ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro - Page 3 - RC Groups
Nov 27, 2015, 09:04 PM
Formerly Copperkiid
I see that price too. I was hopping to get one earlier, but noticed they were showing as sold out. But when I checked this evening they were in stock at $499, so i jumped on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2015, 10:41 PM
I did order one, as they state, limited stock, let's see... Nobody else show them in stock... never deal with Fpvaces, anyone has feedback about them?
Nov 27, 2015, 11:07 PM
Formerly Copperkiid
I've never dealt with them. But they were sponsors of the California Cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi
I did order one, as they state, limited stock, let's see... Nobody else show them in stock... never deal with Fpvaces, anyone has feedback about them?
Nov 27, 2015, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperkiid
I've never dealt with them. But they were sponsors of the California Cup.
Looking legit! Just surprised to see them in stock! We will see when it ship...
Nov 27, 2015, 11:19 PM
I can't fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi
wow they have stock already, I thought this hasn't been released yet.
Nov 28, 2015, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoy
wow they have stock already, I thought this hasn't been released yet.
I know! The guy at Acesfpv, email me, seen real honest. Looking forward to give a go to the pro. After 2 285, I was due for a change!
Nov 28, 2015, 12:04 AM
I can't fly
Vids please

If possible osd videos so we can see if the V2 camera hades light to dark transitions better
Nov 28, 2015, 12:10 AM
oops. edited
Nov 28, 2015, 01:05 AM
Formerly Copperkiid

FPV Aces, good experience thus far.

I inquired with FPV Aces about the ability to use two copon codes, one for discount and one for free shipping. Charles the owner of FPV Aces quickly responded and informed me "because of the nature of the discount, you can only use one or the other".

I'm cool with that considering I got $100 off a Vortex Pro with case.

I did ask when it would ship. Charles again quickly responded and said in about a week or so, that Immersion RC had already shipped his order/inventory.

So hopefully they'll be headed our way at the end of next week.

Thus far, I'm impressed with their customer service and response times to my questions. Go FPV Aces!
Last edited by ScudRnr; Nov 28, 2015 at 01:18 AM.
Nov 28, 2015, 01:21 AM
Formerly Copperkiid
I'm already wondering how large the zipper case will be.

Also, I think the next lipos I order will have larger capacity, maybe 1500-1800mah in hopes to get longer flight times with the higher draw from the larger 2204 motors.
Nov 28, 2015, 05:44 AM

ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro revealed!!!!

Did you happen to ask Charles why the price now is $549?
Nov 28, 2015, 10:18 AM
It seems like everyone is expecting these to arrive and start shipping next week. I got the same answer on the phone from Horizon hobby and my buddy Sergio at pyroflipRC (great guy and store). Serg is expecting them early week and horizon seemed unsure as to exactly when. i would grab it from serg over horizon if i could do it again..., he's taking preorders and has been helping with my old vortex for weeks. He also expects to get them sooner then horizon and offers in store pick up. Just no black friday sales with serg .

Another thing for anyone on the edge of there seat like me- Thunderpower is having buy one get one free until Monday. Code bogo15. Pricey batts but there amazing and not so pricey when you buy one get one.
Last edited by AddyZfly; Nov 28, 2015 at 11:02 AM.
Nov 28, 2015, 06:45 PM
went to order some thunder power batteries with that code but shipping was $315 so stuff that.
Nov 28, 2015, 07:12 PM
I can't fly
Yes unfortunately their website only uses fedex shipping calculator so with you being in Australia it will be costly. If you can call on Monday they maybe able to use a different shipping method that is a little more reasonable.
Nov 28, 2015, 07:53 PM
another thing to note regarding the thunderpower coupon.

It seems to only work once for each transaction.

i tried to order 4 batts and it only gave me one free, so i did two separate orders of two batts each to get two for free. If that made any since

Just had to pay shipping twice but its only 8$ to socal. I got anther pair of 1300 4s 70c's and another pair of 1800 4s 55c's. All for about 120$ after shipping
Nov 28, 2015, 08:00 PM
Gyro thats nuts!!! Hope i didn't get your hopes up too much, sorry man. You could buy a vortex 285 brand new for that shipping quote now lol.

Not that any of us need another one at this point
Nov 29, 2015, 05:00 AM
Formerly Copperkiid
Airgonay team crash testing the new VPro (yes I just coined that nickname for the vortex pro). This thing is super tough!! Check it out hitting a tree, prop carnage.

Airgonay'NCAP 2 : crash test Vortex Pro ImmersionRC (3 min 29 sec)
Nov 29, 2015, 12:04 PM
Formerly Copperkiid

What lipo for the new Vortex Pro?

What batteries is everyone plan on using?

I think the popular Hobbyking nanotech 1300mah 3s lipos will barely be enough to support the total amp draw from the VPro.

With a C rating of 45c-90c, they can support a constant 58.5 draw.

According to the motor specs with a 5x3 prop, 100% throttle, the four motors will pull 30 amps, not including other electronics.

Good general rule, your lipo should at least support one and a half times your amp draw, so that would be 45 amps. So the constant 58.5 amp the 3s 1300mah nanotech can produce is ok, but remember, this is on a 5x3 prop. And flight times may be really short.

I'm really considering lipos in the 1500mah-1800mah range. But I'm concerned about weight. The motors can produce plenty of thrust. With a 3S and 5x3 prop, 100% throttle, total thrust is a wopping 1484 grams. That should be able to carry the Vortex with an 1800mah lipo, but flight characteristics may be affected. What do you guys think?
Last edited by ScudRnr; Nov 29, 2015 at 01:07 PM.
Nov 29, 2015, 12:22 PM
How often do we fly at 100% throttle though? I fly mostly in wooded areas and its pretty rare I get to 100% throttle for more than a few seconds. Even a vertical punch out for 9 seconds would be kind of ridiculous.
Nov 29, 2015, 01:00 PM
Formerly Copperkiid
We don't often fly at 100%, but I thought that's a good place to figure things out.

I want my battery to fully support my quads amperage range, hover to full throttle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddogg911
How often do we fly at 100% throttle though? I fly mostly in wooded areas and its pretty rare I get to 100% throttle for more than a few seconds. Even a vertical punch out for 9 seconds would be kind of ridiculous.
Nov 29, 2015, 09:55 PM
Team Warpsquad
I'd consider the bonka packs over the NT packs, imo they are a better lipo.
Multicopterbatteries.com
Nov 30, 2015, 04:17 AM
Formerly Copperkiid
None of the common sizes and C ratings are in stock. Does anyone else carry them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron
I'd consider the bonka packs over the NT packs, imo they are a better lipo.
Multicopterbatteries.com
Nov 30, 2015, 11:39 AM

Teaser

I keep watching this to hold me over until my quad comes. Figured you peeps may be interested. Boris B giving the 250 prototype hell.

Vortex Pro - Agressive Fluidity (3 min 18 sec)

So good! Yummy.
Dec 01, 2015, 02:03 AM

Newbie Questions

Hello. First post and I don't own a quad of this type currently. I have pretty much settled on wanting this one for whatever reason - there are many to choose from. I'd like to have some advice for the remainder of the items I'll need to enjoy this quad. Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction for a remote control radio for this, which goggles would be best and anything else I'll want that I don't know about to ask. I've also heard the camera isn't so good (somewhere) is that true? Should I replace with another one? etc. Sorry for newbie question in the middle of this new quads thread but since its the one I'm looking at getting and you guys know it best figured it was good place to ask. Thanks, I really appreciate your time and guidance.... Scott
Dec 01, 2015, 07:17 AM
Formerly Copperkiid
Welcome to the forums and sport Scott. It's been quickly growing in the past year and a half. So it's a good time to jump in!

The VPro is a good choice as it's all inclusive and should be tough as nails. It is however a total race car. This doesn't mean you won't be able to handle it with a good radio setup, but be aware of it.

Here are some recommendations based on budget.

HIGH BUDGET:

Radio - Frsky Taranis. The learning curve for this radio is high as it has many features. But you will appreciate it down the road as you skills improve.

Headset - Fatshark Dominator V3.

Extras - Lipos, stick with 3 cell lipos for now. As your skills improve, move to 4 cell if you like. Purchase the batteries with the highest C rating you can afford. 1300 mah for racing, 1500-1800 mah for longer flight times. Something above 35-45c should be OK for the VPro.

You will also need a radio reciever. The new VPro natively supports everything now with no special adapter. If you get a Taranis Radio, you'll need a compatible reciever. I would go with SBus over cppm. Sbus is a digital signal with error correction and FAR less letancy than anything else. You wIll not notice it initially, but as your skills improve you will.

The old Vortex fpv cameras have been slowly improved. The VPro will include the most recent 700tvl version 2. So there should be no need to upgrade.

MID BUDGET:

Radio - Spektrum DX6 or equivalent Futaba Sbus radio.

Headset - Headplay's

LOW BUDGET:

Radio - Turnigy 9ch radio.

Headset - Hobbyking Quanum version 2 headset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Guts
Hello. First post and I don't own a quad of this type currently. I have pretty much settled on wanting this one for whatever reason - there are many to choose from. I'd like to have some advice for the remainder of the items I'll need to enjoy this quad. Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction for a remote control radio for this, which goggles would be best and anything else I'll want that I don't know about to ask. I've also heard the camera isn't so good (somewhere) is that true? Should I replace with another one? etc. Sorry for newbie question in the middle of this new quads thread but since its the one I'm looking at getting and you guys know it best figured it was good place to ask. Thanks, I really appreciate your time and guidance.... Scott
Last edited by ScudRnr; Dec 01, 2015 at 07:43 AM.
Dec 01, 2015, 07:40 AM
Hi there
any news about release date and shipping date to getfpv shop?
Dec 01, 2015, 09:12 AM
z33
z33
Subscribed
Dec 01, 2015, 10:44 AM
Copperkiid,

What are your recommendations for a lipo charger for your recommended 3s ,4s batteries?

Thx!
Dec 01, 2015, 05:43 PM
I'm looking forward to this new product. Interesting that IRC doesn't have the manual or firmware available yet. I guess they'll release it when the dealers get stock.
Dec 01, 2015, 09:49 PM
Formerly Copperkiid
Any shipment confirmations for anyone? They should be starting this week.