ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro - Page 101 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 07, 2016, 01:52 PM
3D Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyNach
I was having a fun, leisurely day after work yesterday with my Vortex 250 pro, but I got too silly near the end... If the flying bores ya, the crash is at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prvn9TI8Vf4
Nice flying!!!

Except for the tree....
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2016, 09:40 PM
Trying out SUPER expo. Really diggin it. Now I just need to swap out these wimpy 2204s for something with more power.

Batter UP! (3 min 24 sec)
May 08, 2016, 10:53 AM
Super EXPO means crazy sticks response?
May 08, 2016, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogzilla
Yeah that's what I mean, grind down the motor screws.

The ones that come with the emax are too small to fit through the vortex frame. And the vortex stock ones must be slightly too long.
^ This
And also, I think end coil seats lower in red bottom motors
May 08, 2016, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frands1
Super EXPO means crazy sticks response?
Sort of. It manipulates the PID controller. It ups the P term with higher stick input and brings it back down with lower stick input.

In a Nutshell the closer you move your sticks to the end points the more extreme your input becomes. It takes some time getting used to
May 08, 2016, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider2
Nice flying!!!

Except for the tree....
Thanks... Still not smooth enough, but I'm slowly getting ok...
May 08, 2016, 05:47 PM
Does anyone else think the lost model alarm on the Vortex is a joke? I can only hear it from about 10 feet away. I looked in the setup but could not see if there is a way to adjust volume. Are you guys adding a different alarm to your vortex's? Needs to be MUCH louder.
May 08, 2016, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelti
Does anyone else think the lost model alarm on the Vortex is a joke? I can only hear it from about 10 feet away. I looked in the setup but could not see if there is a way to adjust volume. Are you guys adding a different alarm to your vortex's? Needs to be MUCH louder.

At first, But after awhile you will realize how much it comes in handy. In the OSD menu you can change the frequency. I turned mine all the way the way up. It's still difficult to hear unless your close by but I would much rather have it than not.
May 08, 2016, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer0512
At first, But after awhile you will realize how much it comes in handy. In the OSD menu you can change the frequency. I turned mine all the way the way up. It's still difficult to hear unless your close by but I would much rather have it than not.
For sure better than nothing. I'll try turning up the freq. One could add a louder one though...? I ended up using my directional vrx antenna to sus out the direction (close to where I thought it was but not exactly).
May 08, 2016, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceyougojack
Hmmm it flew perfectly the day before and no crashes or anything. I'm hoping it's a tuning or screw issue like the other guy mentioned. did it happen to you after a motor swap?
This has happened twice, seems to be esc loosing sync. And has happened at random times with no crashes. Fixed with a new esc. Tried setting up the quad from scratch and one time even tried a sync through motors tab in CF nothing worked apart from replacing it.
May 08, 2016, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Are the ones that came with the emax the same length though?

M3x8 is the motor screw size stock
You need m3x10 if you want to retain the plastic feet, I went to Ace hardware and got some.
May 08, 2016, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Does anyone else think the lost model alarm on the Vortex is a joke?
I agree... it's too quiet. There is an adjustment for its pitch. Others said they picked pitches that made it sound louder, but to me it sounds like it's the same volume, just different pitch. I have battery beepers with are MUCH louder.

That said, it was useful recently when I crashed high in a tree.
May 09, 2016, 08:34 AM
Quote:
When I changed it to 2950 I can finally hear it much better. Cant live without it now?
May 09, 2016, 09:13 AM

Updating and upgrading

First thing how do I go about updating the flight controller firmware, Iv already done the OSD, because I'm a little unsure ??

Also thinking of upgrading soon to eMax 2205 2300kv, what are the pro tunes like with these motors and is there much tuning ?
Cheers
May 09, 2016, 01:48 PM
Hello,

I would like to install my D4Rii receiver inside the vortex, may you have some solution?

Thx
May 09, 2016, 02:52 PM
The ground is the limit!
I fit an XSR inside and used Sbus. No problems.
May 09, 2016, 04:51 PM
Testing the DAL 5x4x3 after flying the DAL 50x45x3 for a while now.
I really like the added agility in the corners und the faster accleration... !

DAL 5x4x3 on 4s Vortex 250 Pro Freestyle (3 min 3 sec)
May 10, 2016, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky_0325
I fit an XSR inside and used Sbus. No problems.
Thank, I would like to know how did you manage cause there are not so much space inside.
May you have some pic or is anywhere some tuto?
May 10, 2016, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourav
Thank, I would like to know how did you manage cause there are not so much space inside.
May you have some pic or is anywhere some tuto?
The XSR is ALOT smaller than D4RII.

The header pin needs to be desoldered and wires directly soldered in place. Also remove the cardboard wrap and either heat shrink or wrap with electrical tape.

Some say it can be done without removing header pin but to them I say BS. I tried forever to, I don't want it smashed against the flight controller or anywhere near the VTX. So I ended up getting an XSR.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...36781&page=154

Here's a pic of what your wanting credit to mark
May 10, 2016, 08:50 AM
What is the material of props?
May 10, 2016, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack99
What is the material of props?
Depends on the prop..... Most are a Glass/Nylon
May 10, 2016, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Here's a pic of what your wanting credit to mark
Credit to Marky and thank to you as well
To remove the pins & to solder the receiver. Ok i gonna manage.
I m surprise to see that the receiver isn t fixed somehow!!
Then i have got the same fear than you to let it shake everywhere.

How can i fix it then? Double face Tape (i got doubt about longterm influance on the fusion)

Marky any feed back pls?
May 10, 2016, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shourav
Credit to Marky and thank to you as well
To remove the pins & to solder the receiver. Ok i gonna manage.
I m surprise to see that the receiver isn t fixed somehow!!
Then i have got the same fear than you to let it shake everywhere.

How can i fix it then? Double face Tape (i got doubt about longterm influance on the fusion)

Marky any feed back pls?
I put a thin square piece of foam on both sides of mine.
May 10, 2016, 04:59 PM
Wise. Thx for yr reactivity Killer
May 10, 2016, 05:54 PM
No problem, I'm Quad crazy lol. I wish I could get a job in the business somehow.
May 10, 2016, 09:00 PM
One giant leap for slothkind
Can someone tell me how to mount the Gopro recliner it came with??? There are no instructions and can't tell from pictures of it fully assembled. Is anyone actually using it or just a piece of foam?
May 10, 2016, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsmann11
Can someone tell me how to mount the Gopro recliner it came with??? There are no instructions and can't tell from pictures of it fully assembled. Is anyone actually using it or just a piece of foam?
I use it.

Mount it just as you see in the pics. The red plastic inserts just slide in on top of the nuts once you get them tight.

You will probably need to remove the top plate and undo 2 or all 4 of the RED rubber ball dampers to get access to the bottom 2 screws
May 11, 2016, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsmann11
i dont bolt mine down. i just use the gopro strap to hold it all together. that way in a crash, it dont rip the whole top cam plate and bobbins out with it.

also ease of removal and installation when i want to use gp or not.
May 11, 2016, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash8384
i dont bolt mine down. i just use the gopro strap to hold it all together. that way in a crash, it dont rip the whole top cam plate and bobbins out with it.

also ease of removal and installation when i want to use gp or not.
Ya - wish I would have known that before. That was 30 minutes of my life trying to get that thing together..
May 11, 2016, 01:14 PM
Hello all- I just picked this thing up, did the set up and maiden- I have the align align mr25, which is quite a bit different, esp that I have it on a Futaba.... This vortex is the bnf version and I put it on my 9ch spektrum and I'm not getting how to do the 3 position (F switch) to toggle between modes. I only have horiz and acro defaulted to the "B" switch (directly behind the F)
What spazzy thing am I doing wrong? Ch 5 set to gear, and F is "active"
Any guidance is greatly appreciated-
Anyone with Spektrum set up 3 positions?
Last edited by patmac1; May 11, 2016 at 05:06 PM.