Dec 29, 2019, 03:03 PM
I got them on the phone once or twice, but was never able to buy anything from them. Each time I tried it didn't go through. If they have a number listed, maybe try calling? I ended up making/printing my own for the Rigid case, and couldn't be happier. Is making your own an option for you?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2019, 09:55 AM
My apologies for the delay. It appears that something is broken in our bumpcharger.com email accounts - we did not get a notification email of your order or any subsequent emails.
I see your order in our ecommerce system so we will get started on it right away.
Once we figure out what's wrong with our email Ill reply to your previous email to confirm everything is working again.
Sorry again for the delay,and thanks for posting here so we knew about the problem.
Dec 30, 2019, 10:11 AM
"the analog man"
Kelly, Thanks for the response. Hope you and your family had a great Christmas. Email and the internet are great, except when they don't work. By the way, since the order was placed, I've realized I also need some additional bits, if there is a way to add them to the order.

Thanks
Larry Fitch
Jan 07, 2020, 09:44 AM
"the analog man"

Yippie!!

I received all my Bump/Ridgid pieces from BumpCharger yesterday, and I am a happy fellow. I bought the deck that has only fan and hot air cutouts. I intend to mount a pair of banana jacks, and a balance lead female socket, so I can plug anyone of several balance boards, depending on the batteries (and connector) I happen to be flying at the time. Does anyone have a source where I can buy a balance lead with a male plug on one end to plug into my PL8, and the other end with a female socket that I can suurface mount on my deck?

Thanks, if you can help,

Larry
Jan 07, 2020, 09:54 AM
Super Nice Guy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRFitch
I received all my Bump/Ridgid pieces from BumpCharger yesterday, and I am a happy fellow. I bought the deck that has only fan and hot air cutouts. I intend to mount a pair of banana jacks, and a balance lead female socket, so I can plug anyone of several balance boards, depending on the batteries (and connector) I happen to be flying at the time. Does anyone have a source where I can buy a balance lead with a male plug on one end to plug into my PL8, and the other end with a female socket that I can suurface mount on my deck?

Thanks, if you can help,

Larry
Progressive RC - https://www.progressiverc.com/panel-...ance-port.html

I used this for build I just completed. Comes with the cable and port. Also available in 6S version.

Best - JC
Jan 08, 2020, 11:50 AM
"the analog man"
JC, Thanks for the link. I called and ordered the mount and a couple other items. They should all be here today. Also,a question about power supply used. I have a 24v,75 amp supply from FeathermerchantRC, but it appears to be slightly taller than will fit under the deck. Can anyone state what they have used that does fit?
Jan 08, 2020, 12:21 PM
Super Nice Guy
Thread OP
Quote:
JC, Thanks for the link. I called and ordered the mount and a couple other items. They should all be here today. Also,a question about power supply used. I have a 24v,75 amp supply from FeathermerchantRC, but it appears to be slightly taller than will fit under the deck. Can anyone state what they have used that does fit?
I use the DPS-xxx server power supplies laid side-by -side.

Lipo Connection Solutions offers them in a stacked package and I separate them and place them as desired. Requires some soldering. You may be able to have him build to suit your need.

http://lipoconnectionsolutions.com/H...t-HP241000.htm
Last edited by JC Spohr; Jan 10, 2020 at 01:32 PM.
Jan 08, 2020, 05:04 PM
"the analog man"
JC, Thanks again. I've sent lipoconn a question, asking what he can do/recommend.

Larry
Jan 10, 2020, 01:32 PM
Super Nice Guy
Thread OP
Quote:
JC, Thanks again. I've sent lipoconn a question, asking what he can do/recommend.

Larry
Any luck?
Jan 12, 2020, 11:44 AM
"the analog man"
JC, Not too much. I believe I can make my current PS fit OK. All should be good as I find several additional bits and pieces to get the box wired up properly. Need a few things from Progressive RC. Good people to work with.

Larry
Jan 12, 2020, 03:48 PM
Super Nice Guy
Thread OP
Quote:
JC, Not too much. I believe I can make my current PS fit OK. All should be good as I find several additional bits and pieces to get the box wired up properly. Need a few things from Progressive RC. Good people to work with.

Larry
If you can't get your current supplies to fit; there are several guys selling the more compact DPS type supplies and I'm sure most will work with you to get you what you need.

Let me let me know if you have any additional questions and I will do my best to steer you in the right direction.

Good luck with your project and post some pics here when you are have completed it.
Jan 20, 2020, 10:24 AM
"the analog man"
JC, I think my fitment issues are somewhat self imposed. The deck I bought from Bump Charger has the bump controller and two fans located along the front edge of the deck. This leaves both a width and hight limit for the power supply size between the controller and either fan. I think mine will fit, but just barely. I've now received the last of the needed parts from Progressive RC to get all the electric pieces interconnected properly.
Jan 20, 2020, 01:56 PM
Super Nice Guy
Thread OP
Quote:
JC, I think my fitment issues are somewhat self imposed. The deck I bought from Bump Charger has the bump controller and two fans located along the front edge of the deck. This leaves both a width and height limit for the power supply size between the controller and either fan. I think mine will fit, but just barely. I've now received the last of the needed parts from Progressive RC to get all the electric pieces interconnected properly.
I have been in the same situation twice myself. I built a smaller single case a couple years ago and it is "tight" to say the least. Everything just barely fit and it would only go in one way.

I just built another small single charger case using a slightly larger Seahorse 520 case and layout was equally challenging and limited for configuration.

Using the smaller DPS power supplies and not stacking them was key in getting them to fit.
Feb 06, 2020, 11:04 AM
"the analog man"

The saga continues

I have gotten all equipment under the deck, and wired up. Plugged it in for the first time,everything lit up, fans started running, leds lit up, but wait just a minute. Using a helpful video, I programmed the PL8 to allow the bump controller to take charge, and the BC doesn't do anything but light up the screen with an off-white glow. It appears (according to REVO USA) some BC units have bad displays, and mine is likely one of them. REVO USA is willing to address the problem by selling me a replacement at a reasonable cost, so all should be good soon.

Larry
Feb 10, 2020, 06:53 PM
Super Nice Guy
Thread OP
Good to hear Larry!

Quick Reply