what the heck is this ??? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 05, 2015, 02:27 AM
Discussion

what the heck is this ???

I can't find this anywhere else online. Looks like a Blade 350 QX3 rebrand to me - you know: "add a cheap camera, give it a stealthy look with a quick paint job, charge more money for it!" kinda thing.

What do you guys think? What the hell is this?

http://www.modelflight.com.au/blade-...ra-mode-2.html
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2015, 02:35 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Yeah, I saw this about a month ago now I think when someone posted it on another forum. Why only AU has this is beyond me, all of the retailers with Blade Glimpse XL are in AU. But absolutely no info on this from Horizon or anywhere.

That being said for $650 it seems a tad overpriced... it's just a 350qxish quad with a 720p camera and TX. It does have a newer GPS though so that's an improvement.
Latest blog entry: Drones for Christmas! 🎅
Nov 05, 2015, 02:43 AM
I think Blade are trying to cash in on the recent drop in the value of the Aussie dollar. Interestingly enough, the Canadian dollar has had the same price drop in relation to the USD, but clearly someone at Blade HQ thinks that we're not as smart as the Canadians, eh?
Jan 12, 2016, 02:21 PM
They are selling these in Maplins in Ireland and the UK now for 519 euro. Has anyone any experience with one? thinking of upgrading and little to no information online
Feb 09, 2016, 07:14 PM
in Belgium 550€ ! BLADE GLIMPSE XL RTF KIT (M2)
http://www.mcmracing.com/fr/home/912...2-605482601686

NO reviews of this ?
Feb 09, 2016, 09:48 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
The original site has it for cheaper. Comes in at $422 USD now compared to when I last looked. I would not pay 550€ for that... that is beyond absurd. Even $422 USD is pushing it big time. This thing isn't worth any more than $250USD IMHO.

What a strange thing though that a "remastered' 350qx shows up only in Europe / Australia...

Here's a video I found of it:

Blade Glimpse XL drone first flight (0 min 47 sec)
Feb 09, 2016, 10:14 PM
Cut price chroma by the look of it.
Feb 09, 2016, 10:23 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
The chroma isn't even expensive anymore though, that's the thing, at least in the US. So it's waaay overpriced looking at the cost in USD anyway.

Maybe a product like this doesn't have a place with horizon anymore but 350qx was such a fun unit. If they brought it back and charged like $200 for it and all of the parts and support were good, hell, I might grab one of these. They also appear to be fully compatible with GB203 and CGO2 gimbal stuff.

why is this not acknowledged - at all - on their site though. it's really weird. how do you find parts or get support for it?
Feb 09, 2016, 11:31 PM
The thing that the Glimpse XL has going for it, over the Chroma, is that it takes standard batteries. The Chroma is reasonably affordable these days, but the batteries for it are expensive. And proprietary, of course.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:59 PM
The glimpse XL seems to be a special manufactured by Horizon hobbies, but sold only by Maplin
Thus the manual is very short, and dosn't cover use with spektrum TX's
Nov 11, 2017, 06:07 PM

what the heck is this ???

Chroma batteries can be had a lot cheaper from sources orher than Yuneec. Tattu is one of them. The pop up GPS antenna, landing gear, and boom lighting suggests this aircraft is of Yuneec manufacture.