This thread is privately moderated by rockbus, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 06, 2015, 02:31 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

The Wind Gods are Smiling.

This past week have been fantastic for slope flying at Torrey Pines Gliderport.

Love flying PSS at Torrey.

PSS flying big halfpipes as high as you can get, with screaming dives. Throw in a few Cuban Eights and loops as well as Rolls on the upline and down line.

Last week:

Thursday Oct 29th winds were 15+ mph straight in. Good enough to fly the Engeric with Ballast and my Me-109 PSS. Oh yeah forgot about the P-51B, threw that out first to check the wind.

This week

Monday Nov 2 winds were again 15+ mph straight in. Flew the Espada with the light morning winds and my Seafire/Spitfire PSS when the winds filled in.

Tuesday Nov 3 winds were 20+ mph straight in. Flew the 2.5 M Carbon Speed/Spider with 16 oz ballast and my Zero PSS. The Speed was really ripping. Should have brought the MCT out.

Wednesday Nov 4 winds were 30+ mph straight in. Flew the P-80 PSS for almost 2 hours straight in the morning. Sky high Pumps to 300 ft and Giant 250+ loops. No one else in the air.

Thursday Nov 5 winds were down to 12-13 mph WNW. Flew the Espada and the Energic. Energic has wind spar ballast and was ripping like the Speed in half the wind.
Last edited by rockbus; Nov 06, 2015 at 11:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply