A Photo Salute to The 7th Annual Jet Rally in the Valley by Delta Valley Modelers

The annual jet rally was held in Lodi CA the first weekend in November.

Splash

Introduction

The 7th Annual Jet Rally in the Valley was open to EDFs as well as all turbo powered planes including jets and turbo prop planes. The weather was great on Friday and Saturday and pilots were able to fly on Sunday morning as scheduled before the predicted rain arrived. Pilot's ages ranged from 6 - 60+. Here is a collection of pictures and one short video of the planes flying on Saturday. If you like jets I hope you enjoy the show. Join us at Kingdon Air Park in Lodi next year for Delta Valley Modeler's annual jet rally. Enjoy the show.

What Were You Flying When You Were 6?

Karsten Flies Jets (OK EDFs) at sunrise on Dawn Patrol!

Karsten doesn't realize he should be afraid of all the things that can go wrong so he just flies and has fun and he does fly pretty well!

RC Jet Pilot Six Years Old (2 min 23 sec)

Last edited by Michael Heer; Nov 09, 2015 at 11:57 PM..
Nov 10, 2015, 02:58 PM
Nice pictures Mike! That 6 year old is a great little pilot.
Nov 10, 2015, 03:02 PM
A geriatric flier
Thanks for the photos and "Good on ya kid."
Nov 10, 2015, 06:10 PM

A Doucette

Great pictures and great Video, Mike, Thanks
Nov 10, 2015, 08:51 PM
Well I was flying paper airplanes when I was six because no one would buy me a plane to fly.
Nov 10, 2015, 09:48 PM
Richard Andersen
A great weekend of flying RC and even the smallest EDF Habu made the camera!!! Great pictures and the video was awesome. Thanks Mike
Last edited by Richard63; Nov 10, 2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: added more words
Nov 11, 2015, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
When I was 6 I was flying the balsa rubber band powered $.25 model with red prop and plastic wheels. Our home was on an old growth tree lined street and I would risk everything to see my plane soar up to the canopy and then I could breath again as she flew below it back to relatively open air space. Unfortunately, they were elm trees and most were removed due to dutch elm disease about twenty years ago or so. Where was that disease when I really needed it to free up my air space? Mike H
Nov 11, 2015, 01:02 PM
Official Boat Bum
Most excellent!
Nov 11, 2015, 04:08 PM
Mach 2
Nice photos! That 6 year old seems to be better at landing than some of the adults No offense
Nov 12, 2015, 10:56 PM
better then me at landing the jets. He is going to only get better. more power to him and his family. Glad he is out there and not stuck inside like a lot of our kids.

Quick Reply