Triple Tree Update - eWeek Date Change!

News from Triple Tree - new dates and updates to the facility.

Splash

New Dates for 2016 eWeek

This just in from Triple Tree:

Triple Tree always listens to input from our guests. One question that has come up is why we don't schedule at least one of our major events while school is out. It's a great question and one that has now been addressed by Mr. Pat and the Triple Tree gang. We have made the decision to change eWeek to an early August event! By doing this, our regular, long term, repeat guests with their classic electric models will have the same beautiful Triple Tree grounds and hopefully some better weather. For the kids, it will become the new "Kid's Nall" as they are out of school and able to come with mom and dad.

Triple Tree is going to be even better than ever for the 2016 season! The vendor area enlargement is complete and the new Learning Center is under construction. As always, there'll be lots of "Fun, Fellowship and Hospitality" and in 2016, the kids are going to be able to join in. So make plans NOW to join us for eWeek 2016!

Update Photos of Triple Tree

Learn More at Triple Tree!

Go here to learn more!

Nov 05, 2015, 07:30 PM
While this is a great move, my local schools are, for the most part, all in school throughout August. perhaps a june or july (though it would be hot) event would be good. there are no schools in at this time. I like the idea though, and I'm not trying to complain. This is just my observation.
Nov 05, 2015, 09:51 PM
son of a pilot
I think it is a great move too. I would love to take my son to this event. However, our schools started August 6th this year. So it would have to be the first week in August to make it work.
Nov 06, 2015, 02:13 AM
I agree I wish they wouldn't have moved it, coming from WI it now is right in the middle of many other large midwest events going on (EAA, Watts Over Owatonna, etc) so it is what it is but we may have seen our last eWeek

I wonder if people complained on the date so they had to move it? It must have been recent as they handed out cards at eWeek this year with the Sept/Oct dates for 2016.

I wish they would have polled the people that have been coming to see what the response would be. Other than the rainy weather (which I heard will be hotter in August) I really enjoyed the Sept/Oct dates.
Nov 06, 2015, 02:18 AM
Also looking at the site it is now $16 PER DAY to fly. I paid $35 for the week last year. So for 5 days I will have to pay $96 just to fly plus $20 per day to camp.

I want to support Triple Tree as much as the next guy but $35 to $96 per pilot is a pretty steep increase. Am I reading it wrong:

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/eweek-fly-in.php
Nov 06, 2015, 08:20 AM
Just confirmed with TT that yes they did need to raise their prices
Nov 07, 2015, 08:23 PM
Rain made a mess of the last eWeek but I think all that came still enjoyed TT and the cooler fall temps. I would expect many of us that have been to eWeek year after year may not be able to attend now or won't want to but a host of new families will. The entire event will change. I would rather have seen an additional Family time event created rather than changing the growing eWeek.
I hope they rethink this one - it simply #((&%$#*
Nov 07, 2015, 09:54 PM
I don't get it either. In Woodruff, SC August is the second hottest month and second highest average precipitation, both second only to July, and they've scheduled it for the first week of August. It could well be the hottest week of the year, and it can get brutally hot.

They moved it because they wanted an event while school is out, but then cancel the one event that is geared toward young people, when school is out. How about make that one a multi day event and keep eWeek where it is.

It feels like they haven't really thought this one through.
Nov 09, 2015, 05:58 AM
Crash testing services
While it's not entirely their fault, you're entirely correct. People ask for more amenities that aren't flying related and to appease a few, everyone must pay. After a while, the golden goose of teaching and fellowship is hurt or killed. Those prices are absolutely ridiculous! How much money does someone need to gouge out of others? This is like showing up at the many ama clubs and being asked to pay $20 to fly as a guest.

Now you see why there are so many non ama rogue flyers all over the place. The ama greed has actually hurt the hobby more than anything, as these are the flyers who will cause the most restrictions and laws against what we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseese View Post
Also looking at the site it is now $16 PER DAY to fly. I paid $35 for the week last year. So for 5 days I will have to pay $96 just to fly plus $20 per day to camp.

I want to support Triple Tree as much as the next guy but $35 to $96 per pilot is a pretty steep increase. Am I reading it wrong:

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/eweek-fly-in.php
Nov 09, 2015, 06:27 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
I don't want to complain as TT of course does so much for so many but I would have added a youth event or broadened the one they already have (in July I believe) rather than move eWeek. E-Week (for me) is partly about the weather, the awesome cooler temps and Fall making its presence known. Moving the event to August probably makes it the hottest event I will attend and having all large electrics, that has issues of it's own. I've attended every eWeek but the most recent rain-out, because it's in the Fall, but moving it for the small number of maybe 20 or 30 the would bring kids, doesn't make sense to me either. This will also affect other events that compete during the same timeframe, probably at the cost of people attending eweek...

Jack
Nov 09, 2015, 02:44 PM
I think moving eWeek to August is a bad idea. Lets be honest, the reason so many of us come to the eWeek is the cooler temperatures and the time of the year when family vacations and trips are over. It's a way to celebrate fall with flying buddies. I don't have a problem with TTA having a family (kid event) in August. But start a new event call it something else and leave eWeek alone.
Nov 09, 2015, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyertim View Post
I think moving eWeek to August is a bad idea. Lets be honest, the reason so many of us come to the eWeek is the cooler temperatures and the time of the year when family vacations and trips are over. It's a way to celebrate fall with flying buddies. I don't have a problem with TTA having a family (kid event) in August. But start a new event call it something else and leave eWeek alone.

rcflyertime hit it exactly on the head for what eWeek was for us. Great end to a usually busy summer, time to relax, enjoy the last of the nice weather (when we come back to WI it is pretty much winter, lol), do some flying, and never have to worry that it would overlap other events.

We ended up calling it our "super bowl" as it was always our end of the year trip and last flying event to wrap up the year.
Nov 09, 2015, 04:54 PM
Even though school is out I'm not sure how many families will be coming to camp in 95 degree weather and higher chances of rain.

I was already planning to bring my daughter to the youth event in June.
Nov 09, 2015, 04:59 PM
I just sent them a message through their website. I started off telling them they are great (and they are) but to please, pretty please reconsider this. Maybe if enough people reach out, it will make a difference.
Nov 09, 2015, 05:21 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Agreed. I hate to say anything negative towards them, they do so much but in this case, E-week is not just the event and venue but time of year as well...

Jack

Quick Reply