This thread is privately moderated by cubcrafter60, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 09, 2015, 08:11 AM
Wada ya mean, over engineered?
Thread OP
Discussion

The Discovery Museum - Aerospace Day

I was honored to participate with our club (High Desert Radio Control Club) from Fernley, NV and the High Sierra Radio Control Club from Carson City,NV on Saturday at The Discovery Museum, Aerospace Day presented in partnership with ALEX (Aerospace Learning Xperience) in Reno.

The event was aimed at introducing youngsters to the world of aviation and possible careers in aviation as well. We had a nice display with a RealFlight sim set up with a Decathlon and our club secratary/treasurer johnorama linked it with his 'real' RC Decathlon so the kids (and parents) could see how the flight controls reacted to the control inputs! It proved to be very popular and I don't think the transmitter sat on the table for more than two minutes all day (I know those servos got a workout)! They had a drone zone, model rockets, full size aircraft flight sims, as well as commercial airline and military pilot's to answer questions. Our club president Brad brought along his 1/5 scale P-40 and a members glider (that's seen better than 400 mph) added some serious 'wow factor' to the scene!

We had a great time there and we're already discussing what to do and looking forward to next year!
Last edited by cubcrafter60; Nov 09, 2015 at 08:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply