Nov 20, 2015, 05:51 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
SR4 owners - For the manual on the SR4 old version, what did the exploded view of the forks look like?
Here is the link to the SR5 manual for comparisons: http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route...ownload_id=148
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2015, 01:03 PM
the bike arrived, just a few rides seem ok. but how to attach pictures?
Nov 21, 2015, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkltam
the bike arrived, just a few rides seem ok. but how to attach pictures?
the stock did not fastern the pinion gear ,so the rear wheel did not run while the motor was running.

it comes with brushless motor, 2.4g remote control, 3000mAh NiMh battery, charger. for this price, I can't complain. a very heary bike, 3.5kg with battery!
Nov 22, 2015, 02:29 AM
For what i heard the front fork don't have oil system , could you confirm please ?

It have only springs ....the level go down on this upgrade !

I can't open their file , is it PDF ?
Last edited by Helicoy; Nov 22, 2015 at 02:37 AM.
Nov 23, 2015, 11:27 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicoy
For what i heard the front fork don't have oil system , could you confirm please ?

I ask about forks at top post page 2 because the explode view of front forks on SR5 do not show any internal parts except a spring.

Manual is a pdf. Just go to the skyrc website and for the bike are tabs for more info: specifications, manual, etc. I just copied the link from there.
Nov 23, 2015, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
I ask about forks at top post page 2 because the explode view of front forks on SR5 do not show any internal parts except a spring.

Manual is a pdf. Just go to the skyrc website and for the bike are tabs for more info: specifications, manual, etc. I just copied the link from there.
I have had both PDF's open side by side it looks to me like the SR5 drawing is incomplete.
Nov 23, 2015, 02:41 PM
I think the same ,the SR4 is the best but no need to buy the SR5 if we have the SR4 except upgrade by buying the Rider and front Fork !
When the spare parts are available for the SR5 rider and Front fork ?
Nov 23, 2015, 03:13 PM
Quote:
I think the same ,the SR4 is the best but no need to buy the SR5 if we have the SR4 except upgrade by buying the Rider and front Fork !
When the spare parts are available for the SR5 rider and Front fork ?
I don't have an SR4 but looking at the 5 when more is known this is one my two venom bikes but don't like running them to much now as spares have dried up. As you can see its been modified to keep the moisture out mostly rubber sealed bearings.
Atomik MM450 Venom VMX 450 on Flooded field (3 min 30 sec)
Nov 24, 2015, 01:48 AM
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
Quote:

Yep , they've taken the oil damping out , a definite performance downgrade but at least a reliability upgrade - it would be the same as the Phantom and ARX / X Rider design now . Very disappointing they didn't copy the MM450 design which would have been so easy to manufacture . Their R&D department must be a " Opium Den " ! . So the only new components would be the rider and gyro development . They also have put a stiffer spring in the rear shock to prevent the excessive sag that was in SR4 . All my " PFP " upgrade parts and chassis' will be available come Xmas & the new year for SR4 owners who have p.m. 'd me . Heaps more info / photo's on these when I'm fully ready to go .
Last edited by King of the hill; Nov 24, 2015 at 02:00 AM.
Nov 24, 2015, 08:59 AM
anyone know how to turn iff the gyro, which consume too much power? I just want to run it without the gyro.
Nov 24, 2015, 01:24 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Wires for power go down to the swingarm to metal tabs on inside to reach rear axle. Add a switch or bullet connector to wires at source.
Nov 24, 2015, 07:57 PM
Put the lower RPM as me it will be the best ...

The SR5 rider is not available for spare parts ?

I'm not really interested to buy this SR5 as i already have two SR4 !

Maybe just the rider when it will be available ...
Nov 25, 2015, 12:26 AM
By any means, I can reduce the power consumed by the gyro? How to slow down the gyro RPM? is it possible switch the gyro to mechanical mode? mix/control by throttle? thanks.
Nov 25, 2015, 11:15 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkltam
By any means, I can reduce the power consumed by the gyro? How to slow down the gyro RPM? is it possible switch the gyro to mechanical mode? mix/control by throttle? thanks.
In the rear tail of frame behind rider is the gyro esc with four RPM buttons to choose. (see page 13 of manual). 1= orange/ 8000 rpm ...2,3,... 4= red/ 12000rpm. Did you try these yet? There is no mechanical gyro. Try 8000 rpm mode.
Nov 25, 2015, 04:17 PM
dammachines
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
There is no mechanical gyro.
Not to mention, a mechanical gyro is the last thing you'd want if you're concerned about power consumption.

Quick Reply