Nov 23, 2015, 08:30 PM
Cumulus Altimus
Thread OP
Well kappa is in the house, boy leomotion was fast, they also sent me leomotion hat. Will open the box and take some photos in the morning.
Ben
to remove ads between posts
Nov 24, 2015, 09:45 AM
Cumulus Altimus
Thread OP
Few pics, like it, wing linkage are all done at factory. All are internal so there are no external Cleves or anything.very clean wing, also like the nose for the wires the motor will not be rubbing on it.
Ben
Last edited by FASTBEN; Nov 24, 2015 at 09:53 AM.
Nov 24, 2015, 10:07 AM
Cumulus Altimus
Thread OP
Pete will you please provide a picture of the tali pushrod exit and the rudder area ?
The
Ben
Nov 24, 2015, 03:53 PM
Your Kappa look nice Ben
I can only show an iphone pic of the tail end of my model.
I hope it shows what you need.
As you will see the fin and rudder have taken some damage which I have repaired. Almost all of it has been caused by my own clumsy handling at different times. It now lives in a strong cushioned bag to stop me inflicting even more damage to it
Nov 24, 2015, 05:14 PM
Cumulus Altimus
Thread OP
The Pete,
All my flaps and ail are internal and the linkage's are done. All I have to do is install the servos and I like that. Don't like the rudder part and wished it was molded to the boom, but have to live with it. Thank you For the photo yes that is what I needed to see.
Ben
Last edited by FASTBEN; Nov 24, 2015 at 05:20 PM.
Nov 25, 2015, 04:13 PM
Do you have a weight for the airframe and equipment you are installing?

Mark
Nov 25, 2015, 06:34 PM
Cumulus Altimus
Thread OP
Can get them and post.
Ben
Empty weight including wing linkage's is 383g, motor is 50.3g,rx.29g. Got to get the servos esc and harness prop spinner.
Last edited by FASTBEN; Nov 27, 2015 at 06:23 PM.
Nov 29, 2015, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBEN
Pete thanks for the heads up, will try and go with C/F pushrods. Just have to wait and get the plane in my hands.
Ben
PS: sorry for calling you Mitch.
What exact HK 2826 motor are you using ? I have experience with several types of Turnigy motors but can't find one that matches your specs on power, especially with a 2S batt. Also, is there any problems with wiring clearance ? Since the motor diameter is 28 mm I assume that the internal fuselage diameter is sufficient to allow an outrunner. I ask all this because I have been flying a Kappa 3.5 for over a year , and the fuselage diamater required me to use an inrunner with a gearbox because there was no way that the motor wires would fit between the motor and fuselage without rubbing. I'm interested in the 2m Kappa, if it flies as well as the 3.5
Nov 30, 2015, 07:17 AM
Cumulus Altimus
Thread OP
banjo, look at the pictures and you will see the hump on top of the fuze, that is done to keep all the wires inside.
As for the motor it is the 1400kv. This setup one the Slovak 400 class nationals. And it got sold on rcgroups .
Ben
http://f5jfun.com/web/e107_plugins/f...topic.php?2844

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ighlight=Kappa
Last edited by FASTBEN; Nov 30, 2015 at 07:26 AM.
Dec 11, 2015, 01:04 PM
a.k.a VintageFan
Received my Kappa 20 and am about to head into the build.

I weighed the components and they match the figures quoted on the manufacturers web site.

I did a preliminary placement of components and an estimated CG and it looks like I can build it out at about 620 grams which will give me a wing loading of about 21 gm/sq dm or 7 oz/sq ft.

I plan to build as light as possible and will build it like a DLG which means I will be gluing in the servos and using pull/spring actuation on the rudder and elevator.

Frank
Latest blog entry: Images
Dec 11, 2015, 02:55 PM
My experience was that you need to be careful with the pull/spring setup Frank.
I tried it on my model, but found the rudder was too fragile and flexible to allow a strong enough torsion spring. I think I used .75mm wire which did not distort the blade when held at neutral, but this was not strong enough to stop the blade blowing back in normal flight when I wanted left rudder.
I changed to .8mm carbon pushrod in ptf tube which is glued inside the tail boom.
Only a few grams weight gain and it works OK.
Dec 11, 2015, 11:25 PM
a.k.a VintageFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch-air
My experience was that you need to be careful with the pull/spring setup Frank.
I tried it on my model, but found the rudder was too fragile and flexible to allow a strong enough torsion spring. I think I used .75mm wire which did not distort the blade when held at neutral, but this was not strong enough to stop the blade blowing back in normal flight when I wanted left rudder.
I changed to .8mm carbon pushrod in ptf tube which is glued inside the tail boom.
Only a few grams weight gain and it works OK.
I hear what you say, but I'm going to give it a try, I've used .5mm wire for springs on some fairly delicate DLG tails. If it doesn't work I'll probably switch to wire in a sleeve with the weight penalty, not a big fan of carbon pushrods, they break to easily in my experience
Dec 18, 2015, 04:54 PM
Cumulus Altimus
Thread OP
Make sure you post some pic's when your done.
Ben
Dec 20, 2015, 04:57 PM
still trying to get it right
Just put in an order for the kappa 20 with Hyperflight in the UK but at present on back order so have time to sort out a power train etc. I can't seem to find much info on this model re setups and flying qualities etc so any tips would be gratefully accepted.Why did I buy one?, Cant resist a beautiful bird!
Dec 21, 2015, 12:09 AM
a.k.a VintageFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakhakker
Just put in an order for the kappa 20 with Hyperflight in the UK but at present on back order so have time to sort out a power train etc. I can't seem to find much info on this model re setups and flying qualities etc so any tips would be gratefully accepted.Why did I buy one?, Cant resist a beautiful bird!
I should have mine in the air in a week or two, I'll post details when I have flown it.

Quick Reply