Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Friday Photo Coverage - The 2015 Horizon Indoor

The Horizon Indoor marks the start of cold weather and indoor flying. We have 200 photos from Friday's action!

Splash

The Airspace Inside the Dome Was Packed With Foam!

The 2015 Horizon Indoor started off on Friday morning to unusually warm weather compared to years past. Since the Four Seasons Golf Dome isn't heated, it made for pleasant flying inside the dome throughout the day. And unlike last year, the dome didn't collapse!

There was plenty of indoor flying action all day long, and all the available tables were taken by 10am, so if you're coming on Saturday, bring your own table or you'll be setting up on the artificial grass. I spent the day taking photos of just about everything that was flying, including some awesome looking balsa scale aircraft, quads and jets during their breakout sessions, and 3D foamies hucking around the airspace. It was great to catch up with old friends and new ones I've met since last year's Indoor. I even got a little flying in myself! We'll have a wrap up video coming after the conclusion of the Horizon Indoor, but until then...

Enjoy the pictures below!

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Nov 07, 2015 at 06:55 AM..
Nov 07, 2015, 08:00 AM
Thank you!
That Fairchild sure looks nice.
Nov 07, 2015, 10:45 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I love the Super Connie, too!
Nov 07, 2015, 11:40 AM
ski bum in training
Any info on the epic looking seawind? https://static.rcgroups.net/forums/a...2-IMG_3595.jpg
Nov 07, 2015, 11:56 AM
RCGroups Editor
New Hobbico product coming soon! I'm doing a quick interview about it and it will be in the wrap up video.
Nov 07, 2015, 12:44 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Nice picts....wish I were there.
Nov 07, 2015, 01:17 PM
ski bum in training
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
New Hobbico product coming soon! I'm doing a quick interview about it and it will be in the wrap up video.
Sweet! I can't wait to see it!
Nov 07, 2015, 02:09 PM
3d and EDF, some scale
That new Seawind is just what I want
Nov 07, 2015, 03:56 PM

Seawind

I saw the Seawind at NEAT Fair. Beauty! Don't know if it flew, but it sure looks sweet. With retractable gear to boot. I put it on my Santa list.

Alan
Guelph ON
Canada
Nov 07, 2015, 04:55 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Great photos Matt!
Nov 07, 2015, 07:36 PM
I'm heart broken... I was flying here all day Saturday with a mobius on my bloody Baron, get home and the sd card is missing. Sorry guys, thought I was gonna have some awesome aerial footage for you.
Nov 07, 2015, 08:01 PM
RCGroups Editor
Been there. Done that! We got some awesome FPV footage this year. Not HD, but stillgood stuff.