Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 09, 2015, 12:04 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Discussion

Skyrc sr5

Skyrc is updating the SR4. I was wondering why online shops were selling out of the SR4 version or discounting it to a lower price (like Hobbyking $199). Graphics and rider details are noticeable visible changes (helmet looks great) but hopefully more than that!
http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route...product_id=138

to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2015, 06:44 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Found this short video of the "SR5" prototype being tested without rollbars. One interesting thing I saw was the metal looking swingarm. Could have been painted though, not sure.

SkyRC SR5 prototype motorcycle Anti rollbar (1 min 4 sec)
Nov 10, 2015, 01:48 AM
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
They say it has a new rider ( big improvement ) , new fork internals / reliability ( I pray they've copied the MM450 design) and a new improved stronger and reliable gyro - which I personally never had a issue with . It'll still have a dodgy rear shock , but my kits will fix these probs. It's still going to keep it's ugly " Meccano " style chassis / design , but don't forget this is the bike's strongest point - it's truly bullet proof and once you've experience 3 cell speed - it'll blow you away . When I show all my completed bikes, I'll prove you can make the chassis and body work look a lot better / more realistic ! . Trust me - you won't be focusing on how real an RCDB looks when your trying to rustle it back into shape - doing a 45 mph power slide / wheelie / tankslapper
Last edited by King of the hill; Nov 10, 2015 at 02:22 AM.
Nov 10, 2015, 05:13 AM
Niiice
Nov 10, 2015, 04:03 PM
Something missing in their public ad for this baby???

See pic.

** I DO LIKE the RPM choice on the rear Electronic Gyro though.
Nov 10, 2015, 06:58 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H
Something missing in their public ad for this baby???

See pic.

** I DO LIKE the RPM choice on the rear Electronic Gyro though.
LOL. In my original post above the first photo I always figured it was a rendered photo, but the second one you pointed out had me fooled. Until you pointed to the missing servo.
Nov 10, 2015, 07:04 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
Found this short video of the "SR5" prototype being tested without rollbars. One interesting thing I saw was the metal looking swingarm. Could have been painted though, not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFXVbvNjTzk
they're messing around with that little lump of snow, and they have that GIANT blue ramp behind them... tsk tsk
Nov 11, 2015, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc
LOL. In my original post above the first photo I always figured it was a rendered photo, but the second one you pointed out had me fooled. Until you pointed to the missing servo.
LOLOL!
Nov 12, 2015, 04:28 AM
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby
SKYRC SR4 With Mechanic Gyro (4 min 20 sec)
. Found this vid showing an SR4 drifting on ice , love the one which lays a patch ! 2:50
Last edited by King of the hill; Nov 12, 2015 at 04:33 AM.
Nov 12, 2015, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the hill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZbyEqVGFP8 . Found this vid showing an SR4 drifting on ice , love the one which lays a patch ! 2:50
Sweet drifting .. looks like ice(?)

A testimate to the stableness of this machine. I'm considering this one because of the ability to choose RPM of the rear tire gyro.
Kevin
Nov 16, 2015, 12:33 AM
I ordered the SR5 last Saturday, should arrive home this week !
Nov 16, 2015, 11:45 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkltam
I ordered the SR5 last Saturday, should arrive home this week !
Do you own the SR4? It would be nice for someone familiar with older version to compare it to the SR5.
Nov 16, 2015, 08:20 PM
I dont have SR4. I want to know the difference between SR4 and SR4 too.
Nov 17, 2015, 12:47 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
Where did you purchase the SR5 paulktam?
Nov 18, 2015, 12:17 AM
I bought it in Taobao via internet .

Quick Reply