Jun 05, 2019, 10:52 AM
I still have and fly two Vortex 250 Pros (one is an Ummagawd version), and I now have one Mojo 230 as well. Seriously considering buying another one of those as well. The Vortex line of quads just does everything right. I've never had any of those annoying niggling issues that seem to plague other quads, and I've tried others - I bought some very highly recommended other models, but they all disappointed, some brands more than once! Cheap components failing, each and every time. I have not had one component failure with any of my Vortex quads. Every component that I had to replace was a result of some very spectacular crashes, when my ambition exceeded my flying ability.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2019, 11:59 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Agreed.... reliable and do everything right.... right out of the box.

Yep I have spares of all my Vortex quads.... the Mojo is great too. I really like it on Gemfan 51499 Hurricane Props.
Jun 05, 2019, 05:22 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
The key to the Vortex (as I have said before) was that they came to the table with the BEST package out of the box. The systems are flawless and were way ahead of their time. TX controls of PIDS and Video, fantastic video with ZERO Noise issues and a great OSD. It took a couple years for the industry to catch up and realize these all were things we wanted standard on our ships
Absolutely right! Hell even today there are still bnf quads that fail to get things like clean vtx right (hawk 5). When I flew with others I never had a problem with the vtx of the vortex behaving badly either. Always clean; and didn't bleed over. The perfectly tuned PIDs, and overall "just works" setup... the Vortex was truly ahead of its time.

That being said... man, does it fly like a brick compared to what I have been used to lately, haha.
Jun 05, 2019, 09:19 PM
Plus Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle
I still have and fly two Vortex 250 Pros (one is an Ummagawd version), and I now have one Mojo 230 as well. Seriously considering buying another one of those as well. The Vortex line of quads just does everything right. I've never had any of those annoying niggling issues that seem to plague other quads, and I've tried others - I bought some very highly recommended other models, but they all disappointed, some brands more than once! Cheap components failing, each and every time. I have not had one component failure with any of my Vortex quads. Every component that I had to replace was a result of some very spectacular crashes, when my ambition exceeded my flying ability.
Wow, same here. Agreed everything.
I have my original Vortex 285 Pro. The only replacements after 3 years.... propellers and LiPos

That was my first Racer.... many offers to buy it, but none as good as for separate me from it... I have other brands as dQuad and Lumeniere but have to fix and replace damaged components and failing boards.

The Vortex born strong, heavy, tech ahead inside and with its armored structure that protects against blows and crashes looks like "forever young" quad.

I use it for aerial filming events and flight contests in my club. With a GoPro in font the videos are smooth and stables. I think it is my best invested money in the hobby.

Quick Reply