Jan 24, 2016, 08:30 AM
Yes, you have to be very careful about these stores that claim to be able to sell an rc item at a ridiculously low price.

They are all fraud.

Gearbest is one such site.

Many of them are in places like Indonesia where the law can't touch them. Once you send them money, it's gone.

Only, ever send money to know places with good service that others have bought from before.

If you do find a site that you have never dealt with before, a quick google search with the name of the company and a "+ complaints" will bring up anything negative.

As many of us have been in the hobby for decades, even a quick check on the board with a post will tell you if anyone knows about the site.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2016, 10:41 AM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
http://www.danviews.com/gearbest-com...-gadget-store/ Read the comments further down the page. -Scared me away for sure.
Jan 24, 2016, 02:42 PM
r46
r46
huggin dat apex!
Placed order with gearbest no word for 2 weeks on order so 3rd week after placing order I had to mail them to get response from them stating supplier low on stock an can't fulfill order, requested a refund an was issued 3 days later.
First an last time use gear worst lol. Hobbywow, Bang good, Aliexpress been superb.
Feb 03, 2016, 07:24 PM
I'm looking at these bikes on gearbest thank god I didn't I ordered a 1/24 truck week in a half ago and nothing no response
Quote:
Originally Posted by r46
Placed order with gearbest no word for 2 weeks on order so 3rd week after placing order I had to mail them to get response from them stating supplier low on stock an can't fulfill order, requested a refund an was issued 3 days later.
First an last time use gear worst lol. Hobbywow, Bang good, Aliexpress been superb.
Feb 08, 2016, 04:51 PM
dammachines

Fyi...

Ok, I've only every placed one order with this place so don't risk your money on my account.

Following a link in the online deals forum here I placed an order with Gear Best for a couple of quadcopters and an extra transmitter. Total cost was about $120. I placed the order on 1/28/16 around midnight east coast US time. Got the "your order has shipped" email the next day - and the package just arrived today.

The packaging was terrible. They just stacked the three boxes together, taped them to one another and then wrapped it in packaging paper. The box for the $25 Tarantula quad was squashed pretty badly, but the contents look ok. The $80ish Alien X250 w/5.8 Ghz FPV was in a much nicer box and it also looks ok.

I haven't tested - or even charged anything yet but hopefully they'll work ok for what they are.

Dave
Feb 10, 2016, 03:01 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Another SR5 video out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...R_ttlxIfo#t=51
Feb 10, 2016, 04:53 PM
...o.k....even I'm going to say...that was an awesome video! i can't believe how much punishment that thing can take and keep on going.

We just need a nitro conversion now.

Sure glad i stashed away some SR plates.
Feb 10, 2016, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katana2665
...o.k....even I'm going to say...that was an awesome video! i can't believe how much punishment that thing can take and keep on going.

We just need a nitro conversion now.

Sure glad i stashed away some SR plates.
Admittedly awesome actually.
Feb 10, 2016, 05:45 PM
Wow, he was thrashing on that bike! By the end of the vid, it looked like the front end wasn't compressing any more, the tail saver was shot, he kept losing the rider's head, but none that mattered because you could really hear how much fun he was having with it. Great vid.
Feb 10, 2016, 07:17 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
It was like watching a WWE wrestling match...body slam, suplex, pile driver. Still hate how the frame under battery tray slopes down low towards rear wheel allowing the frame to case jumps and throw those nasty kickers. Poor rear shock setup didn't help.
Feb 14, 2016, 12:25 PM
I can't believe not one company can't make a good bike.come on traxxas stop screwing with the real bikes and make a rc bike
Feb 14, 2016, 01:05 PM
^ What he said....
Feb 27, 2016, 06:34 AM
Anyone order one from gearbest.com lately??
Feb 27, 2016, 08:13 AM
Don't ever order from that website...unless you want to p!ss your money away....

https://www.google.com/search?q=gear...utf-8&oe=utf-8
Feb 27, 2016, 02:33 PM
dammachines
I ordered two quad rotors and an extra transmitter in late January, they shipped the next day and I got them somewhere around a week later. (I posted the exact dates in another thread here - edit: ok, maybe this same thread a few messages back... )

The packaging sucked, but so far so good with what was inside. Total order was a little over $100. I know I may have just been one of the lucky ones though.

Dave
Last edited by dmincin; Feb 29, 2016 at 08:25 AM.

Quick Reply