Nov 05, 2015, 10:42 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Rctimer K18A ESC 2-4S

K18A - Keep it super simple, it is followed the KISS ESC

This 18A Version uses higher rated top notch fets which are able to withstand higher currents compared to the 12A Version.
Smallest ESC in its class, just 2g bare PCB. 2-4s compatible.

Auto input detection: Oneshot or PWM
Jumper 1 - new function:

Open: Low Pass Filter - ON High-frequency spikes will be filtered for some degree to prevent damage to the ESC and motor. As long as the flight style is not hard fast acro, you will not notice the low pass filter. We recommend to keep the filter ON for most setups, turn it OFF only if you know exactly how the PID FC is set for your specific setup.The low pass filter prevents the overheating due to variations in the input signal, but also reduces the speed of the throttle reaction at strong signal changes.

Closed: Low Pass Filter - OFF Control behavior of the K18 ESC is just as sharp

Features

- Developed for Multicopter
- Very small dimensions (12 x 23 mm)
- Precision speed control (about 950 steps)
- adaptive Auto Timing
- 32Khz PWM Frequenz
- 50-500Hz input signal(PWM) or oneshot125 (up to 2000Hz)
- no external Cap (electrolytic capacitor) is necessary **
- fast reacting gas change
- linear throttle response
- Active freewheeling enabled (little diode losses resulting in higher efficiency)
- Regenerative braking, therefore quick throttle response when decelerate
- very fast FET switching through the use of special gate drivers
- Minimal dead time, setted adaptive
- 2-4S LiPo capable
- LED onboard
- JP1 open: normal PWM (50-500Hz)
- JP1 closed: oneshot125 PWM
- JP2 open: Motor rotates in one direction
- JP2 closed: Motor rotates in the other direction

Includes

1x K18A ESC vassembled board
1x Heat Shrink Tube
1x Singal wire(150mm length)
5x 100mm 22AWG Silicon Wire

Product link: http://www.rctimer.com/product-1520.html
Latest blog entry: BeeRotor BLS20A used DSHOT
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2015, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
Please send the message to me if you want to test K18 ESC.

Thanks.
Frank
Nov 05, 2015, 11:04 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
KISS clone which may or may NOT be as good as the Real KISS ESCs.
Nov 05, 2015, 11:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
KISS clone which may or may NOT be as good as the Real KISS ESCs.
Hi waltr,

They are same.

Thanks.
Frank
Nov 05, 2015, 11:52 AM
MOVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
these are clearly rip offs.
you have neither got the layout nor the fw.
even the description is copied. how brazenly is that please.
Nov 05, 2015, 03:23 PM
come on dude?

are you serious with this?
Nov 12, 2015, 02:20 PM
Did you get approval from KISS official?
Nov 12, 2015, 04:42 PM
seems like they have no approval.
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...l=1#post888129
Nov 12, 2015, 06:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimano View Post
Did you get approval from KISS official?
It is not approval by KISS.

Thanks.
Frank
Nov 13, 2015, 01:43 PM
Very interesting that someone has finally cloned these-- and very brazenly so, having ripped off the description text word for word. I suspect the firmware is an equally exacting copy of the original as well.

Also interesting is the price-- almost identical to what Flyduino has been selling them at for the last few months, so they must already be retailing them very near cost as it is.

I guess given the above, I'm unsure where the value proposition lies in these-- Why would I pay just as much, and wait just as long for shipping (HK vs Germany) just to end up with a product that will invariably have an equal or greater chance of failure (I doubt RCT will have as high of QC standards as Flyduino does) yet with a far lower expectation of service or replacement.

Maybe if KISS were still retailing for $26 this would make sense-- but Flyduino was very quick to adjust pricing once it became clear their grip on a size and performance monopoly was weakening.
Nov 14, 2015, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post
It is not approval by KISS.

Thanks.
Frank
If this esc is not official or don't have license, I think you need to show video compare between K18A and KISS 18A.
Nov 14, 2015, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlarp View Post
Very interesting that someone has finally cloned these-- and very brazenly so, having ripped off the description text word for word. I suspect the firmware is an equally exacting copy of the original as well.

Also interesting is the price-- almost identical to what Flyduino has been selling them at for the last few months, so they must already be retailing them very near cost as it is.

I guess given the above, I'm unsure where the value proposition lies in these-- Why would I pay just as much, and wait just as long for shipping (HK vs Germany) just to end up with a product that will invariably have an equal or greater chance of failure (I doubt RCT will have as high of QC standards as Flyduino does) yet with a far lower expectation of service or replacement.

Maybe if KISS were still retailing for $26 this would make sense-- but Flyduino was very quick to adjust pricing once it became clear their grip on a size and performance monopoly was weakening.
Not to knit pick, but the clones are $3 cheaper and then shipping is only $2. That being said, there are other ESC's that deliver the same/better performance without the risk of fires on untuned PID's or underspec'd motors. Even if these clones were $9/ea, there's still no reason to choose them over 20A Little Bee's or Emax 20A nano's IMO. As you said, the value proposition just isn't there unless you really like making toasted marshmallows.

Regardless, it's a testament to Flyduino's business that it took over a year for these clones to be developed. As sad as it is to say, that's a pretty big accomplishment all things considered.
Nov 15, 2015, 08:53 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
If this esc is not official or don't have license, I think you need to show video compare between K18A and KISS 18A.
Ok, I will do that.

Thanks.
Frank
Nov 16, 2015, 12:00 PM
I confuse with your K18A description. On top description it show KISS 1.1 and bottom show KISS 1.2, witch one your K18A version?
Nov 16, 2015, 06:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I confuse with your K18A description. On top description it show KISS 1.1 and bottom show KISS 1.2, witch one your K18A version?
V1.2.

Thanks.

Quick Reply