Nov 09, 2015, 01:49 AM
Thread OP
Gallery

A beautifully built Sagitta XC

These were taken Sat. at a secret glider testing site. What a beautiful model.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2015, 03:28 AM
DLG Bug Bit Me
Wow what a beauty. Thanks for sharing.
Any info. Building time, or modifications?
Nov 09, 2015, 10:10 AM
Thanks for pictures. To bad I missed sat. at field. I most likely build my Sagitta 900 early next year. Hmmmm Sagitta-XC ! Problem is winch but do know somebody who builds them. Our good friend Rob H.
Nov 09, 2015, 10:26 AM
That is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Nov 10, 2015, 01:13 AM
View 26 pretty much points out beauty of the design. Sheer graceful in action. It would be a crime to stick a motor up front. i know some folks do for reasons but no longer a thremal glider. Don't agree thats fine but for me a Glider is non powered. Put a motor in it then its an electric powered plank.
Nov 10, 2015, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04
View 26 pretty much points out beauty of the design. Sheer graceful in action. It would be a crime to stick a motor up front. i know some folks do for reasons but no longer a thremal glider. Don't agree thats fine but for me a Glider is non powered. Put a motor in it then its an electric powered plank.
I see your point, but would you criticize a person that is handicapped in some way not to put a motor in a beautiful plane like this. When it comes to putting a motor in a sailplane, I try to get to conform to the nose as possible.
I am going to start buying would in December to scratch build a Airtronics Aquila and I am going to install a motor in this and all the planes I build.
If you use the motor all the time, then yea it's a plank.
But I love to hunt for thermals and you can't do that with a motor running all the time. And hunting for thermals the old fashion way, not with some gizmo in your plane that beeps or gives you a readout on your tx that you found a thermal.
Nov 10, 2015, 03:37 PM
DLG Bug Bit Me
Ha! The great debate.

I have the perfect solution. I have both. 1 is just as good as the other depending on what you desire to do at the time.

Lets not detract from the original post guys. We're all in this for the fun right.
Nov 10, 2015, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHover
Ha! The great debate.

I have the perfect solution. I have both. 1 is just as good as the other depending on what you desire to do at the time.

Lets not detract from the original post guys. We're all in this for the fun right.
Just saying, but you are right. Someday, I will scratch build this. I have the plans from outerzone.
Nov 10, 2015, 09:31 PM
Thread OP
Does anyone know who mfg. the glass fuse for the XC? I'm wondering because I've been told Prather Model Boat's did the glass fuses for the Airtronics Aquila Grande. Maybe they did the XC as well.
Nov 11, 2015, 05:41 AM

Sagitta xc fuse

Bob sealy used to make one but was called someting else. We used to but them as a replacement for the xc.
The empennage was longer too.
Nov 11, 2015, 09:45 PM
How big is wingspan on Sagitta XC ? By the way I understand someone who may need to convert to electric and thats fine. Or build any way anybody see's fit. For me bird is beautiful Glider. I got into gliders as they use no motor/ wind / thremal/ lift etc. Thats just me thats all.
Nov 11, 2015, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04
How big is wingspan on Sagitta XC ? By the way I understand someone who may need to convert to electric and thats fine. Or build any way anybody see's fit. For me bird is beautiful Glider. I got into gliders as they use no motor/ wind / thremal/ lift etc. Thats just me thats all.
14 feet 6 inches (approx. 175.2 inches)
http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=6079
Nov 12, 2015, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienmenacet54
I see your point, but would you criticize a person that is handicapped in some way not to put a motor in a beautiful plane like this. When it comes to putting a motor in a sailplane, I try to get to conform to the nose as possible.
I am going to start buying would in December to scratch build a Airtronics Aquila and I am going to install a motor in this and all the planes I build.
If you use the motor all the time, then yea it's a plank.
But I love to hunt for thermals and you can't do that with a motor running all the time. And hunting for thermals the old fashion way, not with some gizmo in your plane that beeps or gives you a readout on your tx that you found a thermal.
Putting a motor ( electric) in an XC wouldn't be a bad idea. Just climb out to an altitude you're happy with, then shut it off and soar!
If it gets low, turn the motor on and climb out again!
I wouldn't bother with a thermal indicator in it.

Putting a motor in it makes it easier to fly in more places, at least it would here.
I have a 45 acre farm field behind me but when it's planted , I can't set up a towline, but next to it are several vacant lots to electrically launch and land from!, but not big enough to set a winch and towline up in.
Nov 12, 2015, 07:43 PM
KM6UBL
Simply beautiful. Poetry in motion, there is nothing like a graceful sailplane cutting the air. And it did not come from a China box!

Robert
Nov 12, 2015, 08:16 PM
Great looking plane.

Quick Reply