Axial Racing Bomber RR10 1/10th Scale 4WD

Axials tradition of tough, ready-to-run rock racers grows with the 1/10 scale RR10.

Axial Racing Bomber RR10 1/10th Scale 4WD

An Addition to the Line of Successful 2.2 Rock Racers

Based off the full-scale Bomber from Randy Slawson's Bomber Fabrication, the Axial Racing 1/10th scale Bomber features an all-plastic tube chassis, a brushed 35T motor, licensed Walker Evans wheels and BFG KO2 Tires, and aluminum King shocks just to name a few. A lower CG and optimized suspension geometry help keep the Bomber's tires facing down, and there are optional mounts for running dual shocks front and rear.

The Axial Racing Bomber RR10 1/10th Scale 4WD will retail for $399.99 and is set to be released in late November 2015.

Specifications:

• Length: 22.4 (570mm)
  • Width: 11 (280mm)
  • Height: 9 (230mm)
  • Wheelbase: 14.75 (375mm)
  • Ground Clearance: 2.8 (72mm)
  • Weight: 6.25lbs (2.83kg)

Axial AX90048 RR10™ Bomber 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR (4 min 51 sec)

CLICK HERE for more info on the Axial Racing Bomber

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 10, 2015 at 09:58 AM..
Nov 10, 2015, 11:20 PM
I am pretty excited about the RR10. It looks like it's exactly what I want. I was set to build a Vaterra Twin Hammers. HH will have to lower the price on those.

I preordered mine tonight. With the Tower Super Saver Club discount, you can get it for $339.99. I also had a $10 gift certificate. I can see a brushless upgrade in the future.
Nov 12, 2015, 07:58 AM
Pre-ordering mine very soon.

My only wish is that they had made a centered rear axle for this and the yeti trophy truck.
Nov 12, 2015, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
Pre-ordering mine very soon.

My only wish is that they had made a centered rear axle for this and the yeti trophy truck.
Give it time. I'm sure somebody will.

I was thinking about holding out for a kit version of this RR10. I decided to get the RTR version and not wait for a kit version within hours of the official release. Im just hoping the late November date holds up.

After replacing a pair of cracked end joints on my SCX-10s Axial metal suspension links yesterday, I have decided that the typical plastic end joints Axial puts on their metal suspension links would not hold up on the RR10. They dont hold up terribly well on my much slower SCX-10. I assume those style links will be in an RR10 kit and Id probably end up replacing them with Vanquish metal suspension links anyway, so the RTR is looking like the better choice for me. As for the brushed system, it will probably end up in an SCX-10 kit down the road. You also get a radio system with the RTR. I'm curious what a kit will cost.
Nov 12, 2015, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592
SSD and Vanquish already offer centered axles. I just think Axial should have stepped up to the plate and offered it from the factory.
Nov 12, 2015, 12:07 PM
Shame they went away from the castle controller, and not a genuine Deans connector.
Nov 12, 2015, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacav8r
Shame they went away from the castle controller, and not a genuine Deans connector.
I'm glad they didn't use the Tamiya connector. That will save me from having to cut and solder. I have an Axial AE-5 esc in my SCX-10. I'm not thrilled with it. It isn't terrible or anything, but I am constantly having to retrim it.
Nov 12, 2015, 03:29 PM
love it except for how huge it is. Just a few inches shy of the yeti xl wheelbase. It's more like a 1/9 or 1/8 scale.
Last edited by specriv; Nov 12, 2015 at 04:16 PM.
Nov 15, 2015, 11:04 AM
This looks great, but I still don't know why Axial won't make a monster truck, I mean a REAL monster truck like Monster Jam. Doesn't have to be licensed, just do a tube frame chassis and use Wraith parts. What RC manufacturers call a monster truck is a joke.
Nov 15, 2015, 11:17 AM
Jaketheone46
I just want what made axial what they are. Another scaler. Only this time concentrate on the scale axles tranny and transfer case and all. The vattera ascender has them beat at least with the axles. Don't get me wrong these new releases are cool too but not for me is all. I love scale and just wish they would go all out on some axle housings and all the rest of the drivetrain with a really scale look. Their chassis rails are already perfect in my book.
Nov 15, 2015, 11:22 AM
Jaketheone46
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592

I was thinking about holding out for a kit version of this RR10. I decided to get the RTR version and not wait for a kit version within hours of the official release. Im just hoping the late November date holds up.

After replacing a pair of cracked end joints on my SCX-10s Axial metal suspension links yesterday, I have decided that the typical plastic end joints Axial puts on their metal suspension links would not hold up on the RR10. They dont hold up terribly well on my much slower SCX-10. I assume those style links will be in an RR10 kit and Id probably end up replacing them with Vanquish metal suspension links anyway, so the RTR is looking like the better choice for me. As for the brushed system, it will probably end up in an SCX-10 kit down the road. You also get a radio system with the RTR. I'm curious what a kit will cost.
Check out GCM for axial axle housings if ya want the real deal axles they are just awesome. They have housings for the scx10 that rock and id say they gotta have them in this ar60 width as well
Nov 15, 2015, 11:31 AM
Jaketheone46
Actually I was just looking at these pics and it looks like the drivetrain is different from what I'm used to seeing from axial with a tranny and seperate transfer case. On the scx10 it's like a tranny/ transfer case all in one. This is 2 pieces and more scale than their scx10 anyway. Also even the axles are more scale than the scx units. Kinda a step in the direction I want for the scx10 but not exact. What vehicle did they start putting this trans/trans case in??? I know the ar60 axles started with the wraith but did it also have this more scale trans and case setup. By more scale I'm meaning at least their seperate pieces. Kinda cool.
Nov 15, 2015, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketheone46
I just want what made axial what they are. Another scaler. Only this time concentrate on the scale axles tranny and transfer case and all. The vattera ascender has them beat at least with the axles. Don't get me wrong these new releases are cool too but not for me is all. I love scale and just wish they would go all out on some axle housings and all the rest of the drivetrain with a really scale look. Their chassis rails are already perfect in my book.
I want something similar. The Trailfinder II is really scale looking. Have you considered one of those? I'm thinking about building one of those next year.
Nov 20, 2015, 08:20 PM
It's getting closer to shipping!
http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2015...l-rr10-bomber/
Nov 25, 2015, 05:26 PM
I have a UPS tracking number from Tower Hobbies!

Quick Reply