Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

The 2015 Horizon Indoor - RCGroups Video Wrap Up

Another year is in the books for the Horizon Indoor. We saw plenty of action, plenty of midairs, and captured it all on video!

Splash

It's a Wrap!

The Horizon Indoor has officially concluded for 2015, and with it came some great moments on video. I set a personal record this year, logging over 200 video clips to edit down into one wrap-up video that captured the essence of indoor flying in the Four Seasons Golf Dome. There were plenty of beautiful balsa built up planes to be seen, a lot of scratch-built foam creations, tons of UMX micro aircraft, and a scattering of just about everything else that could be flown in the confines of this large inflated driving range.

A huge thanks goes out to Horizon Hobby and Terry Nitsch for having me there, allowing me to run around like a mad man with the video camera rolling, and get some flying done as well. I hope you enjoy the wrap up video and we'll see you in 2016!

Video

Photos

Not only did I blow through some SD cards in the video camera, but I managed to snap almost 200 pictures as well! CLICK HERE for Friday's photo flood!

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 11, 2015 at 08:18 PM..
Nov 11, 2015, 03:15 PM
MK
MK
Awesome video Matt! I felt like I was there! Looks like something that I will put on my list for next year. Looks damn fun and the weather gets too cold to fly outdoors at that time.
Nov 11, 2015, 04:30 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Nice video Matt.

some great shots and lots of work. You did great.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Looks like you only got hit once flying FPV I think and there were lots of planes in the air then.
Nov 11, 2015, 05:26 PM
road wart
Nice work!
Nov 11, 2015, 07:26 PM

Matt

Nice Video
A great time.
I have to apologize. I only just now remembered we talked at Joe Nall some. I'm Missie's (HH) husband
Nov 12, 2015, 03:48 AM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Great work, Matt!

I really enjoyed the cheerful interview with Orrin "Conehead." Lovely FPV bit, too (would have been nice to scale up). Much appreciated the time-lapse towards end, which I think gave best impression of just how many planes are in the air simultaneously.

Flying indoors has always been something fun to do, especially during long periods of inclement weather (e.g. winter). However, with efforts to place more restrictions on RC aero-modeling, I think that safe and harmless indoor flying is likely to see even more interest. Indoors, we are completely removed from the NAS and thus FAA restrictions. It's arguably the ultimate playground!
Nov 12, 2015, 05:54 AM
nice work!! as the pilot of the Red Mig "at least I missed the lake!"
Nov 12, 2015, 07:47 AM
Thanks Matt, for the work to produce this video, I especially enjoyed the "time lapse" portion but all of it was great. Really nice job!
Nov 12, 2015, 06:25 PM
Pile-it
Great vid! Any information on the little airliners at the end?
Nov 18, 2015, 08:27 AM
Any information about this seaplane? I want one!!
Nov 18, 2015, 08:31 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK
Any information about this seaplane? I want one!!
Flyzone Beaver!
Nov 18, 2015, 09:12 AM
Can't be can it? looks a lot smaller than the Flyzone's 1510mm wingspan..
Nov 18, 2015, 09:34 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK
Can't be can it? looks a lot smaller than the Flyzone's 1510mm wingspan..
That's the one

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...024/index.html
Nov 19, 2015, 08:42 PM
DLG addict.
Wow on that vid quality! Hyper crystal clear images. It is just like being there. Might need to make a trip next year.
Nov 19, 2015, 09:02 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
One of the airliners was Matt's from Horizon. He has built a number of different one's, I believe.

I don't know who built the other airliners.

They were neat. They flew during the Jet time in the Dome. Of course the Habu's and the F-16's seemed to rule the air. They zipped around like mad, along with a few Mig's.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred