This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 11, 2015, 04:51 PM
Thread OP
Video

Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus" - Snow Cub Float Flight

Best viewed in Fullscreen and HD! Let me begin by giving a proud salute to our Veterans today. Thank you for your service!

The first snowfall of November last night was a fast moving system that brought about 3-4 inches of fresh powder, providing ample snow for Sport Cubs, Carbon Cubs and any other snow planes to come out and play. This was the second time I’ve taken up my Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) “Icarus” in the air with the snow floats on (first time being in the Summer and tested on plush grass). Joining me today was my fellow Pilot and Friend, Mike, “Deuces Wild” F. doing a great job filming the flight.

Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus" - Snow Cub Float Flight (6 min 26 sec)

The weather was astoundingly calm today with a very minor breeze. This allowed a very smooth demonstration of the Icarus to perform her slow flight capabilities, even with the Eflite 180BL 2500KV Motor and GWS 5043 Combo. As I stated in the video, with the 2S Brushless Conversion she can be as gentle as you want her to be for a Sport Cub, or you can put on the throttle for some very un-scale Sport Cub Aerobatics. Landings with the snow floats were very simple.. the challenge was to feather the landing in for a "glassed" touchdown, as it’s been a while since I’ve flown the Icarus and I nearly forgot about her deceivingly smooth and long glide slope. It was definitely fun to let the Icarus stretch her wings out and do some snow puddle jump-style landings.

Target Aircraft: Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus"
Sacrificial Plane: Eflite UMX Carbon Cub SS

RC Groups Initial Build Write-Up: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2461097

CONVERSION PARTS

Motor: Eflite 2500KV
Module: UMX Carbon Cub SS
Lighting: UMX Carbon Cub SS LED
Prop: GWS 5043
Adapter: UMX Carbon Cub SS (Long)
Landing Gear: UMX Carbon Cub SS Floats

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6
Lipo: Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C
Timer: 6 Minutes

A big thanks to Mike “Deuces Wild” F. for getting this footage on my iPhone 6!

Thanks for watching and please hit the Like Button if you enjoyed the video!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply