Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 25, 2015, 11:39 PM
I did try 8000 rpm, still consume too much power. I just wondering whether the gyro is activated only when the throttle triggered, i.e. mixed the throttle with gyro?!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2015, 02:08 AM
The gyro should be running all the time. And once it gets spinning, it should be using very little power.
Nov 26, 2015, 05:50 AM
what kind and capacity of your battery? how long can the bike run for each battery?
Nov 27, 2015, 03:58 AM
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkltam
what kind and capacity of your battery? how long can the bike run for each battery?
It depends on what type of battery your running ( 2 cell or 3 cell ? ) and what type of conditions you run the bike in - bitumen / grass / dirt . The more smooth the conditions ( high grip ) - the longer the bike will run . I. E if your running on hard pack you'll get lots of wheel spin / high revs - so this run the battery out quicker . If your run it on bitumen - the bike will be rolling a lot more and you'll get longer run times . I get my longest run times with a 3 cell battery because I using much less throttle every wear . I can get up to 20 mins running on bitumen but around 15 mins on dirt / low grip conditions . 2 cell - 15 mins on bitumen and sometimes 10 - 12 mins on dirt if running as hard as I can . So basically more wheel spin = less run time . It's possible to have a dud battery . Are you using the stock battery ? I always find these battery's are low quality and never run as good or as fast / long as a new quality "after market " - "branded " battery's ! . The better quality battery you buy - the higher the " C " rating you can get = longer run times . The SR4 is about 3 years old now , your bike could have been sent with a " old stock " battery - they could have been in the factory for a long time . I've been told if lipo's sit around for a long time never be used or discharged then re- charged they develop "resistance " in their cell's - meaning they can never be fully charged and never fully discharge properly in future ! . If your getting really low run time 's , try buying a new quality battery - run the bike , and see what difference it makes . I've got some old / heavy usage quality battery's at home - they fully charge up - but they never run as good as when they were new . This is also due to when I was " newb " , I never knew that you should always keep lipo's at a proper storage V - I always used to fully discharge them and leaving them sitting around at a long time in this state = v bad for lipo's ! - this cause's the power robbing resistance in the cells . Also check also the rear wheel axle bolt is not done up too tight ! . This bolt doesn't need high tension at all , because there's already a lot of tension in the swing arm flex and axle holders to start with ! If it's too tight -it will cause resistance in the rear wheel and gyro spinning freely which will lower run times as well ! .
Last edited by King of the hill; Nov 27, 2015 at 04:07 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 05:52 AM
omex93
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 06:03 AM
omex93
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement.
Dec 08, 2015, 04:17 PM
Can we say SR5 is the same mechanic than SR4 ?

Difference is the rider , front fork , rear chock and new body plastic color ?
Dec 09, 2015, 12:07 AM
1) I don't have SR4. But it looks like the only differences are rider, rear & front shocks and plastic color.

2) Rear shock - I did not try big jumps. but I did try off-roads, it works well. the bike like floating on water. I am happy with it.

3) Front shock - it is not very smooth. I put some grease into the cylinder and smooth a bit, but still too hard. I will try to put soft springs and try, see whether the bike running like floating on water?!!

4) assume the electronics for SR4 and SR5 are the same, Leopard 3200KV brushless motor and 60A ESC V2. Can anyone tell me:
i) whether I can program the ESC by an Ezrun Program card?
ii) bind the stock 2.4G receiver by the Futaba 4PL 2.4G transmitter?

Thanks.
Dec 09, 2015, 01:19 AM
Quote:
1) I don't have SR4. But it looks like the only differences are rider, rear & front shocks and plastic color.

2) Rear shock - I did not try big jumps. but I did try off-roads, it works well. the bike like floating on water. I am happy with it.

3) Front shock - it is not very smooth. I put some grease into the cylinder and smooth a bit, but still too hard. I will try to put soft springs and try, see whether the bike running like floating on water?!!

4) assume the electronics for SR4 and SR5 are the same, Leopard 3200KV brushless motor and 60A ESC V2. Can anyone tell me:

Thanks.
You can program the ESC with a Toro program card - these should only cost you $15 U.S from Hong Kong . Don't think you can bind 2 different branded , radio and receiver ? , but a lot of us here use the FlySky radio because it is cheap / reliable ( 35 - 50 $ U.S ) and should have all the features and set up options of a base model Futaba .
Dec 09, 2015, 12:28 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Quote:
So just to confirm, internal of front fork is only a spring? No oil damper system?
Dec 09, 2015, 04:45 PM
Yes only a spring .
Dec 10, 2015, 05:35 AM
Quote:

Thanks.
If you want another fix for long term front fork SR4 reliability and better performance is to run ARX or X Rider forks . They will drop straight into the SR4 triples , but the fork length will be way to long - you have to cut & re tap the lower slider's . You cant raise the upper tubes through the triples because the ARX forks are tapered ( do not know if the X Rider are exact copy's ? ) . I've run the ARX forks lots but not the X Riders , the ARX are very smooth and strong for a non oil design / you can tune them a bit with custom springs or changing spring length or tension . You can also run " Phantom " forks on the SR4 - they will also drop straight in - but I haven't got around to testing these yet ( I do have a set ready to go )- ONCE YOU GO ATOMIKS , YOU DON'T GO BACK = MM450 forks , so I can't tell you how reliable or smooth they are ? " CHKTM "& "
Throttle Junkie" could tell you how these go , they've had a lot of experience with these I'm sure . I got a few brand new modded " ready to run " ARX forks kits for the SR4/5 I 'll be selling here/ e bay come the new year for interested SR4/ 5'ers .
Last edited by King of the hill; Dec 10, 2015 at 05:44 AM.
Dec 11, 2015, 12:33 AM
Where do you buy the front fork ARX ?

Did you use the front brake too ? is it good for using it .
Dec 14, 2015, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicoy
Where do you buy the front fork ARX ?

Did you use the front brake too ? is it good for using it .
I was lucky - I got 4 sets of forks for a great price $ from this guy : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390244935...84.m1436.l2649 on ebay . He still sells ARX parts , but I think I got the last of his forks . The X Rider is a copy of the ARX so you could use X Rider forks ! . Other wise the only other place to get them would be from the original ARX.com site I think ? . No, I haven't fitted front brakes - I spouse you 'd have to fit a ARX front wheel , so a brake disc could be fitted . Maybe one day - but with a better quality esc or program card , I get better rear braking now . I will definitely be fitting a brake kit on my SR4 road racer project , but that will come after all the dirt bike stuff is complete . Never fitted a brake kit before - so I'll have to learn all the in's and out's .
Jan 02, 2016, 03:15 PM
Does the SR5 go faster than SR4 with 3500kv engine.

Quick Reply