ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro - Page 11 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 18, 2015, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills
Is there something unfavorable about the stock camera that I don't know about?
Didn't like the camera on the original vortex. Looks the same so I swapped it out. I use manual white balance on the HS1177 for better consistent picture.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2015, 05:47 PM
I finally decided to jump into the FPV quad game and just ordered the Vortex 250 Pro along with a set of Dominator V3 goggles. I am a little worried about the 4x3 camera vs 16x9 goggle mismatch - but I am hoping some 16x9 cameras start becoming available soon.

I have been flying 3D helis and planes for years, but this is my first quad. Pretty excited.
Dec 18, 2015, 06:20 PM
Wow.. just went out an flew her... she's a beast. Flies smooth and has plenty of power... I'm coming from 3S DIY's that I build using 12A ESCs and cheap motors, so this is a Ferrari!

I have 12 batteries charged, but only flew four since my fingers are getting numb, and the sun is dipping under the horizon.

Unfortunately, I didn't really pay attention to setting up my Taranis and the Vortex 250 FC. She was only flying in stability mode. I prefer Acro, or at least horizon, and I tried all my three way toggle switches to see if it defaulted into one setting flight modes, but no luck. Probably because I didn't set it up (This is my first real flight with the Taranis, I use a Spektrum 7S for everything else, but bought a new TX when I got the Vortex).... Anyway, A lot too play with an tune, but she's a speed demon for sure.
Dec 18, 2015, 06:27 PM
Reading all these great reports is making me jealous. Cant wait till mine arrives, should be here tomorrow.
Dec 18, 2015, 06:52 PM
If it flies.....I can crash it
Got mine today and giving will be out for the maiden tomorrow.
Question is why is everyone reflashing the board.....do the pro tunes still work then or not?
Dec 18, 2015, 07:15 PM

Activate OSD menu?????

I am moving the left stick down and to the left to activate the OSD and driving me crazy it will not turn on.
Anybody else having this issue????? I even reentered all my controls and tried it again. Only got it to come on once and then it turned off before I could set my lipo or anything else.
I leave it in the corner for 20 seconds and still nothing. It does activate the escs to the bottom and right. It does deactivate the escs to the bottom and left. Just will not open the OSD menu.
Any ideas?

FIXED. SEE Below. Thanks so much for the advice

Mitch.
Last edited by mitch 1; Dec 18, 2015 at 07:53 PM.
Dec 18, 2015, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch 1
I am moving the left stick down and to the left to activate the OSD and driving me crazy it will not turn on.
Anybody else having this issue????? I even reentered all my controls and tried it again. Only got it to come on once and then it turned off before I could set my lipo or anything else.
I leave it in the corner for 20 seconds and still nothing. It does activate the escs to the bottom and right. It does deactivate the escs to the bottom and left. Just will not open the OSD menu.
Any ideas?
Mitch.
Maybe you need to increase your Tx stick travels as per the setup guide?
Dec 18, 2015, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyNach
Unfortunately, I didn't really pay attention to setting up my Taranis and the Vortex 250 FC. She was only flying in stability mode. I prefer Acro, or at least horizon, and I tried all my three way toggle switches to see if it defaulted into one setting flight modes, but no luck. Probably because I didn't set it up (This is my first real flight with the Taranis, I use a Spektrum 7S for everything else, but bought a new TX when I got the Vortex).... Anyway, A lot too play with an tune, but she's a speed demon for sure.
You need to active the 5th channel to control flight modes. Have a look at this video:

Immersion Vortex Pro Setup W/FrSky Taranis D4R-II (19 min 38 sec)
Dec 18, 2015, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanQX
You need to active the 5th channel to control flight modes. Have a look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7TM...ature=youtu.be
Stefan... Thanks... I figured it was something like this in Taranis setup... I just got it outta the box, and haven't dove into the long YouTube series showing all its functionality.. I know my spektrum inside out, so it's time to learn a new one... In anycase, can't wait to setup the fifth channel and try Acro!
Dec 18, 2015, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC
Maybe you need to increase your Tx stick travels as per the setup guide?
You are right. Had to go back and adjust sub trim and servo endpoints to make everything exactly 1000 1500 and 2000 just like manual. Im a novice when setting up FC's but got it.
Last edited by mitch 1; Dec 18, 2015 at 07:52 PM.
Dec 18, 2015, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Stefan... Thanks... I figured it was something like this in Taranis setup... I just got it outta the box, and haven't dove into the long YouTube series showing all its functionality.. I know my spektrum inside out, so it's time to learn a new one... In anycase, can't wait to setup the fifth channel and try Acro!
You're welcome. This was my second time setting up a model after converting from Spektrum too. I would have forgotten to enable it if it wasn't for this video
Dec 18, 2015, 09:02 PM
Formerly Copperkiid
Fatshark makes a 16:9 aspect ratio camera specifically for the new V3 Dominator's.

Quote:
So finally found time to setup wizard my Vortex 250 pro.... The only receiver I have handy right now is the Frsky X8R... I opened the Vortex, got the Sbus cable installed, and the went through the wizard no problem. Everything auto-detected, and all my control sticks work...

My issue is the X8R has those big plastic ends on the ends of it's two antenna wires.

https://wimsworld.files.wordpress.co...420_133610.jpg

There are plenty of mounts you can purchase (or print if you have a 3D printer) for them, or you could buy and switch out for normal antennas... but I have neither, and would like to fly today.

Anyone have any good ideas for how I might DIY mount these plastic antenna ends today... I was thinking of just zip-tying them to the back of the two rear arms... However, that doesn't seem ideal for the actual signal?
Dec 18, 2015, 10:05 PM
Has anyone fit a Mobius on the Vortex 250 Pro? Is there a mount out there we can print or repurpose from another quad?
Dec 19, 2015, 06:25 AM
lgs
lgs
Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScudRnr
Fatshark makes a 16:9 aspect ratio camera specifically for the new V3 Dominator's.
The PCB Antennas work great especially for a stronger signal. At our club you see a lot ot simple wire tie / shrink tube set ups for both the whiskers and the PCB style antennas. We fly a 55 acre field with lots of RF interference and these are rock solid.
Dec 19, 2015, 08:54 AM

Start up tones?

Would love to hear the Star Wars tune which plays after TX wizard every time I turn on the quad by plugging in a new lipo. Would totally make everyone else with other inferior quads jealous. Anyway to easily set this up?
Mitch.
Dec 19, 2015, 10:38 AM

Mobius mount

My buddy and I are working on one- this pic is V1-

V2 will have tabs in the back to stop the mobius sliding back and hitting the antenna in front impact. Will also have a single Velcro strap on the bottom that actually lines up to holes in the camera plate.

We are also making standoffs or skid plates to protect those poor screw heads on the bottom.
Dec 19, 2015, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolang99
My buddy and I are working on one- this pic is V1-

V2 will have tabs in the back to stop the mobius sliding back and hitting the antenna in front impact. Will also have a single Velcro strap on the bottom that actually lines up to holes in the camera plate.

We are also making standoffs or skid plates to protect those poor screw heads on the bottom.
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing it completed.
Dec 19, 2015, 01:26 PM
Anyone else having issues with the yaw....I seem to have a creep that causes slight yaw in straight lines
Dec 19, 2015, 01:38 PM
Blackbrabus-

Not sure what props your using- but i notice with my dal props if one gets a bit bent this starts happening. Replace props and it gets better (on mine). I cant image this is the issue if you are running the glass filled props..., but worth noting.

Once software is up i plan to add yaw deadband like i did to the 285- although it doesnt seem as necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus
Anyone else having issues with the yaw....I seem to have a creep that causes slight yaw in straight lines
Dec 19, 2015, 02:30 PM
Anyone know why I have two RSSI readouts in the osd? I'm not sure what I setup to give me the two readings but it would be nice to only have one. Any help is much appreciated.
Dec 19, 2015, 10:01 PM
As someone who has struggled through quite a few poorly written / translated RC aircraft manuals, I must commend the ImmersionRC team on the Vortex 250 Pro "Getting Started Guide" - it is an absolute delight to read.

Some of my favorite parts so far...

"Do not expect it to fly like a DJI Phantom™ . It does not have a return-to-home feature, no GPS, and it does not have stabilization features that will allow your little brother to fly."

"Take it easy if you are new to the world of FPV racing, try to avoid slamming the quad into the first wall before you have mastered slaloming through the trees on the way to the wall."

"Acro mode is something that should be learned as soon as possible, flying any other mode is a bit like driving a Lamborghini around a parking-lot in reverse… not exactly what you bought the Lambo for."

Keep up the good work obtaining and securing loyal customers and fans!
Dec 20, 2015, 12:57 AM
Formerly Copperkiid

Vortex Pro Taranis model images.

I made these two model images for my Taranis Plus.
Dec 20, 2015, 02:06 AM
Total FPV Noob
So far 3-4 batteries into flying and this thing puts a smile on my face every time! I love the OSD and the fact that is already tuned out of the box. Controls are crisp and responsive... flies like a dream really.

Should I also look into getting the Vortex for longer flight times?
Dec 20, 2015, 02:40 AM
This was my first day with the Pro, Love it.
Winterbound, Vortex 250 pro maiden and crash test (4 min 8 sec)
Dec 20, 2015, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrownmantis
Anyone know why I have two RSSI readouts in the osd? I'm not sure what I setup to give me the two readings but it would be nice to only have one. Any help is much appreciated.
How did you setup Rssi on the osd? At the moment I've got the RSSI value played back via audio on my Taranis when it drops below the threshold or when I hit a physical switch
Last edited by Bongolo; Dec 20, 2015 at 05:45 PM.
Dec 20, 2015, 05:41 PM
I have a quick question regarding FatShark Dominator VRx adapters... don't feel like starting a whole new thread - as most people in this thread probably know the answer to this simple question...

What is the difference between these two:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-drone...sv2422/p353332

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-drone...sv2442/p453485

It seems like the raceband Rx has more channels but is half the price of the 7 channel Rx... Are there any difference between these two other than the support for race bands?
Dec 20, 2015, 10:20 PM
Got one coming eventually from getFPV. Anyone know if the Vortex Pro provides Pro Tunes that are optimized for 3S batteries in addition to 4S? Also, can anyone with one in hand comment on the actual space available for the battery lengthwise, allowing for a smallish satellite Rx in back? And how does the CG seem without a front Mobius type recording cam?
Thanks,
Brian
Dec 20, 2015, 10:29 PM
Where is the get fpv lumenier version? Late november early December my ass
Dec 20, 2015, 10:29 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcc1955
Got one coming eventually from getFPV. Anyone know if the Vortex Pro provides Pro Tunes that are optimized for 3S batteries in addition to 4S? Also, can anyone with one in hand comment on the actual space available for the battery lengthwise, allowing for a smallish satellite Rx in back? And how does the CG seem without a front Mobius type recording cam?
Thanks,
Brian
Any idea when GetFPV will get them in stock? I want theirs with Lumenier motors as well.
Dec 20, 2015, 11:02 PM
Inspired "One"
My maiden today:

Vortex Pro Maiden (1 min 58 sec)