ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro - Page 197 - RC Groups
Sep 07, 2017, 06:34 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatfink
Hi. I've had my 250 Pro since launch, but never upgraded it (infact probably been a year since I've flown it). I was reading the manual and it says to download cleanflight config to update it - assume this should be betaflight config now?

Any other tips for post update? Never used betaflight. I remember previously not updating because the pro tunes didn't work as intended any more, guess that is still the case? Thanks.
Do the update.
I'm on .41 now and the default tune works great.
Go to the Immersion site under the 250 and download the OSD firmware file for the 250 and it will also have the Betaflight firmware file.
Download the Immersion Tools GUI also if you don't already have it.
https://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-prod...ortex-250-pro/

Download Betaflight here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ocjccjao?hl=en

Use Immersion Tools to update the OSD firmware first.
Then Connect to BF and update the BF firmware.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2017, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
The Vortex Configurator works great for both updates.
Sep 07, 2017, 07:27 PM
To each his own.
Sep 07, 2017, 07:54 PM
im gutted i couldnt afford the vortex 250 pro maybe in a couple of months.
Sep 07, 2017, 09:44 PM
Plus Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy
Hello guys! im super new to this amazing hobby and I just bought an omg edition of this quad! I have started flying fpv and happy with the experience but I feel the range for the fpv is so short like max 150 meter.. I have tbs crossfire + reciver + tbs tango, I have tried fpv thru tango controller, im gonna try to go directly from the quads anteena to my fatshark tranformer and see if it is better.
what anteena sould I get for the transformer? and sould I have 2?

I have one more question, what band and frequency should I use for best reception?
There is something wrong in your setup for FPV. With crossfire you should go 500+ meters.
I use 200 mw VTX with TBS antennas in vortex and in my Fatshark goggles have flown beyond 300 mts tested....
Double check you are using correct SMA. / RP-SMA antenna connector in both components. In addition verify if both antennas are the same polarization. (both LEFT or both RIGHT)
Last edited by Jumanoc; Sep 07, 2017 at 10:12 PM.
Sep 07, 2017, 10:03 PM
I get 1000ft range with clear video easy on 5.8 with a Laforge V2 receiver with the diversity module and some good antennas.
Sep 08, 2017, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandiferous16
I get 1000ft range with clear video easy on 5.8 with a Laforge V2 receiver with the diversity module and some good antennas.
I used to (easily) get 2500ft or more with regular Fat Shark 5.8GHz receiver module in my HD V2 goggles and FatShark mushroom antennas on both ends. Now I get even better with a diversity module and TBS Triumph on both ends, and an Immersion RC directional patch. This is in direct line of sight, of course.

Here is a beach cruise of over 900m away (2900-3000ft) with the regular Fat Shark gear. Was flying with the GoPro on my Vortex 250 Pro for the first time, and it's much heavier than my regular HD cam, so my timing on rolls and flips was a bit off. FPV overlay for you to see what the reception was like:

beach run with FPV overlay (3 min 22 sec)
Sep 08, 2017, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Do the update.
I'm on .41 now and the default tune works great.
Go to the Immersion site under the 250 and download the OSD firmware file for the 250 and it will also have the Betaflight firmware file.
Download the Immersion Tools GUI also if you don't already have it.
https://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-prod...ortex-250-pro/

Download Betaflight here:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ocjccjao?hl=en

Thank you sir.
Sep 08, 2017, 04:19 PM

Yoyo

That is what I best describe my first flights with this machine. And throttle tips? I find I am up and down....alot. Maybe just getting used to it?

Ned
Sep 08, 2017, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncarbon
That is what I best describe my first flights with this machine. And throttle tips? I find I am up and down....alot. Maybe just getting used to it?

Ned
Go into BF and add expo to the throttle. That will calm it down.
Sep 10, 2017, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumanoc
There is something wrong in your setup for FPV. With crossfire you should go 500+ meters.
I use 200 mw VTX with TBS antennas in vortex and in my Fatshark goggles have flown beyond 300 mts tested....
Double check you are using correct SMA. / RP-SMA antenna connector in both components. In addition verify if both antennas are the same polarization. (both LEFT or both RIGHT)
thx! I did buy 2 good antennas and now I have easy 600 meter+ range!
Sep 11, 2017, 06:47 PM

Video signal

When I power on my Vortex I don't get clear video. I have to plug/unplug 10-15 times and maybe then clear video. I have cleaned the VTX pins and bent them slightly with no change. Any other tips?

Ned
Sep 12, 2017, 04:54 AM
RC Addict
Was flying last night and all of the sudden I noticed my on screen display changed and there was all kinds of things on the screen that I have never seen before like RSSI and other things. After I plugged in a new pack they all were gone and never came back. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Sep 13, 2017, 03:45 AM
so I have the vortex 250 pro omg, tbs crossfire and a tbs tango. I use the ppm cable that comes installed, will the latency be much better if I swap too sbus? thx
Last edited by Spaceboy; Sep 13, 2017 at 04:27 AM.
Sep 14, 2017, 04:30 PM
ok so I did change too the "sbus port?" evrything is working fine, but when I check in betaflight it says "spectrum" sould I change that too sbus or just leave it? im confusted