Thread Tools
Nov 20, 2019, 02:43 PM
Registered User

large gear type


I think its 510 mm and type is 62T. Is this wright? I think i found metal replacement intended for wltoys truck.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/40001...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2019, 09:27 AM
Registered User
Adamskido76's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonsoser
I think its 510 mm and type is 62T. Is this wright? I think i found metal replacement intended for wltoys truck.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/40001...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Not sure if it is right or not buddy sorry. If you try it please let us know if it fits
Dec 09, 2019, 01:19 PM
Registered User

Connection polarity- gyro board to wheel


Hi everybody, I'm new here
I have bought one SR5 rear wheel assembly and the gyro board, and I don't have the whole bike as I only wanted the gyro for another RC project
My problem is that I need to connect the gyro board to the bushes of the wheel, but I can't figure out what is the correct polarity from the board to the wheel. One side has the sprocket and the other one has the brake disk. Which one should be supplied with VO+ and which one with VO- from the board?
I fear damaging it if I get it wrong! Thanks a lot! Also PM me in case
May 20, 2020, 07:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolodime
Hi everybody, I'm new here
I have bought one SR5 rear wheel assembly and the gyro board, and I don't have the whole bike as I only wanted the gyro for another RC project
My problem is that I need to connect the gyro board to the bushes of the wheel, but I can't figure out what is the correct polarity from the board to the wheel. One side has the sprocket and the other one has the brake disk. Which one should be supplied with VO+ and which one with VO- from the board?
I fear damaging it if I get it wrong! Thanks a lot! Also PM me in case
Did you damage it?
Jun 26, 2020, 05:45 PM
Noob
maxwolfie's Avatar
Is this bike the best choice for a cheaper dirt bike?
Jun 26, 2020, 08:32 PM
Registered User
It’s a pretty awesome bike of you can find one cheap. They were pretty inexpensive when they came out, but now they are pricey since they’re discontinued.
Jun 26, 2020, 08:47 PM
Hugo Flynow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missiletm
Itís a pretty awesome bike of you can find one cheap. They were pretty inexpensive when they came out, but now they are pricey since theyíre discontinued.
Wow you ain't kidding! I got mine off ebay when they were $350 shipped and back when ebay used to actually offer 15% site wide discounts.

My two biggest gripes with mine....sometimes the gyro comes on, and sometimes not...it's random and sometimes have to start a few times to get it to work.

Shocks are springs only with no shock damper so its a bouncy mess. I wouldn't say it's worth the $400 they are asking now. It was barely worth the $300 I paid with the discounts.

And being discontinued, parts support will dry up so don't break anything!

It's a cool bike though and I'll run mine from time to time, but best to spend the extra money on something more hobby grade....whatever that is.
Jun 26, 2020, 10:02 PM
Noob
maxwolfie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Wow you ain't kidding! I got mine off ebay when they were $350 shipped and back when ebay used to actually offer 15% site wide discounts.

My two biggest gripes with mine....sometimes the gyro comes on, and sometimes not...it's random and sometimes have to start a few times to get it to work.

Shocks are springs only with no shock damper so its a bouncy mess. I wouldn't say it's worth the $400 they are asking now. It was barely worth the $300 I paid with the discounts.

And being discontinued, parts support will dry up so don't break anything!

It's a cool bike though and I'll run mine from time to time, but best to spend the extra money on something more hobby grade....whatever that is.
I think Iíll give it a miss if itís been discontinued.

Are there any current model bikes that are similar in price/size etc?
Jun 27, 2020, 07:08 AM
Hugo Flynow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwolfie
I think Iíll give it a miss if itís been discontinued.

Are there any current model bikes that are similar in price/size etc?
Interesting question! In AUs. there's a hobby grade RC bike that's like $1,000, but sold out of course.

https://www.holeshothobbies.com.au/p...s-building-box

This page describes a few affordable bikes in the range of the SR5. But I doubt if they are in stock either.

https://www.rc-trucks.org/rc-dirt-bikes.htm

I don't know why the RC bike market is so slim...or why no new bikes are being produced. From looking around it seems the SR5 is the only game left in town and fading fast.

If you HAVE to have an Rc dirt bike, based on looking around, I'd say get the SR5 before it's completely gone ONLY if you can easily part with $500....That's a huge chunk of money. OR scout ebay for used bikes which is sketchy.....or wait for a new model to hit the market....which could be years...or never?!?

I had my eye on the new line of excavators from Motion RC...they should have had them in stock 4 months ago....still not in. As expected...things made in China have many issues with deadlines....I assume many factories shut down in this year so far.
Jun 27, 2020, 10:42 AM
Registered User
Asiatees has the X-Rider 1/4 scale bike and the price seems pretty good.

They are a legit company and I have purchased spares for my street bike from them.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?X-R...d=106620&pid=1

[Quick Review] X-Rider's BX4 1/4th Dirt & Drift Motorcycle (3 min 30 sec)
Last edited by Missiletm; Jun 27, 2020 at 10:47 AM.
Jun 27, 2020, 10:59 AM
Hugo Flynow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missiletm
Asiatees has the X-Rider 1/4 scale bike and the price seems pretty good.

They are a legit company and I have purchased spares for my street bike from them.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?X-R...d=106620&pid=1

https://youtu.be/aohsoVVxa9Q
WOW! Nice find!!! I didn't see that anywhere when I was doing a search!

You think when you search "RC dirt bike" you'd find everything that's out there.

It looks very similar to the SR5 and that is a great price!

Thanks!!!
Jun 27, 2020, 01:16 PM
Registered User
Get one and let us know how you like it. Been thinking about getting one myself.
Jun 27, 2020, 04:00 PM
Hugo Flynow's Avatar
lol..I still have my SR5 and about 15 other RC vehicles....I'm good.

I started a model RR that took up all my money and a lot of money I didn't have.

That said, it looks like a solid deal. Nice find!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools