Jul 30, 2019, 07:41 AM
Go fast, pull up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc517
And please help me with this. With my MZ-32 After making my First plane profile. I shut it off for the night. The next day I cam back to do the rest of the servo setting. I pressed the on button nothing holding it in nothing. Plug the USB into it nothing no glowing charge light. So I pulled the battery to check voltage it was fine. I plug the battery back in all came back to life. What's with that? Brand new never even bend flown yet!
This sounds like the system could have possibly locked up, which would be helpful to the developers if the problem was easily replicated? What firmware version are you running on the radio? I put in a new microSD card (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk...?skuId=6346822) which was a worthwhile upgrade over the stock one and that helped with the startup time but that wouldn’t help the issue you recently discovered.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2019, 08:08 AM
Go fast, pull up.
Part 2 mz-18 / mz-24 to mz-18 / mz-24 PRO - Firmware Upgrade Studio (7 min 49 sec)

This is a good video that shows how to download the software and update the radio. Same rules apply for the mz-32 as the mz-24. When you are ready to update the 33579 receiver, you click the + sign by the Link tab at the bottom left of the program and select the first option below Link. That’s the program required to update the 33577, 33578 and 33579 receivers. It’s a little different than the non gyro receivers but once you do it a few times, it becomes a simple process. You just need the two cables I mentioned previously.
Jul 31, 2019, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity101
https://youtu.be/XAOFXWUHJlk

This is a good video that shows how to download the software and update the radio. Same rules apply for the mz-32 as the mz-24. When you are ready to update the 33579 receiver, you click the + sign by the Link tab at the bottom left of the program and select the first option below Link. That’s the program required to update the 33577, 33578 and 33579 receivers. It’s a little different than the non gyro receivers but once you do it a few times, it becomes a simple process. You just need the two cables I mentioned previously.
I was able to update My Mz-32 but cant get anywhere with the Gr-18 reciever this is all I can get. I have watched at least 5 different videos. Hott device I get no ID and with slowflyer this is all I can get. And I'm using the cables and adapter that came with the 32
Jul 31, 2019, 10:21 PM
Try this video as a guideline..

Gyro Receiver Update (1 min 32 sec)
Aug 01, 2019, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
Try this video as a guideline..

https://youtu.be/0ByrBcCU49k
Thank you I will try that after work. I didnt know what Datei was. And didnt want to click on it and get myself into trouble.
Aug 01, 2019, 08:13 AM
Go fast, pull up.
That one took me a few tries as well.

You click “Datei” which is “Data” in English, select the file you want from the firmware you’ve hopefully already downloaded on Graupners website. Once that’s done, you Click start BEFORE you power up the gyro receiver. That is what caught me and took a few tries. The easiest way to do this is to have the usb cables all connect and ready to go. After you click start, you connect the receiver.

The normal receivers are powered up, you select the firmware after the receiver is identified and you proceed with the update.

So it’s a slightly different process for Gyro receivers.

Also, German “Fertig” means “Finished”
Last edited by Fidelity101; Aug 01, 2019 at 08:22 AM.
Aug 01, 2019, 12:28 PM
Quote:
That one took me a few tries as well.

You click “Datei” which is “Data” in English, select the file you want from the firmware you’ve hopefully already downloaded on Graupners website. Once that’s done, you Click start BEFORE you power up the gyro receiver. That is what caught me and took a few tries. The easiest way to do this is to have the usb cables all connect and ready to go. After you click start, you connect the receiver.

The normal receivers are powered up, you select the firmware after the receiver is identified and you proceed with the update.

So it’s a slightly different process for Gyro receivers.

Also, German “Fertig” means “Finished”
I think I did. I went to graupners web site. Picked the right GR-18 hit downloads pick the firmware download. But every time I tried to download it keeps kicking me to the software studio download that I already have!
Aug 01, 2019, 12:38 PM
Ok I went to web page clicked the Gr-18 Pro firmware and then clicked on the red firmware down load at top of page.
Aug 01, 2019, 01:58 PM
Go fast, pull up.
https://www.graupner.de/media/archiv...4-1270-jar.zip

I’m pretty sure this is it. It’s the complete firmware archive for a bunch of stuff. Unzip it to a local folder and then find the part number of the receiver you’re looking to update.
Aug 01, 2019, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc517
Ok I went to web page clicked the Gr-18 Pro firmware and then clicked on the red firmware down load at top of page.
Assuming that your receiver is a GR-18 PRO #33579 which has the Vario.
The most up-to-date airplane receiver firmware is V_204.
- Click on that V_204 which will download the ZIP file for you.
- Unpack the ZIP file which will include that firmware version for the 33579 receiver.
- Install that file as per video.
Last edited by yrag; Aug 01, 2019 at 08:18 PM.
Aug 04, 2019, 12:43 AM
Quote:
This sounds like the system could have possibly locked up, which would be helpful to the developers if the problem was easily replicated? What firmware version are you running on the radio? I put in a new microSD card (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk...?skuId=6346822) which was a worthwhile upgrade over the stock one and that helped with the startup time but that wouldn’t help the issue you recently discovered.
I had it do it to me again tonight. I used the push for 3 seconds to shut it off. A hour later I went to use it. And again nothing until i pulled the battery. Plug it back in. It says battery changed and works again. This is getting aggravating for a $1100 Transmitter that hasn't even seen the sun yet! And I did the latest firmware download 2 days ago Thursday night so it's not the firmware. It did it before and after updating. I'm worried it will never come back on one of these times. And I haven't even got to use it yet. Anyone else's have this problem
Aug 04, 2019, 08:53 AM
Deleted - posted in the wrong thread.
Aug 04, 2019, 09:02 AM
Go fast, pull up.
That hasn't happened to me but it sounds like a hard crash. Have you contacted openhobby.com yet?

I have had some random issues but nothing that caused the transmitter to not respond to the power switch.
1.) Turning on the model, twice it's taken about 30 seconds to load while just sitting at the start screen.
2.) Transmitter turned on and the welcome sound went crazy stuttering for about 10-12 seconds before finally loading.
3.) Device was powered on but screen would not respond while setting up a new model, requiring a power cycle.
All 3 of these things have happened AFTER replacing the microSD card with a brand new high speed 32GB memory card and checking the files for errors using a windows PC. So I would say the software is still a little buggy but nothing that's prevented me from flying.

Your hard crash makes me wonder if you have a hardware issue. If it were mine, I would replace the internal microSD card just to be sure. You go to bestbuy, buy a 16 or 32gb microSD card, remove the internal microsd card and copy all of the files from the old card to the new card. Once you do that, you can safely rule out the microSD card having anything to do with your issues. If it crashes again, I'd open a ticket with customer service and ask them to look at the transmitter.

Alternatively, you can go ahead and open a ticket now and have them look at it. If it's a bad microSD card, they can swap it for you. They should also be able to check to see if there are any internal issues with the transmitter. The problem with these random crashes however is that it's very difficult to diagnose.
Aug 04, 2019, 06:11 PM
Quote:
That hasn't happened to me but it sounds like a hard crash. Have you contacted openhobby.com yet?

I have had some random issues but nothing that caused the transmitter to not respond to the power switch.
1.) Turning on the model, twice it's taken about 30 seconds to load while just sitting at the start screen.
2.) Transmitter turned on and the welcome sound went crazy stuttering for about 10-12 seconds before finally loading.
3.) Device was powered on but screen would not respond while setting up a new model, requiring a power cycle.
All 3 of these things have happened AFTER replacing the microSD card with a brand new high speed 32GB memory card and checking the files for errors using a windows PC. So I would say the software is still a little buggy but nothing that's prevented me from flying.

Your hard crash makes me wonder if you have a hardware issue. If it were mine, I would replace the internal microSD card just to be sure. You go to bestbuy, buy a 16 or 32gb microSD card, remove the internal microsd card and copy all of the files from the old card to the new card. Once you do that, you can safely rule out the microSD card having anything to do with your issues. If it crashes again, I'd open a ticket with customer service and ask them to look at the transmitter.

Alternatively, you can go ahead and open a ticket now and have them look at it. If it's a bad microSD card, they can swap it for you. They should also be able to check to see if there are any internal issues with the transmitter. The problem with these random crashes however is that it's very difficult to diagnose.
I haven't ever had much luck with them answering the phone and I work 10 hours 6 days. I have tried to call on my breaks and lunch and they never answered always goes to mail and if a leave a number when they call I'll most likely I can't answer. But answering phone is there job right?
Aug 05, 2019, 10:00 AM
Go fast, pull up.
Scroll up to post 49 and send him a PM asking for help. He should be able to help with the no phone support issue.

Quick Reply