?
Reisenauer is one of the most respected and trusted companies in the business.
Dec 28, 2015, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo
Reisenauer is one of the most respected and trusted companies in the business.
That is certainly my experience of them.
It helps if you register your details on their website, but they do not take money direct from your account as far as I know.
Payment is usually via your normal bank transfer, but they will sometimes be able to accept Paypal. But you need to inquire as there may be difficulties in some markets.
Dec 28, 2015, 07:11 AM
I North America I order anything from the Reisenauer website through Ettienne at Icare. For me it's just easier. Shoot him an Email.

Quick Reply