Feb 28, 2016, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgrcfreak
Yeah, i also set my min max throttle settings to 1000 - 2000 in both blheli suite and in cf/rf config. which is what i always did with betaflight and oneshot125 with no issues ever. didn't realize how much different multishot would be. really bummed about losing my new f3 board...
It's unlikely you've fried your FC. Did you try bigboyneverleft's suggestion of reflashing it (the FC, not the ESCs)?

You might need to plug it in with the bootloader pins shorted, you might need to restart Chrome or check your drivers. I'd suggest asking in the SPF3 thread here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2387038
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2016, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealkillers
It's unlikely you've fried your FC. Did you try bigboyneverleft's suggestion of reflashing it (the FC, not the ESCs)?

You might need to plug it in with the bootloader pins shorted, you might need to restart Chrome or check your drivers. I'd suggest asking in the SPF3 thread here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2387038
hahaha i was attempting that as you were posting this and it worked I just had to short the boot pins. i guess the fc was not fried. i felt alot of heat last night when i unplugged it. i just assumed it was after not getting it to contact the bootloader. i'm going back to blheli and oneshot125 for now probably.
Feb 28, 2016, 02:52 PM
Team Shendrones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders3k
May give it another go.. What min/max you use on lb with multi?

Also Boris said 2100hz default was a good refresh rate :-)

It did fly just the beeping was inconsistent.. And sometimes.. Turned it on, did its beeping.. I would put it on the floor to get ready to take of and would hear more beeping...so wasn't sure if ESC where booted correctly each time I powered on!

So gone back to normal BLHELI for the mo
Thanks! I use 1000, 1030 & 2000. Not sure how to fix that then, sorry.
Feb 28, 2016, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrium
Thanks! I use 1000, 1030 & 2000. Not sure how to fix that then, sorry.
I believe 1000-2000 is not working very well on multishot..

Needs to be 1000-1850 and Max throttle 1812 to stop dysync and other issues... Was posted yesterday I believe by RS2K until he releases a fix....
Feb 28, 2016, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS2K
There's a minor but annoying "throttle inversion" bug in the 14.4.01 public files. I recommend calibrating the ESCs from 1000 - 1850 in the configurator and then lowering max throttle to 1812. This will completely bypass the throttle inversion bug.

What happens is after 1815 or so the throttle will start to slowly reduce as you approach 1850 (assuming throttle is calibrated to 1850). The newest build I'm testing fixes this bug, but I haven't made it public yet since there are a few non related changes I'm testing that involved removing an important safety feature.
Yep posted yesterday...
Feb 28, 2016, 03:18 PM
Woohoo!
Thread OP
I'll try to get the new build out soon. I flew a 2100 kv 6S setup hard at 16KHz with no problems at all this morning.
Feb 28, 2016, 07:46 PM
can someone post a link for multi-shot firmware i have Ubad 30amp esc
Feb 28, 2016, 11:41 PM
Will rotorgeeks RG20a support multishot without any problems??
Feb 29, 2016, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris B
of course...should have meantioned that

lpf completaly disabled on mpu6050 used (lpf = 0 / 256hz). No software filtering as raw as possible you could get from mpu6050
Oh no! You still have the digital LPF enabled. DLPF_CFG 7 is undocumented on the MPU6000/6050 but disables the DLPF entirely. If you're doing 8khz sampling you should be using that setting and doing your own filtering. It makes a huge difference.
Feb 29, 2016, 02:27 AM
Quadaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschall
Oh no! You still have the digital LPF enabled. DLPF_CFG 7 is undocumented on the MPU6000/6050 but disables the DLPF entirely. If you're doing 8khz sampling you should be using that setting and doing your own filtering. It makes a huge difference.
Less delay, if yes how much?

Working in applications and validation of an IC design company, there is a lot of register settings undocumented for testing and debug. I wonder what other register settings could help us.
Feb 29, 2016, 03:06 AM
Quote:
yes there is NO_LPF_3600 indeed, but I personally have better experience on NO_LPF_256. There is no significant difference in delay at all. The difference between 42Hz to 256 is 4.9ms
The difference between 188 and 256 is 0.9ms. And thats already where you get 0.1ms delay.
DLPF_CFG 7 also needs more filtering ehat would again increase that delay
Feb 29, 2016, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris B
yes there is NO_LPF_3600 indeed, but I personally have better experience on NO_LPF_256. There is no significant difference in delay at all. The difference between 42Hz to 256 is 4.9ms
The difference between 188 and 256 is 0.9ms. And thats already where you get 0.1ms delay.
DLPF_CFG 7 also needs more filtering ehat would again increase that delay
Yes it would need more filtering, but you would have control over that filtering. I think it does make a significant difference, but my experience in this comes from brushless gimbal development which is more sensitive to lag.

Take a look at the MPU9250 register map. It would suggest that you can get nearly 1ms out of changing DLPF_CFG. Also take a look at the MPU3050 register map, it has bode diagrams for the different filter settings.
Feb 29, 2016, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosracing
can someone post a link for multi-shot firmware i have Ubad 30amp esc
according to ubad website they are flashed with XRotor40a. so i assume we flash with xrotor40a multi (for multirotor)
Mar 01, 2016, 09:41 AM
Multishot imperial march firmware(XROTOR_20A_MULTI_REV14_4.HEX) for xrotor 20A esc seems to have Main and Tail only. I tried to flash mine using the hex file that says "multi", but it showed "tail" in the Blheli Suite after flashing.
Last edited by jologs; Mar 01, 2016 at 09:47 AM.
Mar 01, 2016, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Yes it would need more filtering, but you would have control over that filtering. I think it does make a significant difference, but my experience in this comes from brushless gimbal development which is more sensitive to lag.

Take a look at the MPU9250 register map. It would suggest that you can get nearly 1ms out of changing DLPF_CFG. Also take a look at the MPU3050 register map, it has bode diagrams for the different filter settings.
I added it to the code and will do a comparisation

Quick Reply