Aaaand onother correx jet: F22 - RC Groups
Nov 06, 2015, 02:07 PM
Allways the hard way!
Discussion

Aaaand onother correx jet: F22

I wanted to experiment with an inbetween size slot-jet using 2mm correx...

640mm span, 2812 E-Max and 800mah 3cell..

Realy chuffed with the way she flies.. and looks!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2015, 01:49 PM
Allways the hard way!
Airial pics of this morning's quick sortie before work..
Nov 08, 2015, 12:24 AM
What was the final AUW?
Nov 08, 2015, 02:13 AM
Allways the hard way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Sports
What was the final AUW?
She's 388g all up.. the vinal added about 20g but i think it was worth it!

If there's anything i would change it may be the motor... or maybe a 7" prop. The 2812 is a strong motor but a little lean on rpm.

Maybe i'm a little over critical but just a touch more power on vertical would have been nice!

She will maintain flight at about half throttle perfectly.. its just a bit lacking on pull-out from hi-alpha. Been looking for a broad-blade SF prop in 6" but by LHS only have them from 7"...

Over-all a supurb aircraft!
Nov 08, 2015, 02:59 AM
Thanks

I was wondering if a BW would work for this size - my guess is it would since you could probably get the AUW to well below 350g, and even more so if you use whiteboard markers rather than vinyl.

IIRC, my full fuse F22 is much the same size and weighs over 600g, so yours must fly really well.

For info, I use either a 7x6 or8x4 prop with the 1500KV Emax on 3S, so a 6" prop will definitely not be getting the most out of it. In fact the 1700 BW with a 6" prop will probably give more power than the Emax with the same prop.
Nov 08, 2015, 04:58 AM
Allways the hard way!
I have to agree there.. 6" on this motor is def too small.. but i'm stuck with 6" due to airframe width. I've used the SSF (wide slowfly) props before where i had prop dia limitations.. must find one.

The selection of this motor has to do with local availability.. if more pilots are to be lured into this type of aiframe i was going to have to use LHS off-the-shelf components.

Unfortunately the "Blue-Wonder" types are not a local favourite..

Think it must have something to do with the SA pre-occupation with bigger-is-better and die-hard belief that lectrics are toys!!
Jun 17, 2016, 02:52 AM
Allways the hard way!
Built these 2 Raptors yesterday... or is it Raptii if there's 2?

4 hours flat from picking up the knife!

One is the standard configuration for a fellow flyer.

The other one will be tech'ed up a bit with fixed leading edge flaps and flapperons.

I deviated a bit from my original one by going 3mm corro on the horisontal section/wing. Seems to be better even with-out carbon inserts.

All-up weight at 205g bare. Total weight is expected around 500g to 550g but there will be more than sufficient power as i'm going with a 3500kv 450 heli motor on this one. Weight was not my big concern here as i wanted something heavier for those windy days... just to see what happens!

Most of my last crop of planes were very light with lightweight lectrics. Mostly nice weather flyers. (My big 900mm span Skyray has a cube loading of only 1.9!!!)
Dec 28, 2016, 01:52 AM
Hello sir
Any chance of plans?