Nov 08, 2015, 11:52 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Miles Reed's Weeks Solution X GC location

Need a little help on this plane folks. I purchased a used already built Miles Reed version of Kermit Weeks Solution X bipe, 77" wingspan, and am in process of bringing it back to life with a new 85cc engine and covered in a modified version of Kermit Weeks black plane. What I really need to know is where is the CG on this plane located? I have researched and found some statements about the CG being pretty broad, but I still don't understand the terms used to describe where it is located. If anyone has the plans from this version and can enlighten me as to where the CG should be located, it would put me on the road to being ready to fly. Thanks...PACO RITTER, Texarkana, Arkansas
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2015, 04:54 PM
Raise the tail until the fuse is leveled by the datum/ longeron, in the pic the yellow stripe on the side looks to be on it . Place a string long enough to go over the wings, close to the fuse side, and about 1-2 inches from the surface, I use fishing weights on the ends of the string to hold it taught. Measure from the rear string to the front string and subtract 70%, this 30% is the distance the cg should be from the front string, that is a good starting point for a maiden
Nov 14, 2015, 11:55 PM
Leroy G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace4rc
Raise the tail until the fuse is leveled by the datum/ longeron, in the pic the yellow stripe on the side looks to be on it . Place a string long enough to go over the wings, close to the fuse side, and about 1-2 inches from the surface, I use fishing weights on the ends of the string to hold it taught. Measure from the rear string to the front string and subtract 70%, this 30% is the distance the cg should be from the front string, that is a good starting point for a maiden
Robert is that a good method for finding it on any plane or do different models need different approaches, for example bips. verses cubs. Just curious.

Leroy
Nov 15, 2015, 07:16 PM
It is a good method on any standard, normal wing and tail, aircraft.

Quick Reply