This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 10, 2015, 05:43 PM
Thread OP
Video

Easysky / HH FW-190D (2S Brushless) - GoPro 1080p 60FPS “Medium” FOV Flight Test

Okay, as a snow storm is moving into Colorado tonight, I had to get my flights in...

This is the 3rd Flight Footage taken using the Medium FOV settings on my GoPro in the attempt to keep my target plane in view, using my latest 2S Brushless Conversion, the Easysky / Horizon Hobby FW-190D (Custom 2S Brushless) "Simone" and Test Footage for my Go Pro Hero 3+ Silver.

Easysky / HH FW-190D (2S Brushless) - GoPro 1080p 60FPS “Med” FOV Test (6 min 13 sec)

Camera: GoPro Hero 3+ Silver - Shot at 1080p 60fps w/ Medium FOV

These settings on my GoPro appear to be the most optimal for quality, clarity, and field of view as Simone appears to be visible throughout the range of the video. In addition, I have also restricted my airspace and aerobatics to a smaller area, thus maximizing the view of her flight.

The field conditions at the park have changed drastically from the calmness of yesterday, as winds today reached 10+ mph with 17mph gusts. However, this was no issue for Simone as she simply windsurfed the skies with ease as the AS3X worked to keep her in check. She is a very agile and aerobatic Warbird capable of performing some impressive maneuvers, even in tight quarters. Snappy Rolls, Long Loops, Inverted Flight, Power Climbs, Rolling Climbs, Immelmans, Split S, Hammerheads, Hovering Stalls, and even Knife Edges are all executed with authoritative ease. Landing her is also simple with the protective custom Drop Tank / Skid Plate Battery Cover that allows the underside to “slip” over grass.

RC Groups Initial Write-Up with Build Photos: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2534766

Target Plane: Easysky FW-190D (2S Brushless)
Sacrificial Plane: Eflite UMX Beast 3D

CONVERSION PARTS:

Motor: Eflite 180 Brushless 2500KV Motor
Motor Mount: UMX Beast 3D Motor Mount
Propeller: Eflite 5 x 2.75 Prop
Spinner: UMX Beast 3D Spinner
ESC/Receiver - UMX Beast 3D AS3X Receiver Board
Dual Servo Ailerons - UMX Beast 3D Servos

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6
Battery: Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C
Timer: 5 Minutes

Thanks for watching and please hit the Like Button and feel free to Share if you enjoyed the video!
Last edited by Blaze0021; Nov 10, 2015 at 05:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2015, 10:39 PM

GoPro 1080p with Med

Hey Derick. Great vid. Gotta say that camera setting is way better to actually see the plane. The other FOV setting you use on the other vids seems very far away. It is hard to see the plane.

Great flying and good job on the 2s upgrades man!

-Sean
Nov 11, 2015, 12:05 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanomatic View Post
Hey Derick. Great vid. Gotta say that camera setting is way better to actually see the plane. The other FOV setting you use on the other vids seems very far away. It is hard to see the plane.

Great flying and good job on the 2s upgrades man!

-Sean
Thank you sir, I do appreciate it!! It took some time but I think this setting is the best compromise for my GoPro as well as tighter maneuvering in a smaller airspace when I'm out by myself videoing my footage.

Quick Reply