Jan 15, 2016, 02:50 AM
Does anyone know where you can buy just the rider?I have been looking around but I can only find the whole rtr bike or the older sr4 rider.
Last edited by martin34; Jan 15, 2016 at 03:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2016, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin34
Does anyone know where you can buy just the rider?I have been looking around but I can only find the whole rtr bike or the older sr4 rider.
I seen it in Taobao, but all in Chinese.

Actually, you can contact www.skyrc.com directly. Thanks
Jan 15, 2016, 07:30 AM
my rider blew up on the first tumble . i'm going to put my mm450 rider on . it's 100
grams lighter than the stock rider. was wondering if the Anderson rider could be made to fit ?
Jan 15, 2016, 06:34 PM
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by geez
my rider blew up on the first tumble . i'm going to put my mm450 rider on . it's 100
grams lighter than the stock rider. was wondering if the Anderson rider could be made to fit ?
Yep the Anderson or MX400 rider can be attached , but they are both hollow Lexan construction - so they are probably the most prone to "blowing up " . Most vids I see of these rider 's are that they are "taped up " to make them stronger or from previous "blow ups" . They are the lightest weight of all the rider's so from a performance or speed perspective ( if we were racing them ) - they might be a good choice .
New 1/4 Scale MX400 R/C Electric ARTR Brushless Off Road Motorcycle High performance (3 min 6 sec)
Dirt bike crashes into tree (0 min 7 sec)
. The start of this vid is hilarious ( the slow mo part ) > the way the rider is flexing and moving around - looks real like a rider is on a bike that is too powerful for them to control ! - Like the 1/1 version in the 2nd vid . I've tested 3 rider's on my bikes - stock SR4 , HPI or Phantom and the X Rider or ARX copy . The bike handles the best with the X rider / ARX clone because this rider has his trade mark "petrol sniffing " low C.O .G position . When I put the Phantom rider on - the bike turns a lot faster but it can lead to more tankslappers and less stability exiting corners when hard on the gas , because of it's heavier weight and high C.O.G .
Last edited by King of the hill; Jan 18, 2016 at 03:39 AM.
Jan 15, 2016, 06:53 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Quote:
Originally Posted by geez
The head is certainly big enough.
Jan 16, 2016, 12:09 AM
1/4 scale???
Jan 16, 2016, 06:11 AM
the SR5 is smaller than the mm450 so i'm hoping the Anderson rider will look just about right.
Jan 17, 2016, 04:29 PM
The HPI rider would be your best bet! He is smaller than Ricky and Ricky is smaller than stunt steve from Proline.Hope this helps!. The mm450 rider is lighter than all of them,but he is bigger than Ricky!
Jan 17, 2016, 04:32 PM
thanks
Jan 17, 2016, 09:39 PM

Riders

Your welcome,another note all the riders mentioned above except Deegan can not handle a cold weather crash very well...even though the HPI version is the most durable of the three,excluding deegan.It would be nice if somebody made a mini deegan 1/5 scale.Then all the guys that run 1/5 scale dirtbikes would be set!.Very light and durable and easy to repair...
Jan 18, 2016, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by up on 1
Your welcome,another note all the riders mentioned above except Deegan can not handle a cold weather crash very well...even though the HPI version is the most durable of the three,excluding deegan.It would be nice if somebody made a mini deegan 1/5 scale.Then all the guys that run 1/5 scale dirtbikes would be set!.Very light and durable and easy to repair...
Also very easy to glue back together when my Dog catches him it's her favourite toy.
Jan 18, 2016, 12:46 PM
Lol, Deegan is my favorite rider too!. For me it's the best for testing any 1/4 scale electric dirt bike period .As for the nitro bikes,i would think the fuel and heat would be a factor...
Jan 22, 2016, 07:41 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Anyone heard of gearbest.com? They have the SR5 cheap.

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_309423.html
Jan 22, 2016, 08:28 PM
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
Anyone heard of gearbest.com? They have the SR5 cheap.

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-cars/pp_309423.html
Thanks for the heads up JMC , wow - I'm getting a couple of SR5's soon to mod , and was about to pay the full price , I save $260 on the two now !
Jan 23, 2016, 09:17 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
I'm reading a Lot of bad reviews about that site! See comments. http://www.danviews.com/gearbest-com...-gadget-store/

Quick Reply