May 07, 2016, 07:12 AM
wolfgang

Flevo Cup 2016

just started:

https://www.facebook.com/Flevo-Cup-I...167875/?ref=hl
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2016, 08:02 AM

Flevo

Thanks, Wolfgang! A bit more here: http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...-05-2016/page6
May 07, 2016, 08:15 AM
Pretty sad out of all the US, we couldn't provide even one competitor. Sigh.
May 07, 2016, 01:20 PM
wolfgang
Damn, I am still at work this evening!
They had spare boats available!
May 07, 2016, 01:27 PM
I thought I read on the German forum that there would be a foiler at Flevo?
May 07, 2016, 01:42 PM
wolfgang
Yes, first launch last sunday.

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/attac...1&d=1462276905

So not much time for testing/training.
May 07, 2016, 01:43 PM
I thought the SHINOBI out of Britain had foils but not positive. I don't follow that close.
May 07, 2016, 01:45 PM
That's a bummer, Wolfgang.
Jun 24, 2016, 10:03 PM

It's Back Home - for a refit/restore

Several years ago, my MultiONE (1 Meter) trimaran went to a new home up in Canada to a person who indicated he was interested. A good asking price was provided and I hadn't seen or heard of the tri until about 5-6 months ago. The (then) owner emailed and said he had pitchpoled it and the rear crossbeam attachment to the rear of a float was broken, along with some sundry other issues also incurred with the ill-fated sail. After some conversation, I offered to buy it back for half of it's original selling price plus freight. We went back and forth, and finally agreed - especially since I didn't have it in hand to look at it. When it arrived, it looked almost like it had been run over/stepped upon. Not too much physical damage, but enough work needed to prepare for a possible resale. Sails were missing. When I called about them, he indicated they were ripped along a seam, so he threw them away. He didn't think a seam repair was possible. Oh well. The main was a double - luff which is the pink leading edge.

Now that the "baby" is back home, I will have to add it to a growing list of restore projects. The design, for those who may be interested was a main hull shaped much like a NACRA F-18 and which if two were made, it would make an awesome cat. The floats were a little on the small size, but before making a new, bigger (more volume) set, I might take the plunge and use this for a foiler project. Still decided. Other than the broken rear beam attachment point, most of the stuff looks like it will be able to be salvaged. This is how it looked prior to selling and shipping it north. Construction was glass over foam and hulls removed from foam after cure.

Will provide some updates as I proceed to restore it.
Jun 25, 2016, 11:43 AM
Thats a good looking boat, Dick....
Jun 25, 2016, 11:51 AM
W Kuhns
WOW!! you guys are so far advanced in this sport. love cats and tri's I doubt highly I could build one especially getting the two hulls exact. On the other hand this is a refreshing post. I love seeing new ideas. Nice job on the hulls Bill
Jun 25, 2016, 11:55 AM
Thanks. Doesn't look quite so good now.
A few (???)hours of elbow grease and some work bench time and I hope to improve the looks a whole lot plus it's ability to actually sail again. Then time for some video (which I didn't do before. The more I look at it, I don't think he really took care of it ...... Except to maybe charge batteries. I may convert it over to 2.4gHz since it originally had an AM set of electronics.

May discuss some type of snap-on foils if I get it back to sailing. Cross beams were last of the 1/2 inch stuff so making shouldn't be a problem. Not the big outside ones but some smaller ones similar to those Lindahl made for his new A Class cat. (link I sent you)

Cheers.
Jan 03, 2017, 06:00 PM
In re-reading the last post, I realize, I didn't answer your question, although I'm not sure what photos you are asking about float weights. All of my photos are of a catamaran configuration with exception of the gray, primered hulls. Those are for a 2 meter platform, and belonged to Mike Howell (prior to his death) who lived in the U.K.

Also, it was recently brought to my attention, we have lost a big promoter of the rc scale sailboat hobby.

RIP Chris Jackson, UK editor of Marine Modeling Magazine
Jan 03, 2017, 06:11 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Chris! He was a good guy.....
Apr 04, 2017, 03:08 PM
Racing at Gosport (UK) has Mike Dann in 3rd. Place so far sailing an old (antique) Andy Mcculloch design GHOST TRAIN which dates back to the 1990's or early 2000's.

Design is a trimaran and can easily be found on the internet for free. This is a MINI 40 class boat.