This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 04, 2015, 06:22 PM
Thread OP
Video

Easysky FW-190D (2S Brushless) Beast Wulfe "Simone" Premier Flight

Best viewed in Fullscreen and HD! Here is my latest 2S Brushless Conversion, the Easysky FW-190D (Custom 2S Brushless) Beast Wulfe "Simone".

RC Groups Write-Up with Photos: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2534766

Easysky FW-190D (2S Brushless) Beast Wulfe "Simone" Premier Flight (9 min 21 sec)

I've gutted all of the stock 1s Easysky electronics and power system in favor of a UMX Beast 3D brushless ESC and receiver along with a 2500KV Motor and Eflite 5x2.75 Prop.

The dual servo ailerons are also a custom job, taken from the last UMX Beast 3D that I purchased to convert my Parkzone Ultra Micro P-40 Warhawk to 2S Brushless, as the stock system incorporated a single servo with a bell crank. I also had to switch the servo horn direction of the rudder again like I did with the P-40 to get the rudder servo and AS3X to work properly.

For structural integrity, a .050 Carbon Fiber Wing Spar on my Simone has been installed, as well as on the Horizontal Stabilizer. I didn't need to put one on my Vertical Stabilizer due to its robustness. I started the project at 6pm yesterday and completed her at 2am this morning. All control surfaces and AS3X control directions have been checked. Even the prop is balanced.

The finishing touch to the plane would have to be the Lipo "Drop Tank / Scoop Cover made from the plastic canopy piece off of a UMX Beast sitting in a box in my garage. Playing with the part, I was able to CA glue the canopy piece together and create this drop tank / scoop-type compartment. I sanded the openings smooth and then spray painted the piece in "iron black." The area where I CA'd the ends previously have been covered up by a strip of Industrial Velcro that matches the width of the battery tray. The battery seats itself within the drop tank / scoop very snugly, but I may add a latch to the back where the battery inserts itself into for added security. Otherwise, I think it turned out pretty cool for a unique look. Of course, "scale historians" may scoff at idea that this plane never had a drop tank that looked quite like this, but in my opinion it looks better than an exposed blue battery. Ready for her Premier Flight!

This plane makes me feel like I'm flying some sleek marauder in the sky looking to shoot something down. Her sleek lines and glide slope make her very slippery in the air. Slow Flight is excellent. At 30% I can cruise on by at height level, at about slightly fast walking speed. At high speeds, she can certainly eat up a good amount of sky fairly quickly and stable as well with no oscillations. Pretty impressive with those long Landing Gears. Power Climbs are excellent and are almost unlimited if you can keep her in one spot without veering off as she can be a bit squirrely.

I used an EFLU 4864 UMX Beast 3D Receiver that had not been in any Beast. I just purchased the receiver alone at Hobbytown and it works great! I have a feeling that the AS3X is set to about 70% on these right from the get go, and it felt just right as there were some minor gusts at the park which buffeted Simone a few times, but she still tracked in the same direction as I intended her to fly in. Good stuff! Now I know that I can purchase the receiver alone if I don't need any other parts.

With her longer landing gears, she can seem to be a bit tricky to land, but I've found that if you fly her in with a bit of speed, she settles in easily.. much easier than the P-40 Warhawk. She does have a unique tendency to lift off easy though. Just when you think you've planted her down for a good landing, she easily lifts off again if you have just a little bit of throttle on landing. Her landings look pretty cool though when the approach is spot on.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with how this plane turned out. It was a spur of a moment thing that I decided to do yesterday when I realized I had all of the parts in my possession. Well worth the conversion. This is a wonderful flying Warbird!

CONVERSION PARTS:
Motor: Eflite 180 Brushless 2500KV Motor
Motor Mount: UMX Beast 3D Motor Mount
Propeller: Eflite 5 x 2.75 Prop
Spinner: UMX Beast 3D Spinner
ESC/Receiver - UMX Beast 3D AS3X Receiver Board
Dual Servo Ailerons - UMX Beast 3D Servos

Transmitter: Spektrum DX6
Battery: Eflite 2S 200mAh 30C
Timer: 5 Minutes

Thanks for watching and please hit the Like Button and feel free to Share if you enjoyed the video!
Last edited by Blaze0021; Nov 04, 2015 at 06:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply